The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

And you win the prize for the most predictable reply! I haven't - but I have plenty of other charities - but this is the absolute epitomy of a reactionary keyboard warrior response that is so easily the standard today. Or can you not comment on my comment unless you've donated too?! 

It doesn't matter how clearly one states the purpose of their point, people will quickly take exception rather than discuss it or, better still, just ignore it or put it down to a perfectly acceptable difference of opinion.

Quite clearly stated it was lovely that anyone donates to a charity in initial post. My point was just because they donate a larger financial amount it doesn't make them any kinder than Bob in the office who's actually donated a larger percentage of their earnings. That was it. Wasn't a dig at Grealish, was an observation of our worship of celebrities perhaps. I don't think hearing Grealish donated 0.8% of his monthly pay is necessary unless you go round celebrating everyone who does the same.

And also said it was way off topic. So all relax, I'm not having a go at him I'm just stating an opinion that I think they get too much applause for an effort everyone else gets ignored for. Simple as that really.

The point I was flippantly making was he has donated and has been congratulated for doing so. He didn't have to donate anything. Doesn't matter if it's "pennies" to him, it's still a nice gesture.

You were taking issue with him getting special praise for donating what seemed like a large amount. I don't think he is getting special praise. It's just something that's been noticed by people and he's getting SOME praise. Bob from HR would be getting the same plaudits if he was famous. But he's not so nobody gives a shit about him.

From what I've seen the praise he's been getting is mostly down to the fact he's donated in the first place, not for the amount of a donation.

It's funny that you've labelled my response as a typical "keyboard warrior" response (bit post on poster but we'll let that go)
I'd argue replying to the news of a celebrity donating to charity with the even more predictable "yeah but it's pennies to him here's all my calculations it's nothing special" suits that description far more.

He donated to a good cause he had no obligation to even acknowledge. Fair play to him. If you want to piss on his chips that's fine.

• Like 4

I don't want to brag or nothin' but I have a direct debit that goes out my bank account every month for £8 to the dogs trust. I know, I know...."Rodders, you're too kind." "Rodders, you are an absolute legend" but there is no need. I don't do it because I want the praise, I do it because I love to help. I am just a selfless guy. One of life's givers Spare me the praise and adulation people, I am just trying to live my life. Thank me by paying it forward.

#blessed

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Jack Grealish is set to finally return later this month to fire up Aston Villa’s promotion bid.

Villa are targeting the Championship game at Stoke City on February 23 as a potential date for Grealish to make his eagerly awaited comeback from a shin injury.

The attacking midfielder has not played since December after picking up the injury in the 2-2 draw at West Brom, with his absence a damaging blow for head coach Dean Smith.

Grealish has missed ten games since coming off at the Hawthorns and in that time Villa have secured just two victories.

Villa are determined to ease the 23-year-old back slowly but there is growing optimism that he could be included in the squad for the Stoke game if his recovery continues to go as planned. If that is too soon, the home game against promotion contenders Derby on March 2 is viewed as a more realistic return date.

Villa are currently four points adrift of the play-off places and Smith admitted last week that Grealish is making good progress after a recent scan.

He said: "He's running now and he's been on the Ultra G treadmill. He's nearly (running with) 100 per cent body weight. He's shown no signs of anything, so hopefully we can get him back as soon as possible."

Villa have 16 games remaining this season, including potentially pivotal matches against all the eight clubs above them in the Championship.

Smith’s team face third-placed Sheffield United at Villa Park on Friday night.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/05/aston-villa-given-boost-jack-grealish-line-make-return-injury/

Bloody hell end of February 😩

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

For his own good, I hope so. He'll be reaching his prime in the next season or two, he can't be wasting his career at this level. He should be playing in the Premier League next season. Hopefully with us, but he can't let sentiment ruin his career.

Personally I don't understand this notion at all. I don't give a **** about Jack Grealish the man and I don't give a **** about Jack Grealish the player.

I only care about Jack Grealish the Aston Villa Player. And I don't think being paid tens of thousands a week playing for your hometown own team constitutes a ruined career, however long he does it. There are a finite and very small number of "honours" to be won and a finite number of "big games" to play in. I'd suggest statistically the vast majority of players, however good they are, win nothing in their career.

We can't let misplaced sentiment affect our employment of a prime asset for as long as we can. If that means him still being here in three years trying to get us out of the Championship into the PL, so be it. I'm comfortable with the former even if I'll be most irked by the latter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

So disappointing that this will almost certainly be his last season at the club and again he's missed months through injury. 

It is ironic how us not keeping him, as a result of probably not being promoted is almost certainly in direct correlation of him being injured at important points during this and LAST season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It is ironic how us not keeping him as a result of probably not being promoted is almost certainly in direct correlation of him being injured at important points during this and LAST season.

Spot on ! Bizarre isn't it.

If his protective boot has been off for a while now and he's been exercising well indoors for a week (maybe longer?) why is it going to take another 3 weeks before he can play at all? Would've thought he'd be due to be training properly imminently and be able to play some part of the West Brom game.

See what comes out from the club not John Percy.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If his protective boot has been off for a while now and he's been exercising well indoors for a week (maybe longer?) why is it going to take another 3 weeks before he can play at all? Would've thought he'd be due to be training properly imminently and be able to play some part of the West Brom game.

See what comes out from the club not John Percy.

Even if he's back with the boto off and it's healed, he'll have to train full contact for a bit first and monitor what happens. If they're saying 3 weeks he's probs not ready for that yet anyway.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If West Brom win tomorrow night then the game is rearranged so hopefully they do and allow Jack further recovery time

Will more than likely be an extra 72 hours with the rearranged game taking place on Tuesday 19th as their cup game is/would be the lunchtime kick-off on saturday

7 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Be great to see the lad back, I just hope it isn't for the rest of this season and he stays longer with us whether it's we go up or stay put.

I think if we don't go up this season we won't see Jack in the Villa shirt again. He stayed with us last season and signed a new contract, thus making sure we get a decent price for him. But I assume the deal was for one more season and if we aren't promoted he leaves this summer. 

What is more worrying is how poor we have looked when he isn't in the side. If/ when he goes in the summer DS is going to have to work out an effective way to play without Grealish in the side. 

He should be on the bench at least against Sheff.

Personally if my job was on the line and he was leaving anyway at the end of the seaons I'd give him a pain killing injection and throw him in.

Just like we did with the goalie in the champions league final...and look how that ended up.

Be a man Smith!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

He should be on the bench at least against Sheff.

Personally if my job was on the line and he was leaving anyway at the end of the seaons I'd give him a pain killing injection and throw him in.

Just like we did with the goalie in the champions league final...and look how that ended up.

Be a man Smith!

This is insane. Be a man? So if Jack's not fit he has to 'be a man' and put him on the bench before he's ready? WTF.

Also, I don't think his job is on the line.

Â