The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah I guess you're right then mate.

Silly us! We must all be wrong watching him week in week out.

He's just "good".

Are there any other players we're wrong about? I'd like to know so we don't get too excited. 

Alan Hutton is a bit poo. 

Edited by Cjay
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's really difficult to find players to compare Grealish too - he's not an Iniesta style midfield metronome dominating through rhythm and short passing, he's not a Bale-type athlete, he's not a winger in any real sense. 

I find that the only players I think remind me of him, or that he reminds me of tend to sound ridiculous as comparisons. There's something very rare in the way he plays the game, the style of his movement. I think Grealish is  a fabulous player - but he's not a patch on the only player I've seen that I ever really think he reminds me of, a fella called Johan something or other.

The closest in style (but currently a much a better player) is Eden Hazard, I think.

Also, Chelsea have struggled to work out to how to fit him in their side over the years - where best to play him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He needs to be allowed a free roaming role behind the front 2 to pull the strings, make things happen and run at defences getting us vital free kicks on occasions.

This has not been happening of late as he is stuck further back in midfield.

Yes and he needs other players to create problems for the opposition. There’s only a handful of players who can play how he does when the opposition put three men on you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yes and he needs other players to create problems for the opposition. There’s only a handful of players who can play how he does when the opposition put three men on you.

the bamboozling opposition tactic of letting glenn whelan have the ball in his own half so that the free man can drop deeper to double up on jack

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Ssh you can't say that here. I mentioned it last month and no one really wants to talk about Hutton being quite mediocre to poor this season

Just this season? ...I'll save it for the Hutton thread.

As for Grealish I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in January. The only way we'll keep him is if we are in the top 4 and charging towards promotion. 

Some good link up play with him, Abraham, Kodj and even hutton. He was acting like a captain at times, gave El Ghazi and Elmo both a bollucking for losing possession around the box. 

Cant believe he dummied that ball for Conor, it was there too be hit.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cjay said:

Alan Hutton is a bit poo. 

Really?

He is one of, if not the best left back in this league.

He is not as effective at rightback but down the left, he's found a new lease of life.

Back on topic, Jack played not bad tonight but he is starting to look frustrated at times during games.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Really?

He is one of, if not the best left back in this league.

He is not as effective at rightback but down the left, he's found a new lease of life.

Back on topic, Jack played not bad tonight but he is starting to look frustrated at times during games.

The best left back in the league he is not...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Wasted out on the left, needs to be played through the middle to influence games.

That may be, but when he's played in the middle under our usual formation he picks the ball up too deep, he may have more possession but when he's on the left he seems to be more involved in the attacking third, last night's first goal was a shining example of this. It's a strange old problem but I prefer him on the left in an attacking sense.

I wouldn't worry though, he'll be playing centre half on Saturday I've no doubt.

Â