The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

His corners were utter bobbins today and he suffered the same as all our players in his attempts at crossing it. As in hit the first man or was away from goal rather than towards goal.

We need samba near post on the goal line in front of the keeper and hitting the ball there every corner. 

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He has to be starting for me now as every time he has come off the bench the last few weeks he has made a positive impact and made things happen for us.

He has not just impressed in an attacking/creative sense but also in getting stuck in, putting tackles in and chasing back. I think he could quite comfortably play at the head of a midfield three and that is where I would play him as you waste him out wide and risk him not being in the game.

If him playing means Onomah missing out or being moved to accommodate him then so be it. 

How can Bruce not see this? 

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am sure he can. In fairness Grealish is 3 or 4 weeks back from having had a pretty serious injury so it may just be a case of having eased him back in slowly. I think he is ready to start now though and be confident he could last at least 60-70 minutes.

I think he'll start the next game.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I am sure he can. In fairness Grealish is 3 or 4 weeks back from having had a pretty serious injury so it may just be a case of having eased him back in slowly. I think he is ready to start now though and be confident he could last at least 60-70 minutes.

I think he'll start the next game.

That is probably part of the reason, but a bit strange that Lansbury is starting straight after coming back from injury.

19 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He has to be starting for me now as every time he has come off the bench the last few weeks he has made a positive impact and made things happen for us.

He has not just impressed in an attacking/creative sense but also in getting stuck in, putting tackles in and chasing back. I think he could quite comfortably play at the head of a midfield three and that is where I would play him as you waste him out wide and risk him not being in the game.

If him playing means Onomah missing out or being moved to accommodate him then so be it. 

Absolutely. Looks so positive every time he comes on. I've always thought Bruce doesn't think he's "physical" enough. Games at home against teams like Milwall are games Jack should be playing. Hoping I get proved wrong over the next few games.

Edited by PieFacE

A couple of good cameos after being out for a decent time with a nasty rib injury. I think he should start next game, but I just hope we don't end up with the old Jack who flatters to deceive. Someone of his ability, should have shown more in the game he has played over the last few seasons. It is easier to come on as a sub and look good when the team isn't performing well, but to do it for 90 minutes, Jack hasn't shown this very often.

I still have high hopes for him and I hope he starts to show it because he could be a difference maker for the remainder of the season if he can.

23 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree with you, Mark, that Grealish deserves to start now, and probably in place of Onomah (I thought Bruce would have done that yesterday) but, when Grealish gets the shirt he needs to make sure he keeps it. None of that show-pony crap that we have seen for the last couple of seasons - he needs to deliver consistently good performances now and show everyone that he is the real deal. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Jack's had a major injury and is being rightly eased back in.

There's been no real need to rush him back in.

He'll be starting games very soon, imo.

• Like 1

Jack is one of our more talented players when he is on the ball, he threads passes, he can see opportunities, so can O'Hare

We have a young lad seemingly having a difficult time right now on his own and it also seems to me holding up the ball is as much as he can cope with at present.

We have a major forward crisis......we need players up front to move intelligently to get the best out of the work of these two, so i am not sure, if playing them is the right move, cameo's maybe.

i don't see where we are going, while we have this situation.

5 hours ago, villarocker said:

But, he got lucky with having to rely on Davis and now he sets the team up around him!

And as an observation as opposed to criticism.....He is having a much harder time with it as each game passes.

He is taking one for the team at present....its hard for him.

16 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I agree with Bruce in slowly putting Grealish back into the team. What do people want- have him start every game and then get injured again? He will have a big role to play this season and by the end of the month I expect him to be starting with so many fixtures coming up.

Hopefully he can start the ball rolling with his presence in the team and we dynamically change in moving forward once he is back. 

I agree he is going to come in very handy in the next few weeks.

Â