The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

He got booed pretty much everywhere when he played for us. Probably comes from the number of times he’s fouled every game. Easier to blame it on him diving then to acknowledge that your defenders aren’t good enough to stop him fairly. 

He goes down at any opportunity. We don’t have to pretend he doesn’t anymore. 

• Haha 3

I still think he's forcing the foul a fair bit of the time.  He's just hard to dispossess, since he'll either happily advance towards a defender or 'hover', inviting the challenge, but in any case reducing a defender's operational space, which automatically makes any challenge look less controlled and considered.

4 minutes ago, deck said:

I still think he's forcing the foul a fair bit of the time.  He's just hard to dispossess, since he'll either happily advance towards a defender or 'hover', inviting the challenge, but in any case reducing a defender's operational space, which automatically makes any challenge look less controlled and considered.

Was a good analysis on him on youtube whilst he was still at villa, they said basically he can play the ball closer to a defender than pretty much anyone in the league, he will get to within a metre of a potential tackler whilst running at full speed directly at him, he's not a knock it past the defender and sprint type dribbler, traore for example 

Add to that the speed of his feet once the defender has committed to the tackle and that he's not scared of the contact 

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Only watched the first half and I thought both him and Foden were brilliant. People expecting him to fail at City. It wont happen!

So had he not played they wouldn’t have won 4-1? Nobody is saying he will fail. They are just saying he hasn’t added anything they didn’t already have in abundance. That’s the difference. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

So had he not played they wouldn’t have won 4-1? Nobody is saying he will fail. They are just saying he hasn’t added anything they didn’t already have in abundance. That’s the difference. 

Its small margins that make the difference. its obvious Pep doesnt fancy Sterling and Silva has gone.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fine margins in the big games. Let’s see how useful he is then. 

We all know how good he is. He carried us. The points tally without him the side were more of a relegation team so unless hes gets injured he will improve City 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He got 1 and it was a 6 yard pass.

Oh yeah I’d awarded him the third goal.  Thought Jesus scored it but it hit Foden so he claimed it.  He still did assist it kind of but that puts Bailey ahead of him 🙌

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh yeah I’d awarded him the third goal.  Thought Jesus scored it but it hit Foden so he claimed it.  He still did assist it kind of but that puts Bailey ahead of him 🙌

No way I ain’t giving him any credit for that one, it was a poor shot that keeper made a feeble save of.  Bailey’s a G :)

• Haha 1

The best (or only) thing is what a mug Pep has made of Southgate with him going to City for £100m and playing almost every game.

Grealish and Foden together. Not one or the other as was said at Euros by every fool trying to justify them not playing. Especially as it was so we could squeeze some relative rubbish like Sterling or Rashford in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The best (or only) thing is what a mug Pep has made of Southgate with him going to City for £100m and playing almost every game.

Grealish and Foden together. Not one or the other as was said at Euros by every fool trying to justify them not playing. Especially as it was so we could squeeze some relative rubbish like Sterling or Rashford in.

On the contrary, the credit has to be given to Southgate for lighting the fire within them by bringing their head down a notch

/s

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Sterling and Jack’s stats are hardly miles apart for city this season and before you say it’s not all about stats. Sterling has looked just as effective if not more so as Jack when played even though out of position. Liverpool game being a good example. 

Foden and Jesus on the other hand have been miles better than them both 

What are people actually getting out of this thread?

I've barely been looking but since he left he's started pretty much every game for England (although that may change next month) and started every serious Man. City game in league and europe so I'd say his move is going o.k.

Are people now arguing amongst themselves Mason Mount and Foden are better?! That would be ironic given the mass and tedious debate last two years.🤣

More funny when likes of Benteke and Delph leave us and get injured or move dosen't work out and they drop down the league pretty quickly. That won't be happening with you know who.

Genuinely interested what news or debate keeps bumping this thread near top of OT.

I've probably got a different viewpoint anyway as I thank him for what he did do for us in a dark period for the club....and I really believe he'll play for us again one day.

Â