The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

27 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What it has to do with “being a fan” though, no **** idea. 

What does who you play for have to do it with it either?

You can be a Villa fan and not play for villa, absolutely mind blowing but true

Of all the criticisms aimed at him the "not a fan" one is the stupidest, of course he's a fan, unfortunately professional football doesn't work the way that people want it to because its a profession not a dream 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Translation:

if you're not good enough for another club to want you and Villa to want to sell you: good

if you're good enough for other clubs to want you: bad

This will always confuse me

Let me help you here....

Player declaring undying love for "My Club, My City, My Home" whilst negotiating a move to another club at the same time, and going behind the backs of a club hierarchy that have bent over backwards for him = rat. 

Rats are bad. Typically unloved by the general population and typically not a title to aspire to.

Rats are also different to people just wanting to move to further their careers.

Hope that helps you understand why some people aren't waving him off with tear stained hankies and wishing him all the best for his future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Let me help you here....

Player declaring undying love for "My Club, My City, My Home" whilst negotiating a move to another club at the same time, and going behind the backs of a club hierarchy that have bent over backwards for him = rat. 

So you buying in to him wheeling out an Aston villa social media PR teams catchphrase = rat

Not everyone is spitting at the mention of his name and bitter about him leaving because they can detatch themselves from the emotion and see exactly what football is 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Let me help you here....

Rats are bad. Typically unloved by the general population and typically not a title to aspire to.

Rats are also different to people just wanting to move to further their careers.

Hope that helps you understand why some people aren't waving him off with tear stained hankies and wishing him all the best for his future.

If he was crap and we'd willingly sold him to Leicester everyone would be calling him a legend, like Hutton or Gabby

But because he was really really **** good, which was better for us in literally every way, he's called a rat.

It's weird

53 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I raise you a Mark Albrighton.

Yeah but we wanted rid (rightly or wrongly). Which is the point.

Any player that is good enough to attract the attention of top teams gets slaughtered by our fans, despite the fact that the entire reason they're wanted by top clubs is because they have been so good for Aston Villa.

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I know really, you just didn't make that caveat above 😉

That was quite a unique and strange situation to be fair.

It was, similar to the Gary Cahill situation I guess. Just a misjudgement by the club.

I guess it happens but it probably hurt more with Albrighton given he was obviously a passionate fan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It was, similar to the Gary Cahill situation I guess. Just a misjudgement by the club.

I guess it happens but it probably hurt more with Albrighton given he was obviously a passionate fan

Forgot about Cahill, the club really dropped a bollock twice there around the same time.

Having said that, would I swap Zat Knight's last minute equaliser against Arsenal for retaining the services of a Champions League quality player? 🙃

Lambert seemed to have a Southgate like aversion to Mark Albrighton.  Remember him being used extremely sparingly despite being our only bright spark in the 13/14 season.  

Top lad as well.  Queued at VP with all the fans for a ticket to the 2015 FA Cup final iirc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If he was crap and we'd willingly sold him to Leicester everyone would be calling him a legend, like Hutton or Gabby

But because he was really really **** good, which was better for us in literally every way, he's called a rat.

It's weird

Yep… Just like Hutton or Gabby…

They signed their contracts… They saw them out… They retired…

They didn’t sign them and come out with the publicity nonsense with the intention of conspiring with their agent and family to do a runner to another team in the same division at the first opportunity…

The fact that HE is the fourth of our “talismanic” players in a row to have bolted to Man City as soon as he could… with him supposedly being a Villa fan as a boy and seeing what those words removed have done to us by ripping the soul of our team every few years…

and with his anti-Man City statements on social media a few years ago…

You would have hoped he would have shown a bit more resolve and decided to wait for an opportunity at another club and turned them down and made them look like pricks…

but no… Off he goes…

so yeah… he is a rat

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So you buying in to him wheeling out an Aston villa social media PR teams catchphrase = rat

Not everyone is spitting at the mention of his name and bitter about him leaving because they can detatch themselves from the emotion and see exactly what football is 

Hmmm, you continue trying to justify it to yourself mate. Football is all about emotion. 

Am I spitting and bitter? No. Do I think he is an ungrateful dick after all this club did for him? Yes. Am I losing sleep over him leaving? No.   Sorry to disappoint you.  

Will I get excited about watching him play for England? No, he is just another player to me now, and one that has shown himself to be a bit of a rat, along with Kane. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's weird

Not even close. 

It's not weird if you are capable of critical thinking. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Should be "give a F anymore" as it's not a vowel. ;)

Unless the author intended the message to read F phonetically, as in 'Ef' which would require the letter to be preceded by an an? 

Clearly not the authority on that then ;):)

• Like 3

Â