The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Grealish will be fine if the new manager adopts an attacking based style.

Stop playing Hutton & Axel at full back and get Bree, Elmo in there and tell them to get forward whenever possible. We already have good wingers, if we get fullbacks to actually go forward and they have the ability to pass/cross it will create a lot more space in the centre for Jack and it's easier to get the ball to him. He won't have to keep coming deep, under Bruce teams could just play narrow against us as we have no threat out wide.

Get to Jan window still in tact and get a CB and a DM in and we will be sorted. Hourihane/McGinn/Grealish are good players but you can't play all three together. Need someone a bit like what Nigel Reo Coker did for us under MON.

Play at right back?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's really harsh.

This season we've been crap.

But last season Jack played the best football of his career and it was under Bruce.
Bruce built the team around him and it showed.

This season everything went to shit. but let's not rewrite history.

He played better under Sherwood in my opinion, was amazing, hasn’t really kicked on that much, it’s up to him now, how much he really wants it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's really harsh.

This season we've been crap.

But last season Jack played the best football of his career and it was under Bruce.
Bruce built the team around him and it showed.

This season everything went to shit. but let's not rewrite history.

Edi-double post

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He played better under Sherwood in my opinion, was amazing, hasn’t really kicked on that much, it’s up to him now, how much he really wants it

I disagree. 

He had one brilliant game under Sherwood, the fa cup semi vs Liverpool.

He hasn't put a sustained period of form together like he did last year at any other point in his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

That sancho looks as though he's gonna be something special, 6 assists already this season. Only 18 as well! 

He’s class, I saw him at Villa Park a couple of seasons ago, he was the best player on the pitch hands down, he was playing for Man City in the FA Youth Cup

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree. 

He hasn't put a sustained period of form together like he did last year at any other point in his career.

In the Premier League, at the back end of 14/15, he was brilliant under Sherwood in my opinion 

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Maddison and Mount ahead of him now for England recognition. Jack needs to sort himself out. 

Southgate is very reluctant to look outside the PL for England players (He seems to conveniently forget that he ever played for us) Mount gets in because he's only on loan temporarily. Abraham is more likely to get selected when playing for us than Jack for that reason, although should Jack find his form of last season again we will have more grounds to be unhappy with him not getting international recognition.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Need someone a bit like what Nigel Reo Coker did for us under MON.

Yeah, cos we're crying out for someone to give the ball away and run down dead ends!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he is a far more complete player now than he was back then, it was just flashes.

Last season showed ( at this level and hopefully beyond) that he can run games, tackle, pass, do everything.

He was like a younger Dembele last season. Really hope the next manager is one that can get the best out of Jack again and helps him push on to the next level.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John said:

Southgate is very reluctant to look outside the PL for England players (He seems to conveniently forget that he ever played for us) Mount gets in because he's only on loan temporarily. Abraham is more likely to get selected when playing for us than Jack for that reason, although should Jack find his form of last season again we will have more grounds to be unhappy with him not getting international recognition.

Thats a strange assesment of Southgate

Mount gets in because he has been one of the standout players in the Championship this season, and against Man United in the cup was outstanding. I don't think the fact he is temporarily on loan has anything to do with it.

Abraham hasn't been selected so that is just guesswork. I would like to think he will be selected over Welbeck at some point if he starts firing goals in for us, but so far we haven't created enough for him to begin doing that.

Grealish isn't being selected yet because he hasn't been good enough this seasons, he hasn't hit the form he did last season. He wasn't selected for the World Cup because a) he had only been on form for 6-8 months since his injury b) he had never proven himself as an England player before. Grealish now needs to look at Southgate's selections, realise he has the chance to push himself into the England squad ahead of the Euro's and kick on this season, hopefully a new manager setting the team out in an attacking way built around Grealish will help him prove himself.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Thats a strange assesment of Southgate

Mount gets in because he has been one of the standout players in the Championship this season, and against Man United in the cup was outstanding. I don't think the fact he is temporarily on loan has anything to do with it.

Abraham hasn't been selected so that is just guesswork. I would like to think he will be selected over Welbeck at some point if he starts firing goals in for us, but so far we haven't created enough for him to begin doing that.

Grealish isn't being selected yet because he hasn't been good enough this seasons, he hasn't hit the form he did last season. He wasn't selected for the World Cup because a) he had only been on form for 6-8 months since his injury b) he had never proven himself as an England player before. Grealish now needs to look at Southgate's selections, realise he has the chance to push himself into the England squad ahead of the Euro's and kick on this season, hopefully a new manager setting the team out in an attacking way built around Grealish will help him prove himself.

Southgate's problem is that his name is Gareth Southgate and he's from England.

If he was a Portuguese guy called Gario Southgenzio and had got England to a world cup semi final and was picking the squads he was picking, then everyone would be going bananas over him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Southgate's problem is that his name is Gareth Southgate and he's from England.

If he was a Portuguese guy called Gario Southgenzio and had got England to a world cup semi final and was picking the squads he was picking, then everyone would be going bananas over him.

Who would have thought you would have been saying this 8 years ago when we first had dialogue about Grealish? Testament to Grealish himself and the academy that he has come this far, who knows how far he will go? 

On 04/10/2018 at 17:20, Stevo985 said:

I disagree. 

Not suprising really.

I feel when he has a proper manager and coaching team behind him it will work wonders, combined with our form on the pitch and being able to play in his natural position again will also benefit the lad.

Should have got rid in the summer......slows everything down and does the same over and over again.  Beats a couple of players, buys a foul, falls over like he's been poleaxed.  So easy for the opposition to mark and he's now the the 'pantomime villain'!  I really think that our midfield would be better without him at the moment!

Â