The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Impossible for Jack to play well under Bruce.

Come on. That's not true at all. Whilst he will hopefully play better under a manager that plays him in his best position, Jack has to be disappointed in himself for his season so far. He can't blame Bruce for everything. 

If he was anything like the player some of our fans swear blind he is, then he would be able to play to a good standard under ANYONE.

But hopefully, as I say, a new manager will get him firing and we can all forget about his poor start to the season.

I am sure Jack himself knows he needs to do better and I believe he will. Just not to the standard some expect.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Hopefully we can get a manager in that knows how to use him now. Impossible for Jack to play well under Bruce.

Apart from two or three games under other managers scattered across a couple of years, he’s literally ONLY played well under Bruce.

Hope the new manager helps him step up further but let’s not rewrite history.

• Like 4

Jack liked Bruce, that much we know. Jack plays better when he's happy, that much I think is pretty much certain. 

A job that should be near the top* of the new managers to-do list: - Work well will Jack Grealish.

*After, buy three centre halves, a left back and a goalkeeper.

• Like 1

Maybe he should have put some decent performances in rather than doing **** all all season then being upset his gaffer is sacked.

Meanwhile, James Maddison's been picked for the England squad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Maybe he should have put some decent performances in rather than doing **** all all season then being upset his gaffer is sacked.

And as I said previously, James Maddison would have taken that penalty on Tuesday evening too.

• Like 1

Grealish will be fine if the new manager adopts an attacking based style.

Stop playing Hutton & Axel at full back and get Bree, Elmo in there and tell them to get forward whenever possible. We already have good wingers, if we get fullbacks to actually go forward and they have the ability to pass/cross it will create a lot more space in the centre for Jack and it's easier to get the ball to him. He won't have to keep coming deep, under Bruce teams could just play narrow against us as we have no threat out wide.

Get to Jan window still in tact and get a CB and a DM in and we will be sorted. Hourihane/McGinn/Grealish are good players but you can't play all three together. Need someone a bit like what Nigel Reo Coker did for us under MON.

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Well, and James Maddison moved to the Premier League to get into that England squad. I'm still glad Jack didn't,  even if he hasn't been in the best form of his life.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Maddison and Mount ahead of him now for England recognition. Jack needs to sort himself out. 

Adam Reach and Harvey Barnes must be coming up on the rails.....for the best in this league too

Â