The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ok, hypothetical question: 

Pick an option 

- a £1m lottery win, but Villa get relegated to League 2

- No lottery win but Villa win the league and champions league the following year. 

Interested to hear the views. 

Lottery

Not even close and absolute madness if someone said otherwise 

One will impact me every single day for the rest of my life, the other will impact me 46 days of the year 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Villa winning the champions league and the league. £1 million would not make a lot of difference to my life

This is the thing. For me, a million pounds would totally change everything in my life.

For some others, maybe not so much.

It depends on your circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Pick an option 

- No lottery win but Villa win the league and champions league the following year. 

I’d take the chance to get a mortgage and villa get relegated to be fair, let alone a £1m win 😂 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Pick an option 

How many people would lose their jobs at Villa if they were in League 2? I don’t mean Dean Smith, I mean people who don’t earn the big money from football.

I think my conscience would weigh heavily on me. But I would class myself as “comfortable” so I don’t think I’m the best person to answer such a hypothetical. But people losing their jobs would be a consideration for me. If they somehow magically didn’t…not sure.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I really don't want to judge, but I can't imagine anyone not picking the 2 million. That is life changing money. You won't want for anything ever again (unless you're very stupid and squander it). 

Just keep an eye out here Alex, some of the more “enterprising” among us are trying to pull a fast one…

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

How many people would lose their jobs at Villa if they were in League 2? I don’t mean Dean Smith, I mean people who don’t earn the big money from football.

I think my conscience would weigh heavily on me. But I would class myself as “comfortable” so I don’t think I’m the best person to answer such a hypothetical. But people losing their jobs would be a consideration for me. If they somehow magically didn’t…not sure.

Just keep an eye out here Alex, some of the more “enterprising” among us are trying to pull a fast one…

My mind played tricks on me. I read, 2 million and relegated to League 2 :lol: 

Still stand by it all. I was watching us in the Championship for free anyway.

45 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Million wont go very far this day in age.

id honestly be happier watching Villa win the big prizes. Happiness before money every day of the week.

I would be very happy watching villa win the big prize 

But fleetingly, it would probably be one of the best weekends of my life followed by some great European away games 

But football is not what I do 9 to 5 Monday to Friday, its not where I live, its a tiny portion of my life, £1m is completely life changing for an average person

Villa winning the league doesn't change anything for anyone 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I would be very happy watching villa win the big prize 

But fleetingly, it would probably be one of the best weekends of my life followed by some great European away games 

But football is not what I do 9 to 5 Monday to Friday, its not where I live, its a tiny portion of my life, £1m is completely life changing for an average person

Villa winning the league doesn't change anything for anyone 

Which is why the thought experiment isn’t really analogous to Jack Grealish. Moving to Man City isn’t financially life changing for him. He was already an embarrasingly rich man with more money than he could spend. 

• Like 1

The reason I asked the question, wasn't from the Jack Grealish leaving angle. More than you can be a fan but still not be 100% devoted to the club. Some people are suggesting Jack wasn't a fan at all because he left us for better opportunities. I'm a fan and have been for 30 years. I'd see us relegated for £1m. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

I'm sure I had more of a point to make when I posted earlier but can't remember now! Plus its too warm. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

The reason I asked the question, wasn't from the Jack Grealish leaving angle. More than you can be a fan but still not be 100% devoted to the club. Some people are suggesting Jack wasn't a fan at all because he left us for better opportunities. I'm a fan and have been for 30 years. I'd see us relegated for £1m. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan.

I'm sure I had more of a point to make when I posted earlier but can't remember now! Plus its too warm. 

I see your point and I agree with you, but also to play devils advocate…

Am I already worth £50m or regular old me when I get offered the £1m? Because the answer would be different.

Edited by a m ole

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I see your point and I agree with you, but also to play devils advocate…

Am I already worth £50m or regular old me when I get offered the £1m? Because the answer would be different.

I based it off the average Joe Bloggs. Working class in a job he/she just about stomachs despite the office politics and no chance of an early retirement. 

£1m could mean early retirement. Or for me, it would mean I could finish work tomorrow at 42. That is an opportunity I wouldn't forego for Villa's success. 

Just like Jack wasn't going forego winning the league / champions league just to stay loyal at Villa. We'd both still be Villa fans. 

p.s I'm not sure where i'm going with this! 

• Like 2

To be fair the point does still exist though because man City have offered him something that villa cant

Not just the money it's the trophies, the spotlight, the fame, even an England starting place 

Then you throw in that me winning £1m and villa winning the CL are probably the same odds... Grealish achieving those things compared to villa winning the league / CL are not the same odds, its stacked heavily in grealishs favour 

I bet if he didn't sign that contract and/or didn't put in a release clause, and still ended up leaving, there'd be a lot less animosity. Like if City still bid 100m and we accepted it, and Jack didn't really have any machinations on moving until the bid actually came in, I don't think anybody would blame him. Villa fans are passionate, but they're not deluded. We'd know we're quite a ways off winning a trophy or playing regular CL football.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I bet if he didn't sign that contract and/or didn't put in a release clause, and still ended up leaving, there'd be a lot less animosity. Like if City still bid 100m and we accepted it, and Jack didn't really have any machinations on moving until the bid actually came in, I don't think anybody would blame him. Villa fans are passionate, but they're not deluded. We'd know we're quite a ways off winning a trophy or playing regular CL football.

I think that’s quite accurate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Pick an option 

I've put enough money into AVFC for one lifetime, so...

**** the football...

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Reading some of this, I swear we've got middle aged men who've still got their bedrooms painted claret and blue :lol: 

Don’t be ridiculous.

My wife would never let me do that. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Pick an option 

Having already seen both, I’ll take the dough👍

Â