The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just saw a few pictures of him leaving the City training ground and he didn’t look like a bloke who was delighted to be there. Maybe the reality of it all has started to kick in, which is understandable!

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I might be wrong but I think this is the first actual evidence that the worst kept secret in football is happening! 

Ah well, no one is bigger than Aston Villa, and they never will be.

It’s like when you’re being dumped or cheated on but you’re still in denial thats it over. 

Just now, WHY said:

Just saw a few pictures of him leaving the City training ground and he didn’t look like a bloke who was delighted to be there. Maybe the reality of it all has started to kick in, which is understandable!

Pep probably told him to study an encyclopedia of football.

I left my first job after 10 years.  I was part of the furniture at that place, from trainee to fully fledged experienced employee.  Knew the place and the people inside out.

When I moved jobs it was horrible.  When I got round the corner and saw the office I dreaded going in, thought I had made a terrible error.  That went on for a few weeks then I only had those thoughts fleetingly in the few weeks after than and after a couple of months I was back in my stride at the new place.

Fortunately one of the directors at my old place had told me EXACTLY that was how I would feel and the process I would go through and he was absolutely right.

He also said if I moved again the whole process would be much easier and he was right on that as well, the change of environment isn't such a shock as you've moved and gone through it before.

I suspect Gresford is going through that process right now.  Hope he feels really uncomfortable and doesn't see this nugget of advice.:crylaugh:

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Anyone else softening a bit now it seems clear he did give the club enough warning (going back 12+ months) to line up a load of really good transfers?

I think it's a damn shame he's leaving, but the way FFP is structured, maybe it was the only way forward for us.

Well that’s what I was saying earlier. Clearly this has been his attitude for years so the owners and staff have clearly been prepared with a couple of scenarios every summer in the event this did happen. I just wish it happened earlier in the summer so the squad could have just a bit more time together before the season starts.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Going to see him in a city kit soon. Hurts doesn’t it :(  

I just want to see him out of the claret & Blue shirt, its the hypocrisy that hurts.

• Like 2

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well that’s what I was saying earlier. Clearly this has been his attitude for years so the owners and staff have clearly been prepared with a couple of scenarios every summer in the event this did happen. I just wish it happened earlier in the summer so the squad could have just a bit more time together before the season starts.

I don’t hate him. I can understand why he has made the move and I also think we’ll be better for it. It’s just such a shame to no longer be able to see such a top player week in week out for us. Really hope our new signings can fill the void. I’m confident they will.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I’m only gonna say it once to get it out my system because I’m over it, but:

Silly clearing in the woods.

I may be in the minority, and he is going to start winning things on Sunday, but I think he's made a massive mistake.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Thats the bit where, I feel cheated.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

No doubt...

"He learnt that at Villa" - which is true obviously.

To add to this. I guess one positive we can look towards is, having trained with him for so long, the team will know better than anyone how to handle him when going up against him. Obviously the matter of stopping him alongside the rest of man city comes in to play but at least we have some inside knowledge on how he plays. 

• Like 1

Â