The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone think Jack could be holding out for takeover news?

It's the hope (however ridiculous) that kills you...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Anything think that Jack is not going anywhere.  :thumb:

Just can't see it. Especially with what Bruce has said. There's no way Bruce has said we have to sell Jack and then he doesn't go.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just can't see it. Especially with what Bruce has said. There's no way Bruce has said we have to sell Jack and then he doesn't go.

It's the old ropey dopey - sends us one way only to swing the other  - it's all a cunning plan by Bruce to make us love him. 

• Like 2

Is there anything other than press talk? The general consensus seems to be that he's imminently signing for Spuds for 2 weeks now. 

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone think Jack could be holding out for takeover news?

A takeover doesn't make any difference from what I have read. The books don't balance and someone can't just pump 50 million to make everything okay again, that's what Chelsea/City did and why FFP was introduced. No matter what we still need to raise about 30-40m from inside the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

A takeover doesn't make any difference from what I have read. The books don't balance and someone can't just pump 50 million to make everything okay again, that's what Chelsea/City did and why FFP was introduced. No matter what we still need to raise about 30-40m from inside the club.

This. It literally doesn't matter how wealthy our owner is at this point, we have to balance the books to comply. 

I think Levy is playing the waiting game. Nobody else has apparently come in for him and he's in no rush to part with any money. He knows our owner is desperate for cash. The price has probably already been cut from the original quote of £40m to £30m and is likely now down to £20m or slightly less. Levy will continue to string us along until we are forced to accept the paltry £15m he originally wanted to pay or possibly even less. He's just looking to take full advantage of our predicament and will be laughing at our plight as he does so I suspect.:(

I’m hoping that firstly Jack want some to give us one more year. I wouldnt blame him either way my other hope is selling Jack is the last resort. Hopefully we’ve a target to meet by deadline day regarding income and if we sell enough fringe players we can afford to keep him. 

Â