The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought we looked a little more direct when Hourihane came on....but he has his shortfalls too.

Too many of our attacks just break down through pithering....we don't disrupt the oppositions defence via anything......pace ,intelligence......players just seem to be waiting around (at a bus stop) for the perfect pass, theres' no intelligent movement to hurt the opposition.

• Like 3

The fact that we looked slightly better at the start of the swcond half was probably/hopefully down to Bruce giving them a rocket up their arse at half time as there seemed to be a bit mire urgency. 

Grealish is our best player by quite some considerable distance, i think it's incredibly simplistic to suggest we look better without him based on yesterday.

34 minutes ago, av1 said:

The fact that we looked slightly better at the start of the swcond half was probably/hopefully down to Bruce giving them a rocket up their arse at half time as there seemed to be a bit mire urgency. 

Grealish is our best player by quite some considerable distance, i think it's incredibly simplistic to suggest we look better without him based on yesterday.

We win more without him, we play better without him, its pretty much fact. Too much of a luxury player, at the minute we just need an attacking midfielder who can score and assist. 

Don't know what people are talking about. He's picked up from where he left off last season. My only criticism would be that he's taken too many touches around the box instead of shooting.

Still going passed defenders, threatening goal and passing with precision weight.

Like the comments surrounding Kodjia's form I think they are unfounded and we will see Grealish on the score-sheet alongside Kodjia soon enough.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

We win more without him, we play better without him, its pretty much fact. Too much of a luxury player, at the minute we just need an attacking midfielder who can score and assist. 

We went on a 7 game winning run when he hit form last season.

I can't believe this is coming from our own fans. Sounds like something Spurs fans were saying in the summer.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We went on a 7 game winning run when he hit form last season.

I can't believe this is coming from our own fans. Sounds like something Spurs fans were saying in the summer.

I have to admit this is the last thing I thought I’d see considering the issues at the back. 

Just goes to show no player is safe from criticism when we’re not winning games. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this actually true?

Statistically speaking, apparently it is.

Last season we scored more and had a higher win ratio without Grealish in the team, according to stats posted earlier in the thread (I forget by who, sorry).

I would hope that anyone looking at those two important facets of assessing a teams success is aware that there is a myriad of factors that make up any given performance.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I thought we looked a little more direct when Hourihane came on....but he has his shortfalls too.

Too many of our attacks just break down through pithering....we don't disrupt the oppositions defence via anything......pace ,intelligence......players just seem to be waiting around (at a bus stop) for the perfect pass, theres' no intelligent movement to hurt the opposition.

In other words the coaching is rubbish. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Statistically speaking, apparently it is.

Last season we scored more and had a higher win ratio without Grealish in the team, according to stats posted earlier in the thread (I forget by who, sorry).

I would hope that anyone looking at those two important facets of assessing a teams success is aware that there is a myriad of factors that make up any given performance.

I find that surprising. It must be tight. Also don’t think it’s fair to count his first few games when coming back in to fitness. That includes the win at Boro. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

In other words the coaching is rubbish. 

Well Dave, Its becoming more and more difficult by the game to defend it.

There are little tell tale signs that suggest you could be right, by no movement at throw ins and the daft thing about no outlet player upfield when defending corners.

I am not privvy to what goes on at BMH to be sure.....but judging by the play, you would be forgiven for thinking that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find that surprising. It must be tight. Also don’t think it’s fair to count his first few games when coming back in to fitness. That includes the win at Boro. 

So do I. Admittedly I haven't checked the stats accuracy myself but I'll take them at face value.

It really doesn't mean as much as it seems to suggest and there is a lot that it doesn't take in to consideration.

Â