The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Only messing Kevan, let's hope Jack improves like we're all anticipating he does.

Keep us informed of any goings-on! (although I'm sure sgc will beat you to it!)

He's a great talent but no doubt some fans will see this as his brother being a bit biased, is the scholarship for next year? will he get it a year early? I agree with all that you said, he's sponsored by nike aswell, isn't he?
wow okay gary cahill you seem to know as much as me.lmao. Mind if I ask who you are? And I thought id get one reply I in away from my phone two minutes and this manz replys lmao. No I understand what you all saying I can see what you mean and to be fair I could be being biased. But I think im being reasonable. And no he will not get scholar year earlier but yes nike have been informed.

:D I just have good contacts in the academy, why won't he get a scholarship a year early? I find that strange, he's easily good enough, the big 4 do it with their kids all the time

I wish young Jack all the best, because the way forward for Villa is by developing more of our own young talent imo.

Being a star now is only the beginning, it's what happens in the next six years that will make or break JG.

A little story. I run a six a side team that has eight very good players including three of my sons. My 25 yr old son has challenged my 21 yr old son to an eleven a side match on august 7th as a pre season warm up and I had to chuckle when I saw the team sheets last night.

MY 25 yr old has 2 ex west brom players, 1 ex wolves, and 1 cheltenham town player, and he's thinking of adding Phil Green an ex Villa player to his list. Now anyone who watched Villa reserves in 2006/7 will know that Phil was a useful player, but never made that step up. Guess which team is favourite to win in my opinion.

It's not my 25 yr old's teams of ex's, it's my 21 yr old's team of extremely talented university students who have loads of talent but also the common sense to know that only a tiny percentage of young players ever make money playing football.

Jack sound's like he might be one of those that make it, but I will be watching a lot of cracking footballers on August 7th who all have very similar talents, playing for the sheer competitive fun of it.

If you're reading this Jack make sure you never give anyone the chance to call you an ex Villa hopeful, that will take 100% dedication. All the best for the future, I look forward to seeing you in the first team one day.

Ahha you better be ;). Nah I joke too. Gary how often you down bodymoore? You work there? And I never knew you could get year early than everyone else. Hmm... And we do not know yet my grandad defo wants ireland and we wouldnt mind him becoming an irish legend haha. But nah idk. If wants to play for england and if given the chance it defo looks like england is the one. And yeah guys ill keep you informed if gary dont lmao.

I don't think anyone is doubting this guys talents, it's just that it's more common that a young talent doesn't make it in the end. But it's still good to hear that we've some very good prospects in our youth teams and I really hope this guy makes it. I'ts very much down to himself to stay focused and work hard. And hope to stay free from injuries.

Ahha you better be ;). Nah I joke too. Gary how often you down bodymoore? You work there? And I never knew you could get year early than everyone else. Hmm... And we do not know yet my grandad defo wants ireland and we wouldnt mind him becoming an irish legend haha. But nah idk. If wants to play for england and if given the chance it defo looks like england is the one. And yeah guys ill keep you informed if gary dont lmao.

no, I know someone that works there, don't know what his role is though. I think he could still get 1 a year early, they usually decide around November I think, but Gary Gardner is the only 1 I know of that we've ever given 1 to a year early, so it is rare. Fair enough, it's up to him really if he chooses Ireland, good luck to him, I would prefer if he chose England, I can see him at the next World Cup, I think he's that good. How long do you think it will be before he's in the first team? Personally, I think he'll be ready in 2 years.

I really hope Jack turns out to be the next Adam Johnson x 10 (as SCG believes) as it would be fantastic to have our own "Rooney" knocking balls in for Gabby, the Fonz and Gary Gardner to put away with Kieran Clark overseeing it all as captain.

Although, as AVFC PoB says, I believe it is really difficult to call someone's future at that age. All the talent in the world still requires all the hard work, dedication and a bit of luck (injuries etc.) to ensure that a player comes through. But like the majority on this site, I am keeping everything crossed for him.

Haha yeah I bet you would ;). Nah jack loved gaelic but my dad said enough was enough when if seen how rough it gets in the older ages. Lol. One injury could finish hes football career and he has to train at bodymoore like three times a week and plays for the school and has a game for villa once or twice a week aswell. So gaelic on top... Well he'd be exhausted lmao.but gary yeah we are hoping that it happens but in 2014 he will only be 18. Now im not doubting my brothers potential but martin doesn't play his youngsters often? Unlike o' leary that played loads of them. So whether jack will get his chance early on is martins choice. So whether he will play at 16/17 idk? But I can say to you all that there have been a few coaches that says jack will be knocking on the under 18s door at 16. And knocking at the first teams door at 17/18. Only time will tell. XD

-------------------- Siegrist -------------------

[?] ---------- Clark ---------- Baker -------- [?]

--------------[?] ------------- Bannan ---------

Gabby ------------- Gardner ---------- Grealish

------------------- The Fonz -------------------

6 or 7 of a future XI home grown - an interesting prospect??

-------------------- Siegrist -------------------

[?] ---------- Clark ---------- Baker -------- [?]

--------------[?] ------------- Bannan ---------

Gabby ------------- Gardner ---------- Grealish

------------------- The Fonz -------------------

6 or 7 of a future XI home grown - an interesting prospect??

Bannan in central midfield? Okay.

Â