The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

60m seems to be a strange figure for his release clause. It’s very unlikely he is ever going to be worth anything near that amount in my opinion.

If he keeps playing the way he is we would be lucky to be offered £15m

18 hours ago, Killeen30 said:

I guess Messi and Ronaldo have the acceleration to get away from a man once beating them and avoid being kicked, most of the time. I think some of the time he is happy to go down for a free kick. Now I’m not calling him a diver because as you say he is fouled many many times in any one game. Sometimes going down and getting the free is the easier option.

Most of his game, especially this season, seems to be getting into a decent position and buying a free kick. He very rarely gets kicked from pillar to post like some claim, he knows exactly what he's doing when he's "fouled" 90% of the time. It's like his default fall back position, can't see a pass, get a free kick and move on. It's lazy and better players will stick with the old fashioned pass and move until that killer pass is actually on 

He needs to do more, he's at his best when he's actually beating players snd picking out passes, constantly going down and punching the ground in agony before jumping up 20 seconds later is only going to get him a reputation that you really don't want in this division, because refs will start assuming you're faking it every time you go down. 

I like Jack, but he's not the finished article yet, he needs to be building on last seasons form and improving, he's not doing that at the minute 

He has created the joint 2nd most amount of chances in league this season with 20 tied with Norwood and behind Mount and Evans from Wigan. McGinn has created 16. Samuel Saiz doesnt even make the top 10.

Jack has also been fouled on average 4.7 times a game. the 2nd most is 3.2 fouls a game

Apparently Southgate is looking at adding him to the next England squad, regardless of it being the truth or not I'd be interested to see how he goes in a formation that suits his style with players far better than we have at Villa, would be another kick in Bruce's tooth if he has a blinder! 

• Like 1

I thought he played well on Saturday. Tried to make things happen. He really needs to start hitting the target when he's picking up the ball on the edge of the area. Had a couple of good opportunities on Saturday which he's more than capable of scoring. 

We looked much better when we went to 451 with Kodjia left and Jack in the middle. I hate 442 it doesn't suit us at all but so many people clamour for it before every game I can't figure it out, it's like some people think 2 strikers = attacking, 1 striker = defensive which is just not the case but IF we're going to play 442 I don't see where Jack fits into the team 

• Like 1

OS Story:

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce Jack Grealish has signed a new five-year contract.

The 23-year-old’s new deal will see him remain at Villa Park until 2023.

Jack has been with his boyhood club since eight-years-old and made his claret and blue debut at the end of the 2013/14 season before developing into one of the most exciting young players in the country.

Christian Purslow, CEO, said: “Securing the long-term future of Jack, a player we believe will play a pivotal role in leading Aston Villa back to where it belongs, is fantastic news for everybody associated with our football club.

“He is a tremendous talent who has been with us since he was a child and naturally we are delighted that he has now committed the next five years of his career to Aston Villa.”

Bound to have a minimum fee clause but hopefully Jack will kick off proper this season now.

• Like 2

It has to be good news. Even if there is a release clause I'm sure it won't be a joke amount like the Delph one. 

Jack has had a poor start to the season, but he is still the most gifted player to come through the Villa academy is quite a while and should be rewarded. 

We now need a manager who can get the most out of this talented bunch! 

Â