The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You know what would make this deal better? Offering them Westwood so we have strengthenEd our team and weakened a rival in the league 

Think you meant to post this in the Lansbury thread!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You know what would make this deal better? Offering them Westwood so we have strengthenEd our team and weakened a rival in the league 

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him sign Westwood.

Glad to hear Ed's on the mend anyway.

• Like 2

Yes he should be delivering more, but I agree that team around him doesn't help. Our movement has been shocking for years.

I also feel that Lambert hindered his progress by not giving him games at a younger age when we were all crying out for him. Look at the way Robinson and Johnson are now developing now that they are playing week in week out. It's something as a club again we've failed at, either involving with the first team or getting them out on loan young.

Andre Green looks much better than him I think. Grealish just isn't delivering enough in my opinion. Against Spurs his most involved moment seemed to be when he was talking to Dele Alli at half time (with the classic modern footballer's 'hand over mouth so you can't lipread what I'm saying' approach). 

• Like 3

Andre green other than the Spurs 10 minutes has looked at out of his depth and they're different players, green is going to be more direct, run at people, put the ball blindly in to dangerous areas, Jack isn't that player, he's not in a month of Sunday's a left winger, hopefully green will give him a option cos at the moment he's got **** all to work with

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Godders said:

You mean the same Barry Bannan that made the PFA Championship team of the year last season? I f**ing hope JG is the new Barry Bannan in that case!!

Yes exactly the same as that - Bannan is an average Championship player and that is all JG can aspire to.  IF Bannan was any good he'd be in the PL by now but it's not going to happen. If JG was all that, PL clubs would be lining up with bids but the fact is that at the moment he can't command a regualr starting place in a struggling championship side.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

no team in the Scottish pub league could afford him, if we did decide to cash in on him we'd easily get over £10m for him, I think baggies had a £10m bid for Livermore rejected today

If someone offers £10m+ I'd drive him there myself

The idea that it's everyone elses fault - other players, Bruce, Lambert (!) is laughable, He has ability on the ball but is rarely able to effect the game - his record of goals and assists is dismal and he does nothing defensively to compensate. Show pony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

If someone offers £10m+ I'd drive him there myself

The idea that it's everyone elses fault - other players, Bruce, Lambert (!) is laughable, He has ability on the ball but is rarely able to effect the game - his record of goals and assists is dismal and he does nothing defensively to compensate. Show pony

Impossible not to agree. However, he's still young and immature, he might improve.

On 1/10/2017 at 22:39, villa4europe said:

Tbf I don't know what will be worse the fact him not delivering or the number of villa fans who will queue up to say I told you so

the number of people waiting for him to fail is nuts

On the Contrary

I think there is a rake of fans want him to do the business for us.

when the repair job is under way and the better building blocks are in place, he can come in to a better balanced team and he will be in a better position to flourish.

.....just like Little & Shaw came in to balanced teams.

He has talent, but there are too many holes in the team and he can't fill them all.

I'm not suggesting that he doesn't need to refrain from going to ground so much, but he will improve when he has someone meaningful to pass to and receive from.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, TRO said:

On the Contrary

I think there is a rake of fans want him to do the business for us.

when the repair job is under way and the better building blocks are in place, he can come in to a better balanced team and he will be in a better position to flourish.

.....just like Little & Shaw came in to balanced teams.

He has talent, but there are too many holes in the team and he can't fill them all.

I'm not suggesting that he doesn't need to refrain from going to ground so much, but he will improve when he has someone meaningful to pass to.

Good post TRO, he was fantastic with the likes of Delph and Benteke around him under Sherwood

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Good post TRO, he was fantastic with the likes of Delph and Benteke around him under Sherwood

Fake News! Even with good players around him he couldn't score and couldn't contribute assists. 

He has some ability, which allows him to post the odd cameo highlight but he was as far from 'fantastic' as you could hope to be.

How many here would describe Grealish as 'fantastic'? 'Approaching Average' would seem more apposite all things considered 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Fake News! Even with good players around him he couldn't score and couldn't contribute assists. 

He has some ability, which allows him to post the odd cameo highlight but he was as far from 'fantastic' as you could hope to be.

How many here would describe Grealish as 'fantastic'? 'Approaching Average' would seem more apposite all things considered 

you've trumped him:)

I think the thing is we may  see and improvement when better players are signed.

• Like 1

Â