The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the back heel for the elmo cross was so well disguised he sold 2 defenders for a hot dog buying elmo the time he needed for the cross

so yeah instrumental...

and going back to the last page, see a fair bit on social media polls about saiz being better than grealish, 1 of them spent the summer being linked with a £8m move to getafe, the other a £25m move to spurs but yeah it must be a villa fan or young english player thing 

And Valencia were after Saiz to. 

On the valuations what we turned down a bid of about  £10mil for Saiz. 

You wanted £30-40mil for Grealish allegedly.

3 or 4 times the player Saiz is? Not a chance. 

English player valuations are ridiculous.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smg said:

‘Sold 2 defenders for a hot dog’ must be pro talk can’t argue with that .

well how do you describe it then?

2 players pull out of position to close him down and he cleverly disguises a back heel to elmo for him to cross

if its not jack then 2 players dont rush out to him, if he doesnt back heel it then elmo cant cross

how is it not instrumental? 

8 hours ago, smg said:

At what point does instrumental start ?

Normally, the intro to a song is instrumental and then at some point in the middle, you may have a guitar solo or similar. Or there is also a possibilty that the full song will be instrumental.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Normally, the intro to a song is instrumental and then at some point in the middle, you may have a guitar solo or similar. Or there is also a possibilty that the full song will be instrumental.

Especially if Mike Oldfield is involved.

One of his biggest critics and thought he was anonymous & generally poor for much of the game, especially in the first half but even i will give him full credit for his part in the immediate build up to both goals. Nice simple pass for the first one and some quick thinking from a throw-in (something we are usually completely crap at) allowed the cross for the second. Even though the official stats show 0 assists i would put a little * by this game

Edited by LakotaDakota

Any other club he would be shit or quickly become shit. At villa he is the main man he doesn't even have to track back unless he wants to.

If he had gone to tottingham he'd be breathing out of his ringpiece after 7 mins of pocachino pressing. He'd end up a boring play it square cautious midfielder like jordan henderson or micheal carrick. who were both exciting players before their big transfers. In fact I just watched a montage on youtube of henderson when he was at sunderland and he amazed me with his dribbling. these days he'd spin 180 to look for an easy 5 yard square ball pass.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:09, Keyblade said:

I think he's been head and shoulders above everyone in our team this season except for maybe McGinn...and he's only about 70-80% the level he was at last season. 

Apart from Neves, he's the best player this division has ever seen and I think it's kind of weird and sad that our own fans underrate him so much. 

Gareth Bale says hi.

On 20/09/2018 at 08:18, villalad21 said:

Doesn't get enough goals/assist to be picked up by a bigger club.

A big club will look at his goal point stats, and it's not amazing.

Thats how Aston Villa sign players. I am sure well run clubs sent scouts and monitor players

• Like 2

On 20/09/2018 at 00:50, Cjay said:

And Valencia were after Saiz to. 

On the valuations what we turned down a bid of about  £10mil for Saiz. 

You wanted £30-40mil for Grealish allegedly.

3 or 4 times the player Saiz is? Not a chance. 

English player valuations are ridiculous.

I don't need to point out again that "valuations" are not always just down to the face value of the player.

Grealish represents more than just "a player" for Aston Villa and I don't think I need to go into the reason because you must already know.

Home grown, bright future, morale and timing all played a role.

Â