The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Surprising for me that he's creeping, not clicked on it to try and get more context

Maybe he doesnt think he is lying and grealishs team genuinely believe that everything was done right, which anyone who isn't a Villa fan involved with social media will probably also believe, especially compared to Kane 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I always thought he was better than Jack and even said it was. I think I was accused of blasphemy. 

I think a lot of people admitted his ceiling was probably higher than Jack's, but Jack was playing out of his mind last year. Still think he was the best player in the league before his injury.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I think a lot of people admitted his ceiling was probably higher than Jack's, but Jack was playing out of his mind last year. Still think he was the best player in the league before his injury.

He was one of the best player up until covid outbreak. Even he started to struggle following the return.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think a lot of people admitted his ceiling was probably higher than Jack's

That's because one lives in a barn, and the other in a belltower.

The commentators on BeIn Sports were noting that the Grealish at Villa would have taken his man on a lot more, yet the Grealish at Citeh tends to check his run and turn back. Apparently, Pep has analysed Grealish's Villa game and concluded that, whilst he'll go on and create a tonne of assists and goals, he'll similarly end up giving the ball away a lot, and ball retention is key to his game plan.

I think Pep will eventually tire of Grealish' antics and he'll probably end up like many before him. Foden is now twice the player of Jack as Jack is no longer at Villa with a free role. Give it half a year and cracks will start to appear when Jack isn't constantly in the first 11 and throws a hissy fit, goes to a club, live streams cheating on his GF, drives a car into several kittens or otherwise unsavoury stuff.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The commentators on BeIn Sports were noting that the Grealish at Villa would have taken his man on a lot more, yet the Grealish at Citeh tends to check his run and turn back. Apparently, Pep has analysed Grealish's Villa game and concluded that, whilst he'll go on and create a tonne of assists and goals, he'll similarly end up giving the ball away a lot, and ball retention is key to his game plan.

stevo posted it a few weeks back, this is the stat that you want to watch

1633507615672-png.2161061

value of passes in the final 3rd, you can see where grealish was when playing for us but based on what we've seen so far i'd expect him to get closer to where Jesus, Silva and Gundogan are, very high succesful pass rate in the final 3rd but those passes dont actually do anything, push the defensive line back, lay the ball off 5 yards to an open team mate, dont take him on or beat him just push him back

i only watched the 5 minute highlights, 5 goals, he was only involved with the 4th getting the assist to the assist which the above will measure, nowhere near the ball for the other 4, man city love the dinked angled ball coming from deep in the middle and foden can play it all day, didnt see him create any other chances, on the Dazn highlights on youtube he touches the ball twice

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Give it half a year and cracks will start to appear when Jack isn't constantly in the first 11 and throws a hissy fit, goes to a club, live streams cheating on his GF, drives a car into several kittens or otherwise unsavoury stuff.

Absolutely nailed on to happen. We rightly developed a blind spot for these antics but jeez it was only a year ago or so that he got wasted and could easily have hurt someone with his car. The guy's ego is fragile, and should his citeh career bore him he'll be looking for his kicks elsewhere.

20 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I always thought he was better than Jack and even said it was. I think I was accused of blasphemy. 

I think Jack was the better player up until about three months ago

• Like 1

Â