The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I’m privy to ITK info on this saga. I’m not going to reveal how or why but it’s legit. I’ll say after the deal. 

He’s going Spurs few will be about £20m he’s already agreed personal terms. We appear to want to cash in, fee is the sticking point. 

I’m devastated by it frankly, absolutely sickening again. I love this club but hate it at the same time, this malaise goes back 20 years now it started with Yorke. The likes of Cahil, Milner, Barry, Young & now Jack. Always selling out best players, from champions of Europe to a selling club it’s truly pathetic and some previous regimes have a lot to answer for. 

Weve been let down continually by poor management and incompetence & cowardice at boardroom level. Spurs are a similar sized club to us, they’re streets ahead now though because for ten years they’ve been a well run club. 

Hes gone this summer lads, I wish it wasn’t so but harden your hearts over it. A truly class player and potentially the most talented we’ll let go. Absolutely scandalous again from this club I’m so angry about it. We deserve so much better as a fan base

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's agreed terms...before a fee has been settled? That seems a bit arse about face doesn't it?

Modern football it’s always that way now. They sound out players via their agents and once it’s agreed they then discuss fees with parent clubs. 

If we had gone up this wouldn’t have happened 

I think we need to close this one and move on. We need the money, but just as much we need to plan for next season. And closing a deal early will make it easier.

He's not going to stay, we can't afford him to stay either. The only question still open is how much cash we will get. It's sad, but there will be other players in the future. It's not the end of the world.

Tbf, a couple of my mates were out in Marbella a few weeks back and Grealish was there. All the talk was he was off to Spurs.

Xia has to be very careful what he does with this. If the fee is anything less than 30m, he will piss a lot of fans off (if we could be more pissed off). If Sam Clucas is worth 17m, Maddison 25m, then Jack is worth at least 30m.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If he is sold for 20m then about half a dozen staff need to be fired immediately.

Agreed he’s 25 plus add ons at least I reckon. Levy is a hard nosed businessman though so I expect he’ll strike a good deal. Ironically Levy is exactly what we need at the Villa, it’s past sporting men now, you need businessmen managing finances & player wages / contracts. 

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm very skeptical of 'ITK' information but if this does turn out to be true this club is a joke.

It’s not bs mate, I’m skeptics of ITK generally but this one is legit. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tbf, a couple of my mates were out in Marbella a few weeks back and Grealish was there. All the talk was he was off to Spurs.

Xia has to be very careful what he does with this. If the fee is anything less than 30m, he will piss a lot of fans off (if we could be more pissed off). If Sam Clucas is worth 17m, Maddison 25m, then Jack is worth at least 30m.

Leicester were in for him but he prefers Spurs hence they switched to Maddison 

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Modern football it’s always that way now. They sound out players via their agents and once it’s agreed they then discuss fees with parent clubs. 

If we had gone up this wouldn’t have happened 

That's called 'tapping up' and breaks the rules. All well and good agreeing terms but if their fee falls radically short of our valuation he ain't going anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

I get the glamour of a move to spurs - but if I were JG I would be worried about game time. 

theyll be fighting on four fronts for the majority of the season so I imagine there will be plenty of opportunity for game time.

I reckon for Jack it is the perfect time to leave. He gets to go to a really good ambitious club, with a much enhanced contract yet can steer the narrative that he had to go for the good of Villa. Remains a fan favourite and keeps the door open for a return in the future

32 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Spurs would be absolutely perfect for him.

Perfect if he want's to sit on a bench with a ringside view of Premier League football, yes.

• Like 1

Â