The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't saying Aston Villa isn't a proper club

dont expect people to apply context and reasoning...

saying man city are a proper club heading in the right direction of course implies that aston villa are neither of those things 🙄

there would be people frothing at the mouth if he said that water is wet

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

How convenient. His nice words about Villa yesterday was nothing more than PR rubbish but today his words are a deep seated unsubtle dig at his former club.

The mental gymnastics in here are incredible 🙈

Or he’s just not very bright 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Standard new signing bull shit, but he really should have thought about the words ‘proper football club’. But then he’s never been the brightest word removed.

i don't know if its not classed a colloquialism there's another word for it just an overused and used wrong phrase in the area

i definitely use "proper" way too much to describe good things, i wouldn't necessarily say they're a great football club, there's every chance that i would say they're a proper football club

"did you have a good holiday?" "yeah it was proper good" daft shit like that

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

dont expect people to apply context and reasoning...

saying man city are a proper club heading in the right direction of course implies that aston villa are neither of those things 🙄

there would be people frothing at the mouth if he said that water is wet

I think many people are still in the anger and bargaining stage

Good start to the season is what we'll need, and we'll quickly forget about all of this.

Look at what a healthy position we are as a club. None of of it would be possible without Jack Grealish.

He both massively raised our profile as a club and helped us get to this point with world class performances. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think many people are still in the anger and bargaining stage

Good start to the season is what we'll need, and we'll quickly forget about all of this.

Look at what a healthy position we are as a club. None of of it would be possible without Jack Grealish.

He both massively raised our profile as a club and helped us get to this point with world class performances. 

C’mon the revisionism, yes a truly fantastic player and elevated his game under Smith but let’s not pretend he did it alone. Especially with his injury record. 

• Like 1

But I do agree and find it a bit odd that his former teammates are congratulation him on the move.

It does indicate they all kind of look on Aston Villa as a development arena, and clubs like Man City being the main destination should you succeed.

Goes straight against what the owners are trying to build. They want us to  become elite, just like Man City.

I would just say good luck on your new challenge. Not congratulations.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

It’s been taken out of context. City are of course a proper football club, always have been even when they were struggling in the lower leagues. Nowadays it’s fantasy football up there, so yes they are certainly on the right path, but still not reached the pinnacle of European football just yet, although they keep winning league titles which some believe is the pinnacle. Villa has anyone with a fully functioning brain will know are also a proper football club, heading in the right direction compared to previous years. Unfortunately, City are big time, and we aren’t,  that doesn’t mean we can’t eventually get to that sort of level , but it will be very hard . The facts are anyone who becomes a top player at Villa gets poached by the so called bigger clubs . City have now had 4 of our top players in recent years. 

• Like 1

He's gone, so be it. Life and Villa move on. 

What annoys me though is we've defended him for years when everyone has said he's overrated, he's a diver, when he drink drives or parties etc.

Now finally everyone loves him and instead of us having a chance to enjoy that and say we were right, he leaves to 'move onto better things'. 

I also don't get why we bothered giving him a new contract if he demanded a release fee. He had years left on his deal and we could have just said 'alright, no payrise then'. What was the clubs actual benefit from giving him the new deal with the release fee? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But I do agree and find it a bit odd that his former teammates are congratulation him on the move.

Why wouldnt they? He was their colleague and in some cases, friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I also don't get why we bothered giving him a new contract if he demanded a release fee. He had years left on his deal and we could have just said 'alright, no payrise then'. What was the clubs actual benefit from giving him the new deal with the release fee? 

The benefit is we've gotten a record transfer fee, something we wouldnt have got without the release fee. He didnt Sol Campbell us, we've been supremely compensated.

53 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Proper football club that's going in the right direction?!  - What a complete word removed! 

Honestly wouldn’t get wound up by anything like that.

Their media people will have given him those stock lines - aligned to their targeted club ‘image’

much like every signing we make echoes the standard ‘big club, history, family club’ shpeel.

It’s the same at every single club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

The benefit is we've gotten a record transfer fee, something we wouldnt have got without the release fee. He didnt Sol Campbell us, we've been supremely compensated.

We would have got a record fee anyway and would have been able to negotiate above 100m. He wouldn't have done a Sol as he had years left on his deal and couldn't have left without us saying okay. 

Â