The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Let's not start using Jack as the scapegoat ffs, there's far more urgent matters we need to address than having (an injured) Jack be invisible for 45 minutes.

Apologies, I thought this was a thread for discussing Jack Grealish...

6 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

Nobody is giving him any blame in anything, some  of us just think he actually doesn't really do much in this team. 

I would genuinely start Hourihane next game attacking midfield, he's so much more of a threat around the edge of the area, it's alright grealish picking it up deep and running past 5 blokes but when he's just passing it out wide to adomah at the end of it it's all a bit pointless. 

ok so he's not to blame but he doesn't  do much.  That's not only illogical it's just patently untrue.  In fact it's so clearly wrong I'm calling you out as a spurs fan trying to unsettle the best player we've had since 1982 so Spurs can Hoover him up in Jan window.

• Like 1

It's obvious we are all (including me) still a bit dizzy about him agreeing to stay with us and not forcing a move to Spurs. But in reality to me, he needs to do much more. A couple of flash moves and passes ain't really gonna cut it, (see Hazard for example). An he's not as good as Deli cause he don't score goals. Yes he makes a difference no one is doubting that, but I can not say this season so far he has put in a full shift, but I agree its early days.

Edited by foreveryoung

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Best player since 1982? ?

That's before my time but I'd rate him among Milner, Young, Benteke and Delph.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's obvious we are all (including me) still a bit dizzy about him agreeing to stay with us and not forcing a move to Spurs. But in reality to me, he needs to do much more. A couple of flash moves and passes ain't really gonna cut it, (see Hazard for example). An he's not as good as Deli cause he don't score goals. Yes he makes a difference no one is doubting that, but I can not say this season so far he has put in a full shift, but I agree its early days.

Assisted against Hull and was a constant threat against Wigan and Brentford, displaying the kind of standards I've come to expect of him.

15 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

That's before my time but I'd rate him among Milner, Young, Benteke and Delph.

No way, not yet. All those players were regulars in their national sides. He could be one day. Don’t forget a certain Dwight Yorke either. Laursen, Mellberg, Bosnich a few more names.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Grealish obviously is a quality player but would he be more effective if we played two strikers rather than one?

Trouble is if we play with 2 strikers we can't really fit Grealish in the team. What formation would we play? We couldn't play Grealish as part of a central midfield 2 I don't think.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

No way, not yet. All those players were regulars in their national sides. He could be one day. Don’t forget a certain Dwight Yorke either. Laursen, Mellberg, Bosnich a few more names.

Not yet, no. On the cusp of though. All of those players sealed moves to top 4 sides, something that fortunately didn't transpire for Grealish.

I have little doubt that if Grealish emulates his form from the championship in the Premier League, he will displace someone in the England setup.

Ox, Wilshere, Lallana, Livermore to name a few possible candidates.

The only 3 players to go to the WC 2018 for England from clubs outside the top 4 were the 3 goalkeepers. Grealish never stood a chance playing for Villa.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

ok so he's not to blame but he doesn't  do much.  That's not only illogical it's just patently untrue.  In fact it's so clearly wrong I'm calling you out as a spurs fan trying to unsettle the best player we've had since 1982 so Spurs can Hoover him up in Jan window.

It's not illogical in the slightest bit, he doesn't do enough but that doesn't mean I blame him for these performances, why do people take criticism of grealish so personally? 

And as for best player since 1982 just refer to my previous post about how so many people overrate him unnecessarily. 

• Like 2

Is this thread for real? 

5 hours ago, Genie said:

He's easily better than anything we've produced in the last 30 years and arguably better than anything we've signed in the last 20. If Jack played for <insert SKY 6 club> he'd be an international regular and thus satisfy your moot point.

Yorke, Laursen, Mellberg and Bosnich all played for tin pot national teams though, I don't get what your point is. 

• Haha 1

Could be interesting with a central trio of McGinn-Birkir-Connor. With  Grealish pushed up to left wing forming an attacking trio with Kodjia  and El Ghazi.  Grealish and Ghazi drifting in and/or swapping positions if need be. All three with the ability to take on players and get past defenders. McGinn and Connor offering a threat from outside the box, but also with the ability to pick out any of the front three players with a pass, and to bring the ball from midfield and into the attacking 3rd. 

Swap Birkir with Jedinak or Wheelan depending on what we're up against.  

Would allow us a back 4 with hutton - chester - tunzabe - elmo.

8 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Yorke, Laursen, Mellberg and Bosnich all played for tin pot national teams though, I don't get what your point is. 

Are you suggesting that England aren't a "tin pot" national side?!

• Haha 2

I think part of the problem with people appraising Grealish is that we seem to be expecting goals and/or assists from him in every single game.  Maybe he's been far too overhyped and those doubting him or saying he "doesn't do much" have bought in to it and expect an incredible return at the top end of the pitch.

What he is, is our best player by some distance.  That doesn't mean he won't have off games or games where he does a lot of work in the middle of the park, but he is completely crucial to anything we do this season.  It's encouraging to see that, in McGinn, we have a player who looks well suited playing alongside Grealish and who, I think, will be able to build up a good understanding with him.

I have no idea how people don't rate him.  He's comfortably Premier League quality and would be well suited at a top half side.  Let's enjoy him whilst he's here.

• Like 2

Grealish is a player who does is bit all over the field, he works everywhere he can, is always up and down the pitch, Jack is invaluable in my eyes the kind of player every team would wish for.

It has been along time since we have had a player like Jack, Jack certainly is a guy who raises morale for a start just by being in the team. Jack always puts his bit in and other players feel motivated more when he is in the team and I do not know how other people can not see that.

Sure jack does not score many goals, it's ok too, a player of Jacks standing plays and it's alot of others who feed off of Jack. Ill put it In Gaming mmorpg terms. We have an mmo team going in for a raid, you have your attackers, healers, buffers/debuffers, tanks, jack is like a buffer/debuffer who raises the defence, attack, supports the battlefield by aiding with his abilities or getting to the opponent so they can not work to there full potential. This way when Jack his aiding the defence, he's raising that defence by being around, adding extra support so the team stays alive more or in this case (stop so many goals) but when he is up there attacking he isn't getting as many kills but he is helping to get those kills coming in or in footballs case (assists or being a headache to the opposition). Maybe you understand that or don't, I do as I wrote it, but basically Jack is a player who is far more valuable doing what he is doing, by aiding his fellow players, than just scoring goals. If you can not see Jacks use then God help you, some of you think if a player isn't scoring then they are a problem, some players just are not goal scorers as much as others, yet they contribute all the same in other ways.

Edited by Dave-R

On 26/08/2018 at 20:37, holteend1982 said:

It's not illogical in the slightest bit, he doesn't do enough but that doesn't mean I blame him for these performances, why do people take criticism of grealish so personally? 

And as for best player since 1982 just refer to my previous post about how so many people overrate him unnecessarily. 

You know you do have to take into account how much the opposition gets frustrated with Grealish, he does not throw himself on the floor.

They are targeting Jack for specific reasons, he gets to them, does there heads in, creates unrest and is a clear migraine that just doesn't go away.

They are without a doubt every game, trying to take Jack out of the game and it isn't because he isn't doing enough that is causing teams to make him there bullseye, it's because he is the man on that field every game. The other teams know full well if they give jack any space he will score or completely pull a team to bits, he has the ability to be a pain all over that pitch and they do not like it one bit and will do anything to take Jack Grealish out of the game.

It just so happens that we now have a second player they are targeting, who is Mcginn, he is another headache for teams.

You have noticed how many players are getting booked per game rite, you can pretty much guarantee that there are a couple of bookings against Villa and it's because we have a couple of players who cause other teams severe anxiety. 

Grealish and Mcginn I have took to calling the terrible twins, it's been a long time since I've seen a pair cause so much unrest between sides and it's all because of how good they are.

Edited by Dave-R

Â