The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Its the way of things in the academy but its also a good sign in a way. If they're letting good players go it means there are better behind them they need to make way for.

Good luck to them though.

This is very true, next season's u16s are outstanding and I expect at least 8 of them to get scholarships for 2011/12, it's probably the best all round group we've ever had.

That does sound promising. Good stuff.

Even if they're as good as the crop that produced Fonz, Albrighton, Clark... etc I'll be over the moon.

This Grealish may well be the best in his age group, and I hope he does turn out to be a fantastic player.

But when we're talking about 14 year olds, I cant help but think back to a BBC documentary which followed the plights of the England schoolboys team (or something similar). To jist of the story was that from a group of players of a similar age to young Jack, all playing for England, only 1 of them ended of playing top flight football. That player was Alan Smith. You only have to look back at players like Cherno Samba to realise that it really is far far too young an age to be making any significant predictions about how good a player could become.

I always thought Cherno Samba was just a made up player from CM 01/02. Him and To Madeira!

Haha no he really does exist. Used to play for millwall and was being touted around at £1m when he was about 14/15. And that was before hyper price inflation on football players.

The fountain that is wiki says he has recently moved from Finland to Greece and now plays for 2nd division Panetolikos.

One of the other bonuses of Jack Grealish is that his dad is a mad keen Villa fan and I'm sure is known to a few on here. Hopefully he won't allow his lad to get his head turned and lured by the likes of Chelsea as they try to scalp any decent young talent

Hope he is as good as SGC says. Sounds like we've got a young Darren Bent on our hands here lads.

Seriously, it's really great to hear about up coming youth prospects and who to keep an eye out for. I remember very early on Delfouneso was earmarked as a potential star for the future. It's been interesting following his career so far.

One of the other bonuses of Jack Grealish is that his dad is a mad keen Villa fan and I'm sure is known to a few on here. Hopefully he won't allow his lad to get his head turned and lured by the likes of Chelsea as they try to scalp any decent young talent

What do you make of him IMWT? Do you think I'm overrating him?

I've only seen bits and pieces of games he's been involved in but as you said earlier he looks like the best prospect to come out of our youth system in a very long time. I know from people I've spoken to at Bodymoor Heath at Academy games and at the age group games that they are very protective of this kid but its difficult to keep a lid on how talented he is. In terms of where he'll end up in a couple of years time one only has to remember that 5 years ago Luke Moore was right up there and being courted by Man United and the likes, so its all down to Jack and the coaches. However, in terms of natural ability the kid has the lot

I don't understand how some of these kids throw it away/ lose their potential. I know it happens and it's just life or unforeseen circumstances.. but surely we can just show them a video of Moore and say.. "He looks good doesn't he?... well he's not now".

A lot of the lads who don't make it either aren't physically up to the task of playing professional football or don't have the mentality. They don't lose their potential, some stand out at a young age for one reason or another, normally physically and are caught up by the other lads as they get older. Others just don't want it enough when it comes down to committing their life to being a footballer.

Well then guys. I am kevan grealish. And I can confirm that jack has seen this post. I dont mind admirers or doubters because if you havent seen him then he could be another run of the mill player who could lose his talent in the next few years. I understand this. But let me just say that sir gary cahill is speaking quite truthfully. Lol. But nah jack has been playing for villa since the age of 6. Hes been playing two years above himself for villa. Been playing a year above himself for ireland u15s and is now going to have trials for england u16s I think it is. And has already been offered a scholarship. There is a bit more I cant say. But what I am trying to say is that is every 14 year old kid like this? Hes been at villa since 6,played gaelic football and played in tournaments since. Surely this shows determination? Lol. And last thing he is not related to tony grealish but hes great grandad played for villa under the name of william `billy` garraty. Which is where we think it has came from.

• Like 1

Certainly an achievement and a very good sign that the club think they have a player on their hands. To be fair, a lot of youngsters play above their year at academy level, 2 years above themselves is not as common but not unknown. That said, it is certainly a very good start to a career, particularly being offered a scholarship which is a sure sign that he is well rated.

For the record, those hoping to see a new superstar in FM, he won't be in there for a while!!

He's a great talent but no doubt some fans will see this as his brother being a bit biased, is the scholarship for next year? will he get it a year early? I agree with all that you said, he's sponsored by nike aswell, isn't he?

Well then guys. I am kevan grealish. And I can confirm that jack has seen this post. I dont mind admirers or doubters because if you havent seen him then he could be another run of the mill player who could lose his talent in the next few years. I understand this. But let me just say that sir gary cahill is speaking quite truthfully. Lol. But nah jack has been playing for villa since the age of 6. Hes been playing two years above himself for villa. Been playing a year above himself for ireland u15s and is now going to have trials for england u16s I think it is. And has already been offered a scholarship. There is a bit more I cant say. But what I am trying to say is that is every 14 year old kid like this? Hes been at villa since 6,played gaelic football and played in tournaments since. Surely this shows determination? Lol. And last thing he is not related to tony grealish but hes great grandad played for villa under the name of william `billy` garraty. Which is where we think it has came from.

Thanks for the post, don't think anyone has doubted that Jack sounds a very good player but you also have to understand why we questioned someone saying he will be 10x the player Adam Johnson who is about to become a full international winger, despite Jack being only 14.

We are all hoping he makes it of course but he's still young and long time to go, i'm sure with hard work and focus he can make it :)

Thanks for the post, don't think anyone has doubted that Jack sounds a very good player but you also have to understand why we questioned someone saying he will be 10x the player Adam Johnson who is about to become a full international winger, despite Jack being only 14.

We are all hoping he makes it of course but he's still young and long time to go, i'm sure with hard work and focus he can make it :)

If you had seen him play, you wouldn't think this

If you had seen him play, you wouldn't think this

I've sent you a PM.

He's a great talent but no doubt some fans will see this as his brother being a bit biased, is the scholarship for next year? will he get it a year early? I agree with all that you said, he's sponsored by nike aswell, isn't he?
wow okay gary cahill you seem to know as much as me.lmao. Mind if I ask who you are? And I thought id get one reply I in away from my phone two minutes and this manz replys lmao. No I understand what you all saying I can see what you mean and to be fair I could be being biased. But I think im being reasonable. And no he will not get scholar year earlier but yes nike have been informed.

Â