The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think Jack was the better player up until about three months ago

I don’t mate. Put last years Foden in our villa team and give him a free pass to do what he wants and give him the ball at any opportunity and I reckon his numbers would have been staggering. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't think Foden would have been the one man show that Grealish was for Villa. 

This might be more a reflection of how shite we've been? 🤔

I've seen many a player look prodigal for " lesser clubs ", get their big move, and then look bang average amongst World Class players.

That's doesn't mean those players aren't good players, it just means they ain't what they were hyped up to be, not the extra level ( World Class ) if that makes any sense.

Foden has stood out multiple times, amongst World Class players, I'm just saying.

I also know that can be spun either way "He only looks so good because he's got World Class players around him " etc 

Jack had flaws even when he was here.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I think Foden is probably technically more gifted than Jack, but I very much doubt he'd have had the talismanic X-factor that Jack had here for his last few seasons. Foden is much better at the same age, but that doesn't always translate to being able to be the star player and carry a team on your back as you age. Foden may end up in a Messi situation where he's undoubtedly a star and one of the best players in the world, but he's always had top echelon coaching and absolute megastar teams around him built to his strengths. Jack has shown he can do it when all the pressure is squarely on him.

• Like 2

He is always going to be in Fodens shadow at Man City… He will never be worth £100m as a footballer… Once the Foden shirts outsell the Grealish ones and Pep starts benching Mr Shitshins… He will have made their money back through being their little showpony and marquee signing… and they will have accomplished what they wanted…

Make money

Attract new fans

Take nice things from Villa

40 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jack trying to come back to Villa in 2-3 years if it doesn’t pan out well for him at City. 

If Purslow is still here then he wont be welcome in my view

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jack trying to come back to Villa in 2-3 years if it doesn’t pan out well for him at City. 

On one hand I agree, but then on another it’s not healthy to have a one man team like we had when he was here. If we’ve established ourselves in that period it might be a mistake to bring him back if it’s going back to how we played before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

He is always going to be in Fodens shadow at Man City… He will never be worth £100m as a footballer… Once the Foden shirts outsell the Grealish ones and Pep starts benching Mr Shitshins… He will have made their money back through being their little showpony and marquee signing… and they will have accomplished what they wanted…

Make money

Attract new fans

Take nice things from Villa

I genuinely think, you could see someone like him, off to Newcastle in a season or two.

They'll be signing the almost world class types/names IMO.

Could obviously be totally wrong as well. He just might improve further in a season also.

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Irony is, even if he were to come back, he would be coming back to a totally different Villa.

Team wouldn't be built around him, and he wouldn't be able to dictate and demand things anymore as before.

Relinquished that right IMO.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Irony is, even if he were to come back, he would be coming back to a totally different Villa.

Team wouldn't be built around him, and he wouldn't be able to dictate and demand things anymore as before.

Relinquished that right IMO.

Agreed. He won’t be welcomed by the leadership either. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Its possibly. We have had a number of our star players return, one of which had a very successful return 

Any of them “Villa born and bred, Claret’n’blue blood running through their veins, family all Villa fans, this is my club” star players who left under fairly suspect circumstances?

10 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Any of them “Villa born and bred, Claret’n’blue blood running through their veins, family all Villa fans, this is my club” star players who left under fairly suspect circumstances?

I'm sure Gordon Cowans was. His dad worked as the kitman. He chose to jump ship and join Bari.Then Graham Taylor took a chance on bringing him back after Bari got relegated and he did really well.   He was also integral in the negotiations between Platt and Bari. 

There won't be an issue in Grealish coming back to Villa but its wishful thinking that we think that will happen. 

Edited by PaulC

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I'm sure Gordon Cowans was. His dad worked as the kitman. He chose to jump ship and join Bari.Then Graham Taylor took a chance on bringing him back after Bari got relegated and he did really well.   He was also integral in the negotiations between Platt and Bari. 

There won't be an issue in Grealish coming back to Villa but its wishful thinking that we think that will happen. 

There lies the kicker…

He moved abroad… to Italy…

Beautiful country with great food, beautiful scenery, lovely weather, culture… Can’t blame him…

Not like moving to Manchester with its….

Its….

illiteracy and teenage pregnancy?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

There lies the kicker…

He moved abroad… to Italy…

Beautiful country with great food, beautiful scenery, lovely weather, culture… Can’t blame him…

Not like moving to Manchester with its….

Its….

illiteracy and teenage pregnancy?

Yes true but he probably lives in a mansion in Cheshire so wont experience much of that 

Â