The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, dounavilla said:

Was decent in his last apearance at Wembley, just saying.

Did he miss the thrashing by Le Arse then I have put the game out my memory!?

On 21/04/2018 at 15:02, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're overvaluing him based on that article, not that I'm bothered, but £40m is close to what Liverpool paid for Salah LOL

It's pretty much par for the course isn't it?

If we were actually going to sell him, then in reality it wouldn't be £40m

But this is what managers do. They overvalue their players as a way of telling other clubs to piss off. 

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Did he miss the thrashing by Le Arse then I have put the game out my memory!?

Haha I seem to have done that as well because I didn't even think of the final ! 

Damm you for reminding me !!

• Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 16:02, Dr_Pangloss said:

We're overvaluing him based on that article, not that I'm bothered, but £40m is close to what Liverpool paid for Salah LOL

But was Salah as good as he is now at the time they bought him? Could Liverpool have known he was going to turn out as well as he did?  I think not.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

But was Salah as good as he is now at the time they bought him? Could Liverpool have known he was going to turn out as well as he did?  I think not.

Liverpool might not have expected him to be quite so amazing, but he did plenty with Roma to get noticed by anyone. 

On 21/04/2018 at 11:13, sne said:

Probably the right time for Grealish to move in the summer. Another season of lower league football won't really help develop him much.

Obviously he'll need to play somewhere he get's enough game time, but you also develop a lot by training with better players under better coaches.

Hopefully he'll get all this with us in the PL next season.

But I would not fault him if he did move on.

If we do stay down, given how much of this season he missed, a full season as the focal point of the team in this league would be better than bench-warming in the PL.  Don't see he'd get much benefit from joining a bottom half team (where he'd be likely to play regularly) over staying with us TBH.  Think where he and we would be if he'd been fit all season - pretty sure we'd be up and his value would be double.  Worth it all round to give it another year IMO.

On 23/04/2018 at 17:51, LxYoungAVFC said:

Salah was already very highly rated which is why he had already played for Chelsea. Didn't really get a chance there. Jose blundered moving him on too soon. 

I agree nobody expected him to turn out as good as he has but he was hardly an unknown. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â