The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, NeilS said:

Do not click on Birmingham Live unless you want to make your blood boil or are a masochist!

FTFY.

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

I am not sure who the bigger fool(s) is/are here, Southgate for the crap he is peddling to the press or us two for clicking on the article knowing full well what we are getting into. 😂

In fairness to them, for once what they promised was actually written so it wasn't clickbaiting. Southgate is definitely the fool here, as he is so often is.

But But, Southgate is the best thing to happen to the England squad in decades. Look how he has made all those players better and much more confident to play for England. No way, any other manager could have got 11 50-100 million pound players to a final beating an old Germany team and drawing Scotland, not a chance!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, birdman said:

It's blatant baiting! I'm not gonna read it lol. 

Southgate made a complete mess of the Euro final, one of the reasons being Jack supposedly wasn't good enough to play a part. Now obviously he's like the second coming of christ cos he plays for City. He's a muppet! Yes I'm triggered again 🤣

One of the things Southgate talks about in the interview is that he knew Grealish wasn't fit, and he was only really playing games for us in order to be available for England. He was only training for a couple of days at a time, then needed a rest. This is probably the reason he didn't play more, rather than the anti-Villa agenda that's so popular on here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

One of the things Southgate talks about in the interview is that he knew Grealish wasn't fit, and he was only really playing games for us in order to be available for England. He was only training for a couple of days at a time, then needed a rest. This is probably the reason he didn't play more, rather than the anti-Villa agenda that's so popular on here.

I don't think he's anti villa as such and I'm not really sold on the fitness excuse either. He could and should of played a bigger part in the final. I would rather have a not 100% fit Grealish over Mount not doing much for 100 mins. Other than that I do take your points haha. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Don't watch him every week for city but from what I have seen he's got more freedom tonight, carried the ball from left to right across the midfield more than he has up and down the wing, always looking for something, makes it look very easy

Not playing as safe 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thinks hes been excellent first half. Englands best player by a mile. 

It's all well and good to do fancy flicks and tricks and look "good"

He seriously need to show some end product though.

1 goal in 13 is it? Dreadful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's all well and good to do fancy flicks and tricks and look "good"

He seriously need to show some end product though.

1 goal in 13 is it? Dreadful.

Only really had one opportunity where he could have shot with his left foot. 

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That’s not hard though is it. Anyone who shows an inkling of attacking play stands out a mile in this current set up.

Correct. Jacks realised no one else is really trying to create so has taken the bull by the horns and is now drifting all over the pitch. His teammates not really on the same wavelength. Has had a really geat half and it's the Jack of old  we all know too well. 

• Like 2

That we'll known goalscorer Jack Grealish...

His biggest problem is kane and sterling, every time he gets on the ball both should be darting in to the box but they dont

Instead we seem to be trying to recreate the first goal from Saturday, every time Mount or Foden get the ball in the final 3rd the dink over the top is on, really hard ball to pull off

England's best chance pretty much every game is well worked wing play followed by a back post tap in, we have the wing play but not always the movement 

Â