The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

His release clause should be nowhere near 25 million. If he keeps improving the way he is there will be a bidding war come the end of the season should we not go up. IMO there shouldn't be a figure written into the contract, only a private assurance that they won't stand in his way and won't be unreasonable. That way if he improves enough to call the attention of the biggest clubs they'd be more likely to splash out millions more to get their man.

Agreed, he’s only going to continue to improve and is a unique talent.

The stats thing to me is bullshit and just a judgement from people that dont watch the game. He doesnt get the assists but he is usually the guy feeding the assister

David Silva if ever watch City is nearly always involved in the goals but is only credited with about 10 assists a season 

• Like 2

let me guess its pages of fans from other teams complaining that he's a diver with shit hair and needs to pull his socks up?

edit: i had a look, as expected :lol: 2nd comment

Can't stand the kid. I think it's the hair. He's better now but he always used to strike me as a real prima donna. The hair and the low socks

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

I really only see any new contract as protecting our investment. He will eventually go, but let’s enjoy him being at The Villa whilst we have him!

Mmmm, I think plan A should still be, get promoted keep him as a key player and get into europe with captain jack the villa talisman terrorizing european defences for years to come as we cement our place at footballs top table. :D

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Mmmm, I think plan A should still be, get promoted keep him as a key player and get into europe with captain jack the villa talisman terrorizing european defences for years to come as we cement our place at footballs top table. :D

Yes I agree, even if you are getting very much ahead of yourself haha! Even if we are promoted this season European qualification is seasons off, as if Jack is as good as most of us think he’ll not be here ‘seasons’ down the line. It’s a short career.

on the contract - if he does sign something, doubling his wages making him the highest paid player at the club and including a non promotion clause after we've spent a summer of him being linked who spurs who didnt make a realistic bid....if our marketing department splashes the word "loyalty" everywhere i'll be fuming, its not loyalty 

im looking at the palace / zaha stuff and i find it laughable, same with the previous terry, lampard, gerrard, rooney stuff, it really grinds my gears when a player stays at a club purely because 2 clubs couldnt agree a figure, he gets a bumper deal and then they try and they try and mug the fans off with "loyalty" 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

on the contract - if he does sign something, doubling his wages making him the highest paid player at the club and including a non promotion clause after we've spent a summer of him being linked who spurs who didnt make a realistic bid....if our marketing department splashes the word "loyalty" everywhere i'll be fuming, its not loyalty 

im looking at the palace / zaha stuff and i find it laughable, same with the previous terry, lampard, gerrard, rooney stuff, it really grinds my gears when a player stays at a club purely because 2 clubs couldnt agree a figure, he gets a bumper deal and then they try and they try and mug the fans off with "loyalty" 

:lol: Just as bad is if two clubs do agree a fee and the player hasn't actually submitted a written transfer request to instigate the move, then he'll potentially qualify for a "loyalty bonus" from the club he's leaving.

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

let me guess its pages of fans from other teams complaining that he's a diver with shit hair and needs to pull his socks up?

edit: i had a look, as expected :lol: 2nd comment

Bless them. The only time they will witness such a talented player at their club is when he arrives off our team bus at about 1pm today. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

If we actually kept our best players of recent (by this I am not implying we always had the capacity to) we would not be that far off European placing right now.

Gueye Delph

Albrighton Grealish Young

Benteke

Grealish will be an integral part of any success this club will see in the near future. I believe this club can have the capacity to be among Europe's elite. It's a matter of leadership and loyalty, severely lacking at the club for what nearly became a decade.

It's a long way back to European football for us, thankfully we have a player like Grealish on side. That's not a bad start. The fact that he is a supporter too is special.

On 18/08/2018 at 10:26, Killeen30 said:

I really only see any new contract as protecting our investment. He will eventually go, but let’s enjoy him being at The Villa whilst we have him!

While thats true if the owners are as good as they sound. We should be back in top flight soon and he might stay

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not exactly running games in the way he should be so far.

He actually played well enough Saturday in my view but the problem is now he’s our only threat.....although of course McGinn is emerging as one as well.

Its too easy for the opposition. At his best last season he had company in Snodgrass, CH, and an in form Albert. That spread the load for both us and the opposition.

We need 4 creative players, not 2, in my view.

• Like 1

Â