The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

In some ways he must be enjoying not having all of the pressure and playing in a side that expects to win with the quality that they have… it’s a lot easier. They literally go into games with no fear, which is different to how we appear to be, especially against the super league sides.  
I don’t think he is missing the captaincy stuff in the slightest. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

In some ways he must be enjoying not having all of the pressure and playing in a side that expects to win with the quality that they have… it’s a lot easier. They literally go into games with no fear, which is different to how we appear to be, especially against the super league sides.  
I don’t think he is missing the captaincy stuff in the slightest. 

Maybe different people see it differently, but I feel like the pressure is part of the fun and intrigue. I used to think Jack was like that too. Having it all your way doesn't seem like much fun. I wonder he might go to a Liverpool or something in a couple of years after he's swept every domestic honour and gotten that out of the way.

He hardly broke sweat today. Had so much time on the ball when they finally decided to actually start passing to him. Arsenal were atrocious though! 

Haven't seen Jack play with the same skill and intensity he did when at Villa although it is early days for him. 

Oh and Sterling is still greedy too lol

He’s looking good at City, but barely touches the ball anywhere near as much as he did with us, which whilst that misn’t a surprise given the wealth of talent at City, it’s still something that will irk a player like Jack who always demands the ball. 

He gave the ball quite sloppily on a couple of occasions which was uncharacteristic of him and despite being 3-0 in the first half Pep was going ballistic at him for it. He’s not used that before as he had carte balanche to do whatever he wanted without reprimand at Villa. It’s things like that which will push him to developing as a player. 

23 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

He’s looking good at City, but barely touches the ball anywhere near as much as he did with us, which whilst that misn’t a surprise given the wealth of talent at City, it’s still something that will irk a player like Jack who always demands the ball. 

He gave the ball quite sloppily on a couple of occasions which was uncharacteristic of him and despite being 3-0 in the first half Pep was going ballistic at him for it. He’s not used that before as he had carte balanche to do whatever he wanted without reprimand at Villa. It’s things like that which will push him to developing as a player. 

Statistically he’s getting the ball a lot more at City than he did at Villa. So far

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Statistically he’s getting the ball a lot more at City than he did at Villa. So far

In terms of raw touches? I would hope so, given City had near 90% of the possession today, and in general >60%. I don't know if there's a stat for it but I'd imagine as a percentage of his team's overall possession, it'd be lower now than at Villa.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well City will dominate possession in most games so that’s less surprising. What I meant was in comparison for how much (how often) he received the ball for Villa against our other players will far outweigh that against City. He’s used less as they have top talent all over, whereas he was our main top talent so everything went though him.

Edited by roonst83

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

In terms of raw touches? I would hope so, given City had near 90% of the possession today, and in general >60%. I don't know if there's a stat for it but I'd imagine as a percentage of his team's overall possession, it'd be lower now than at Villa.

4 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Well City will dominate possession in most games so that’s less surprising. What I meant was in comparison for how much (how often) he received the ball for Villa against our other players will far outweigh that against City. He’s used less as they have top talent all over, whereas he was our main top talent so everything went though him.

Well yeah but the OP said he barely touches the ball. Which just isn’t true. It probably is proportionally less than he did at Villa but I’m sure he’d have been prepared for that so I don’t think it’ll irk him. 

He’s getting the ball, he’s creating, he’s winning. I’m sure he’s just fine

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well yeah but the OP said he barely touches the ball. Which just isn’t true. It probably is proportionally less than he did at Villa but I’m sure he’d have been prepared for that so I don’t think it’ll irk him. 

He’s getting the ball, he’s creating, he’s winning. I’m sure he’s just fine

I think crucially for him (I don't actually know, I'm just speculating) he doesn't get as much time to keep the ball and work his magic which I always thought he enjoyed. Picking the lock so to speak.

I feel like even though he gets more touches now, they're more fleeting. Has to get it out of his feet quickly because that's what the system demands. I think he'll really only get to do it in counterattacks like their 3rd goal today. Was a flash of the Jack we know, but I think the days of seeing him drive the ball up from the halfway line are probably over, which is a shame. There's no more exciting player in transition than Jack I feel.

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That's how I see it too, villa yesterday made 384 passes, Man City made 757 its not hard to believe that statistically he's getting more touches

But then watching the 2nd half I can also say that there are times where he's wide open in a great position and the ball doesn't come his way whereas at villa it almost definitley would 

I did also see his stats from the arsenal game last season, 8 touches in their box (Kenneth) might not have done that yesterday 

It might not bother him, more likely that it will come which is why pep isn't subbing him right now, I'm sure during his over analysis it will come up "pass the ball to the wide open man" regardless of who it is

Also from what I saw yesterday sterling's summer of why pass to an open grealish when I can spin round 4 times, run down a cul de sac, get stood up by 2 defenders and then try and blast the ball through them is alive and well

• Like 2

Â