The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

we look more rounded as a team.

I agree. I expressed a concern before Grealish stopped playing because of shin splints, that we had become so predicable with the blindingly obvious "give the ball to Jack" tactic.

Our better players had become de incentivised due to their role in supplying JG, and opposition teams knew how to neutralise Villa.

"More well rounded" perfectly describes our team play now because our threat has gone from being singular to multi pronged, and as such other teams are having a much harder time setting up to play against us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Would you go back to your ex after they ditched you for a people trafficking, human rights abuser just because they had a nicer car, house and could afford to buy your ex nicer jewellery?

No, bollocks to him…

Let him be just like Gareth Barry… That Representative for Wellingborough wanted to come back too, and was waiting for the call that never came…

Dont need him anymore… We can beat Man United

Let see out the rest of his days playing at Everton and West Brom…

Yes let him be like Gareth Barry. Wins loads of trophies. Be the all time PL appearance maker and make an absolute shed load of money.

That'll learn him!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

aside from the scorned boyfriend reason you cited (which i'm not ashamed to admit is a major reason for me not wanting him back too) it would also mean that we haven't progressed if he ends up back at us in 3/4 years

in a few years time i'd hope we're buying 100m players ourselves

Are you having a laugh?  In 3/4 years time, Grealish will be 29/30, at the absolute peak of his powers and regarded by everyone on the planet as one of the best players in the World.

If we're signing Grealish back from Man City at that point, we won't have simply "progressed", we'll be one of the top sides in Europe.

Honestly, I get people feeling hurt by the move but some comments in here are ridiculous :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Hopefully in a few years time Jack will want to come to us because we qualify for the CL every season and Man $hity dont because they have a new manager because they cant afford Peps signings.

Pep doesn't sign players without the club knowing. I'm sure he's involved, but it's not like he's going out and buying Grealish for £100m without them noticing.

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes let him be like Gareth Barry. Wins loads of trophies. Be the all time PL appearance maker and make an absolute shed load of money.

That'll learn him!

We really showed him when we played Yacouba Sylla and Chris Herd in midfield 

• Like 1

^^ my previously post was joke and wish though as he loan and back sign for us. hope 3rd time when he just about retired might back to leeds. 

Staunton was my memories about him great especial 1994 Cup final was brilliant. love watch his left back play for Villa and Ireland (along Ray Houghton, Paul Mcgrath)

Gordon Cowan's play for us 3 time plus 1 time staff. he always devilry good player - he is never let us down.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

aside from the scorned boyfriend reason you cited (which i'm not ashamed to admit is a major reason for me not wanting him back too) it would also mean that we haven't progressed if he ends up back at us in 3/4 years

in a few years time i'd hope we're buying 100m players ourselves

What do you think is going to happen to him in 3 years time? He'll be at his peak like Kevin De Bruyne currently is. If we can sign him then we absolutely would have progressed. It would be amazing if we've progressed that far.

OK 3/4 years was incorrect. but i've seen plenty say that they can see him coming back when he's in his 30s and finishing his career off with us, which i don't want...that's the point i was trying to make

anyway, plenty of time for him to make a number of misdemeanors, cheat on his mrs a few times, and generally behave like a clearing in the woods in that time so we wouldn't be interested anyway

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

We really showed him when we played Yacouba Sylla and Chris Herd in midfield 

Maybe not at that point…

but, according to his interview, he was hoping to come back in his Everton/West Brom days and was disappointed to not have been given the chance, even though he put the feelers out with his agent…

Im glad we didn’t kowtow to him…

And I hope we don’t do the same to “Mr Aston Villa with a clause”

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Maybe not at that point…

but, according to his interview, he was hoping to come back in his Everton/West Brom days and was disappointed to not have been given the chance, even though he put the feelers out with his agent…

I understand this TBF. If we ever reach a point where we are able to turn our noses up at Grealish, we'll have done very well...but it would be very satisfying for him to want to come back at the end of his career and for the club to just leave him hanging. 

13 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Maybe not at that point…

We were crying out for him when he signed for the baggies, would have been a key player for us during our time in the championship, we had people like whelan and bjarnason getting 30 games a year

I reckon Bruce gets us promoted with him... Probably a good thing he didn't sign... 

Â