The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Emotions are raw. Sometimes it's best not to post at all if you can't conduct yourself in the right matter .

We're all upset. We're all hurting but **** me you're embarrassing.

Almost as embarrassing as the Euro bunny boiling saga everytime he didn't feature.

He's not your wife. He's not your boyfriend. He's not your lover.

Just now, villalad21 said:

How many in here will with guilty pleasure watch him in the UCL?

Let's say they are playing Real Madrid. Don't lie to me and say you ain't gonna watch it.

No thanks.

Would rather cover my gnads in honey and hump a pile of **** fire ants while getting shat on by **** seagulls.

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to come back for one post only and say **** off jack you spineless rat and shove that PR stunt statement where the sun dont shine. Fake

You turned your back on us. Enjoy being "just another player" at  city instead of "the man" at villa.

Cheerio

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Emotions are raw. Sometimes it's best not to post at all if you can't conduct yourself in the right matter .

We're all upset. We're all hurting but **** me you're embarrassing.

Almost as embarrassing as the Euro bunny boiling saga everytime he didn't feature.

He's not your wife. He's not your boyfriend. He's not your lover.

Surprised you can see us all from up there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was of the opinion £100m was a bit low - I though £120m would be more accurate.

But then looking at his time here objectively, how many top quality seasons have we had with him?

Liverpool semi final performance aside, I don’t think we’re going to include 2014/15

2015/16 - well, obviously not.

2016/17 - first season in the championship. I really have no Grealish related memories here. The late Brighton equaliser he scored. I’m sure he was fine. Not top quality or into his groove, I think that’s reasonable to say.

2017/18 - I think he kicked it up a notch here. Having said that, he did miss around a third of the season.

2018/19 - Kicking it up another notch here. Although again, missed around a third of the season.

2019/20 - Proving he can mix in the big boys league. Only a couple of games absent.

2020/21 - Similar to the previous season, again showing his talent. Missed a third of the season.

So how much is that? I’d say 4 top or high quality seasons (varying quality in the opposition of course). And over those 4 seasons he’s probably missed around 1 full season altogether through injury. 

This isn’t trying to be a rewriting of history. Or suggesting he won’t go on to be worth more (I think he will). But looking at it objectively, I think £100m for a player about to turn 26, who has probably given us altogether around 3 years of high quality performance (a sizeable proportion being in the championship), probably is quite a good deal for us when looked at like that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Shocking if he does , but everyone is entitled to voice their feelings. 

He'll get a mixed reception I guess.

Some will probably ignore him, some will welcome him back but I imagine there will be a fair amount that will be waiting for this game to show him how angry they are.

I can understand all reactions to be honest.

Personally - could never applaud him back after he turned his back on his "supposed" club.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Â