The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

How comes he didn't have a little huff and moan to show how much he " Loves playing " after being subbed in the 67th, like he did when being subbed in the 90th, in an already won game for us?

I'll let you figure out the difference.

Also, sorry, but the difference in speed of play and tenacity between him and Foden is ridiculous.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

You could argue that Ronaldo is the best player in the world and you could argue that the Premier League is the best club competition in the world as well

You’d be wrong but yeah you could. 

The point is we wouldn’t be offering him champions league football any time in the near future. This is why he left. 

Just now, VillaCas said:

I thought everything he did was too slow and deliberate 

This used to quite often be the case even for us.

Great player, for sure, but for the price they paid for him, he's going to be expected to be the difference maker in games like tonight. Early days though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah Hakimi was and is excellent to be fair

I think he's been PSGs best player and i wasn't expecting it, thought he'd be very modern and better going forward, stood him up perfectly, roughed him up when he could away with it

One I would say tonight is that cancelo barely overlapped, Jack's want to step inside on to his right is made so much easier when the defending full back has the split second indecision caused by the attacking full back going past him, take that away from him and you can defend him 

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This used to quite often be the case even for us.

Great player, for sure, but for the price they paid for him, he's going to be expected to be the difference maker in games like tonight. Early days though.

Looks like he's struggling to adapt his game to this City team. I thought it might have been tactics from Pep, but Foden has completely shown him up so far.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How comes he didn't have a little huff and moan to show how much he " Loves playing " after being subbed in the 67th, like he did when being subbed in the 90th, in an already won game for us?

Also, sorry, but the difference in speed of play and tenacity between him and Foden is ridiculous.

Positives of him gone and Barkley not signing on a permanent other than the fact he was crap, last thing we wanted was a culture of moaning and questioning manager’s decision,  Grealish was a good player but a bad teammate 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

I think he's been PSGs best player and i wasn't expecting it, thought he'd be very modern and better going forward, stood him up perfectly, roughed him up when he could away with it

One I would say tonight is that cancelo barely overlapped, Jack's want to step inside on to his right is made so much easier when the defending full back has the split second indecision caused by the attacking full back going past him, take that away from him and you can defend him 

Yeah, City were basically playing with a front 5 sat on the defensive line, passing game it in to him and then… receiving the pass back in midfield

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

Sucks for him, then! 

(You really should try joining in the schadenfreude. It’s a LOT more fun.) 

Stevo and Biscuit shins sitting in a tree 

K I S S I N G 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he was relieved to come off. Was really struggling. We all know he is a top player but he’s going to have to really up his game to be effective in this Man City team. The 100m price tag will always add extra pressure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To think people argued that he is worth much more!  100m is crazy money. 

He was worth more to us I think was the argument, and I agreed. Time will tell though as we look to have spent it very well.

• Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

He was worth more to us I think was the argument, and I agreed. Time will tell though as we look to have spent it very well.

It was the argument but I disagreed. Always felt we needed a better squad and that money would help us do that. But yes, only time will tell. 

• Like 2

Â