The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

My point is that they have to start somewhere and then progress from there, it definitely won't be long until he's in the u18s

Well obviously, but I dont think we need to be raving about him yet is all im saying.

I was informing other posters of his achievement of being selected for England u16 trials, I knew it would be of interest to posters such as OBE etc.

But as usual, I have been targetted for apparently overrating young players, in future I'll just keep this kind of info to myself.

I've watched a lot of academy/reserve and you can put me down as one who thinks Delfouneso will be a top striker.

Better than Drogba? We'll see, but he is special and could achieve that level with a bit of luck and hard work.

I dont know much about this Grealish lad but he sounds promising. He isnt the only one. We have a number of really exciting players on the horizon. I know fans want the finished article right now but trust me, the future is very exciting for us. We've really invested, financially and physically, in the academy. Without making a big hoo hah about it, we've set ourselves up as real school of excellence for yongsters and we'll attract far more in the future as a result.

We wont get all the best players obviously but we'll be getting more through to the first team in future and even those that dont quite make it will be commanding decent fees that can put back into the club.

Delfouneso, Clark, Albrighton, Gardner and Siegrist will make it as first teamers at Villa. I have no doubt about it.

Weimann has a very good chance. Then there are players like Forrester, Bannan, Simmonds, Baker, Lowry, Herd, Hogg, Collins, Devine, Williams, Halfhuid, Lichaj and Carruthers etc... who all have a decent chance of playing for us or at a decent standard.

I dont know much about the youngsters behind them. But the academy, rather than going out paying a fortune for already established players is where we'll concentrate our efforts I think and I'm happy about that. Its the right way to do it.

Of course, there will have to be blend of the two in the meantime.

Have you seen him play? How can you comment?

It is impossible to talk about any player at the age of 14 to be a professional unless they are special, ala Messi, Ronaldo (brazil)...

The guy is 14 for Christ Sake and by the looks of it, hasn't exactly reached full well adultness, who knows what can happen to his body through normal human changes. Who knows mentally how he will cope, if he works hard enough or if he even has the ability.

Mate I've seen players aged 15 play for England schoolboys, under 18's....even pushing a reserve place and yet 3 years later they are not closer to the first team than they were when they were 15. He might seem to have talent but having talent at 14 and being able to turn into a professional and become a better 10x player that a future (in about 3/4 months) international is....your claim is simply ridiculous at this age.

Where have you watched him play by the way? do you watch the Villa under 16 games?

He is special, you can tell after 5 minutes of watching him, his touch and technique is on another level compared to other players of his age, he has the ability no doubt about that and he seems to have the right mentality.

I've seen him a couple of times for u16s yes, he's the best I've seen in the academy without question, I'm more excited about Grealish than I was about Delfouneso when I first saw him. If he doesn't make it, we might as well close the academy down because no-one will.

If you think that. Okay but I've seen a few exceptional players or so we thought, fall. Nothing is ever certain at that age and you should be a little more careful with your claims. Some 14 yr old kid 10x better than Johnson and Delfouneso better than Drogba in the next 18 months....I mean come on....

we'll see and I said 3-4 years not 18 months

No. You said 2 years. Around 6 months ago.

I am 100000% sure you said "2 years". I'd put my VT account on it (which means alot) :)

I can't find the post but I guarantee I said 3-4 years

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=2170376&highlight=#2170376

There you go.

My point is that they have to start somewhere and then progress from there, it definitely won't be long until he's in the u18s

Well obviously, but I dont think we need to be raving about him yet is all im saying.

I was informing other posters of his achievement of being selected for England u16 trials, I knew it would be of interest to posters such as OBE etc.

But as usual, I have been targetted for apparently overrating young players, in future I'll just keep this kind of info to myself.

Targetted? You are only being questioned by claims that of this age are just well abit stupid really. Saying things like "I really think this lad has the potential to make it at Villa if everything goes right for him"....is fair enough but you said:

"He is 10x the player Johnson is".....Johnson is on the verge of international recognition, playing regularly for a very good side....and the kid is 14 and you are claiming he's going to be 10x better than him. Be realistic and slow down.

Targetted? You are only being questioned by claims that of this age are just well abit stupid really. Saying things like "I really think this lad has the potential to make it at Villa if everything goes right for him"....is fair enough but you said:

"He is 10x the player Johnson is".....Johnson is on the verge of international recognition, playing regularly for a very good side....and the kid is 14 and you are claiming he's going to be 10x better than him. Be realistic and slow down.

Because I was asked to compare him to a someone playing in the prem!

He will be better than him, no doubt about that

I agree Mazrim but Simmonds has been released somewhat unfortunately in my opinion

Ryan Simmonds? Really? I've not heard that.

That does suprise me. I know he's a bit small but I thought he looked quite good.

I forgot to mention Kofi Poyser too who whilst not in the Fonz's class could be a bit useful.

Let's face it, noone really knows. At 14, he can go either way. I've seen "special" players get progressed through quickly and fall and others have kicked on to become good players.

Anything can happen. It's pointless even discussing it beyond "he is promising for the future" because nobody knows.

Because I was asked to compare him to a someone playing in the prem!

He will be better than him, no doubt about that

Yes but there is doubts. :? Not many youth products make it even if they look special at 14. So for you to basically say he will definately be an England international is a big statement. He's 14 not 18/19.

I agree Mazrim but Simmonds has been released somewhat unfortunately in my opinion

Ryan Simmonds? Really?

That does suprise me. I know he's a bit small but I thought he looked quite good.

I forgot to mention Kofi Poyser too who whilst not in the Fonz's class could be a bit useful.

yeah Ryan and Kofi Poyser has been released too

I wonder what the record is for the youngest player to appear in the reserves side. Am I to assume there's no chance of this fella making an appearance?

I wonder what the record is for the youngest player to appear in the reserves side. Am I to assume there's no chance of this fella making an appearance?

Delfouneso made his debut aged 16 and 1 month, that's certainly the youngest I can remember, I think Grealish will surpass it

This Grealish may well be the best in his age group, and I hope he does turn out to be a fantastic player.

But when we're talking about 14 year olds, I cant help but think back to a BBC documentary which followed the plights of the England schoolboys team (or something similar). To jist of the story was that from a group of players of a similar age to young Jack, all playing for England, only 1 of them ended of playing top flight football. That player was Alan Smith. You only have to look back at players like Cherno Samba to realise that it really is far far too young an age to be making any significant predictions about how good a player could become.

Kofi Poyser has been released too

Whaaaaaaaaaa???? He was scoring for fun in the academy!!

Only Ellis Deeney and Durrell Berry have been kept on from last year's group of 2nd years, I was surprised they let Poyser go, I think he has potential and will have a good career

Its the way of things in the academy but its also a good sign in a way. If they're letting good players go it means there are better behind them they need to make way for.

Good luck to them though.

Its the way of things in the academy but its also a good sign in a way. If they're letting good players go it means there are better behind them they need to make way for.

Good luck to them though.

This is very true, next season's u16s are outstanding and I expect at least 8 of them to get scholarships for 2011/12, it's probably the best all round group we've ever had.

Â