The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Putting Jack on the bench will give the fans a lift. It will be like playing an unfit Baggio in the world cup final.

football is about belief not fitness.

It will dilute the toxic atmosphere directed at smith should we go behind.

and if wilder sees jack doing stretches on the touchline he will flap it and change his tactics. It would be genius just having him on the bench even if not ready.

I want the press conference after the game to go a bit like this.

REPORTER: big gamble to bring back Grealish early Dean?

SMITH:  The Dr told me no way but I reminded him I'm the boss by firing him and getting in micheal jacksons docter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Putting Jack on the bench will give the fans a lift. It will be like playing an unfit Baggio in the world cup final.

football is about belief not fitness.

It will dilute the toxic atmosphere directed at smith should we go behind.

and if wilder sees jack doing stretches on the touchline he will flap it and change his tactics. It would be genius just having him on the bench even if not ready.

I want the press conference after the game to go a bit like this.

REPORTER: big gamble to bring back Grealish early Dean?

SMITH:  The Dr told me no way but I reminded him I'm the boss by firing him and getting in micheal jacksons docter.

You joke, but perhaps the sentiment is not to far from the truth.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s baffling until you see O’hare play and realise he is shit!

Bit harsh on someone who’s made less than ten appearances for us, a few of those when we were chasing the game and being played off the park, but ok.

Anyway on topic, disappointing about Grealish not being back yet. But I’m not 100% certain he’ll be leaving in the summer anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Bit harsh on someone who’s made less than ten appearances for us, a few of those when we were chasing the game and being played off the park, but ok.

Anyway on topic, disappointing about Grealish not being back yet. But I’m not 100% certain he’ll be leaving in the summer anyway.

I know I was just exaggerating for effect. I’m sure he is an ok player but I doubt he was going to get in to the team.  There’s a reason he has had less than 10 appearances. If you’re good enough you’re old enough as you’ll soon see when Green returns. Sensible to loan O’hare out.  

As for Jack he’ll only leave in the summer if he features and makes an impact this season. I don’t think clubs will meet the asking price otherwise. He will probably play around 10 more games at full fitness.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As for Jack he’ll only leave in the summer if he features and makes an impact this season. I don’t think clubs will meet the asking price otherwise. He will probably play around 10 more games at full fitness.

Agree 100%. The only good news about this injury is that we are likely to keep Jack for another season and that greatly increases our hopes of having a successful season next year.

Jack has had two types of luck over last and this season, bad and no. His long term injuries have also holed our promotion hopes below decks on both occasions. With him in the team on a regular basis, we would have been in serious contention for automatic promotion both seasons in my opinion. So I think that both Jack and Villa are owed a bit of luck next season.

• Like 2

My worry about selling Jack...is that we haven't had the best of records in finding a replacement for a player with his type of ball control.

I still think he has room for improvement on other attributes, but crikey, no one in our set up,can keep the ball like him.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

My worry about selling Jack...is that we haven't had the best of records in finding a replacement for a player with his type of ball control.

I still think he has room for improvement on other attributes, but crikey, no one in our set up,can keep the ball like him.

McGinn's arse can do it. :D

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not convinced by this. He'll have been scouted more than enough. What he does rest of this season won't have too much of an influence I wouldn't have thought?

Anyway, just need him back!

22 hours ago, John said:

Agree 100%. The only good news about this injury is that we are likely to keep Jack for another season and that greatly increases our hopes of having a successful season next year.

Jack has had two types of luck over last and this season, bad and no. His long term injuries have also holed our promotion hopes below decks on both occasions. With him in the team on a regular basis, we would have been in serious contention for automatic promotion both seasons in my opinion. So I think that both Jack and Villa are owed a bit of luck next season.

Agree it increases our chances of promotion massively if he does stay but I sadly disagree that it will be possible. The likes of Maddison have got their move and within 6 months of prem football is now being linked to Spurs and England. Cant see them paying 50m+ or whatever ridiculous price they would want for him though. But I can see them paying 35/40 for Grealish though if he smashes it when he comes back from Injury... and I think they'll have cash to spend after not spending a penny in this whole season. Would seriously love it if he did but I cant see him staying for a fourth year in the championship and missing out on the euro's aswell ☹️ On the plus side with that money and a shrewd coach in Dean Smith we could possibly do a Norwich this year...

41 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

Agree it increases our chances of promotion massively if he does stay but I sadly disagree that it will be possible. The likes of Maddison have got their move and within 6 months of prem football is now being linked to Spurs and England. Cant see them paying 50m+ or whatever ridiculous price they would want for him though. But I can see them paying 35/40 for Grealish though if he smashes it when he comes back from Injury... and I think they'll have cash to spend after not spending a penny in this whole season. Would seriously love it if he did but I cant see him staying for a fourth year in the championship and missing out on the euro's aswell ☹️ On the plus side with that money and a shrewd coach in Dean Smith we could possibly do a Norwich this year...

Spurs would only offer around half of that if anything, in my opinion. Jack may now appear to be injury prone to potential buyers. They have a new ground to pay for and I doubt they will be back in for Jack, that's great news for us. With McGinn (who I think we may be in more danger of losing) and Jack staying injury free for a season I think we might give promotion a serious shot next season, if we have not managed it this season...;)  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John said:

Spurs would only offer around half of that if anything, in my opinion. Jack may now appear to be injury prone to potential buyers. They have a new ground to pay for and I doubt they will be back in for Jack, that's great news for us. With McGinn (who I think we may be in more danger of losing) and Jack staying injury free for a season I think we might give promotion a serious shot next season, if we have not managed it this season...;)  

Not sure I think that will be the case... they offered 25 in the summer and got nowhere so would need to be more.Yes he has had his fair share of injury's like everyone else but I wouldn't class him as Injury Prone tbh. Fingers crossed we wont need to get to this stage and like you say get promoted this season anyway though !

27 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

Not sure I think that will be the case... they offered 25 in the summer and got nowhere so would need to be more.Yes he has had his fair share of injury's like everyone else but I wouldn't class him as Injury Prone tbh. Fingers crossed we wont need to get to this stage and like you say get promoted this season anyway though !

that will be the highest offer we will ever get for him. He has had about 5 good games this season and been out with a long term injury again. If spurs come back in for him they will not be offering more than 15-18 million and it seems nobody else wanted him anyway. People on about getting 60 million for Grealish & Mcginn  for a mass rebuild are insane. We would struggle to get 25 million for both.

• Like 1

Just now, brommy said:

Struggling to get £25m for Grealish and McGinn would be fantastic news.

I agree. Villa are not going to sell for 18mim very confident on that. I reckon 25m+ I think they would. 

One key thing though is he is British that could make a huge difference as you need to have a certain amount of British players in your squad and that will appeal to a lot of Premier league clubs. It would not surprise me if a club like Everton or Leicester actually bid for him in the summer and not spurs. 

Â