The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 minutes ago, Thug said:

Well, I actually want him gone now.

yup thats how i feel, not in a nasty way, but i can see the 100m for him is gonna make a huge difference to our team, we already have Buendia, Bailey, Young & Ings (88m ish outlay already), and still probably have another 80m+ ish to go!

im really excited to see what our lineup will look like by the time the window closes with this cash injection.

Grealish can go stfu tho, plastic Jack.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I will not be shocked to wake up tomorrow to see that Jack has decided to stay at Villa, convinced that all these new signings will push us into Europe.

I would. Grealish is gone and you know what? I'm fine with that. He clearly isn't committed to the project so stuff him. We can reinvest that money and improve the team overall.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eliseav said:

Nail on head 

He’s going to go there and may well be the best player they have and win lots of stuff playing with the best players in the world ( in many respects you can’t blame him) 

and none of the other clubs who are in the big league will be that bothered cause they will still get the money for being failures.
Who will challenge them next year.

Scouse won’t 

untied won’t tie it back up 

Chelsea about as close as it gets but don’t think they’re in the same ball park. 
absoloute tosh the whole of football is. 

Look at soton they did brilliantly to get back up 10 years or so back…..put some real strong stuff together and have just been picked off with managers and players and now on there way out the league soon  

Gutted Jack is leaving as it means I’ll never be able to watch him again even for England cause all it will be is Man City this Man City that now he’s moved onto a different level since pep has him and with these better players 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

we all know he’s different level and England would have won the euros if that muppet would have played him  

ive seen McGrath 

ive seen Yorke

Hes different level 

he’s going to absolutely tear it up for them 

you all know it 

for a couple of seasons when pep was into him sterling was awesome and improved massively just see what jack does under him 

who wants my ticket for the game against them  

😪

that being said  I do think we’ll come out of this well  

I just wanted Jack to be prt of it all 

but then maybe it’s just his legs hypnotising me and actually he’s rubbish 🤣🤣

This is stream of consciousness stuff. 

The comparison to previous players is always a difficult one.

Yorke was magnificent  but tainted this because he is a word removed. But he looked magnificent even surrounded by good players.

McGrath was and is supreme. He was so much better than really good players around him, he was on a different level. Part of my love for him was his flawed genius stuff.

Grealish is imo one of the best players in Europe. He has given us some amazing goals, rotherham  and the derby goal from the corner, I'll remember for years. He has looked so much better because he has been surrounded by lesser players. I'll be genuinely interested how he progresses, I love him as a player and will watch him and his career . On one level I want him to be a success, on another I want him to fail.

I don't know which level on the stages of grief I'm at yet. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly don’t think he will be. Injuries, rotation, playing more of a team game etc. and he won’t be the same Jack he was at Villa.   Plus he’ll carry on getting fouled a lot.

I have a suspicion you could be right.....He will be different under pep, how different, I am not sure, heard they want him as a No8, thats Gundogan's shirt.....We'll have to see, but who cares.

1 minute ago, ben1505 said:

You still hopeful that he'll stay?

Of course. He's still a Villa player and we just signed Bailey and Ings on the same day. He might decide he still wants in on this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

This is stream of consciousness stuff. 

The comparison to previous players is always a difficult one.

Yorke was magnificent  but tainted this because he is a word removed. But he looked magnificent even surrounded by good players.

McGrath was and is supreme. He was so much better than really good players around him, he was on a different level. Part of my love for him was his flawed genius stuff.

Grealish is imo one of the best players in Europe. He has given us some amazing goals, rotherham  and the derby goal from the corner, I'll remember for years. He has looked so much better because he has been surrounded by lesser players. I'll be genuinely interested how he progresses, I love him as a player and will watch him and his career . On one level I want him to be a success, on another I want him to fail.

I don't know which level on the stages of grief I'm at yet. 

Very much so McGrath was just on another level.  
Jack is the only player I’ve felt like since macca when watching him I just felt we always had a chance because he was there.

At this point I really don’t think I’ll be able to watch him again but he’s just so good to watch it’s heartbreaking 

• Thanks 1

I'm sure I read he's already signed an agreement with City I don't think there's any turning back for him now. What wouldn't surprise me though is if he returned to us at some point in the future, there are some that don't like the pining for our former players but it seems almost inevitable that one day Grealish will return as much as people probably don't like that idea presently.

Hopefully in five years time we're in a much better position so other players are less likely to want to leave, that's the only way you're going to stop it from happening, if we ourselves are competing in Europe and seriously challenging for trophies, otherwise any extra talented players we have will want to leave and go somewhere where they can achieve something.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

If you forgive you’ve basically play into his hands, the pr firm him they have are counting on fans getting lazy to swallow the crap the comes out. He’s buggered off for more money and easy wins for medals, they bank on fans getting apathetic and that’s why these players get away with it. It’s good to be a militant fan base it lets players know to treat the club with respect or they will get shit. Jack has remained professional but he sold us all a lie last year the only wasn’t even dry and they were discussing this move

I'm totally with you in this. I wish for the fans to all turn their backs on him when he next walks out in front of them and boo him each tough of the ball followed by this song - in the loudest voices possible - "You weren't fit to wear our shirt. You weren't fit to wear our shirt". 

47 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I would. Grealish is gone and you know what? I'm fine with that. He clearly isn't committed to the project so stuff him. We can reinvest that money and improve the team overall.

Jack has been the golden boy, who has given us many happy moments, but some of his play was overlooked too, due to his stature with us.

I am now looking forward to a more balanced team, moving forward and I hope Dean can give us that. I'd be very interested to hear Deans true inner thoughts on the matter.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Football is broken, 350 mil net spend not even on bad players to be told you can't compete etc. Etc.

I don't know where football goes from here. My guess is as City and Chelsea buy the prem more and more teams won't be able to catch up until the prem is like La Liga or Serie A or Bundesliga. Boring as shit because there is no parity. There is a 6-0 every weekend and 2 or 3 clubs win 95% of titles. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We can’t replace the intangible stuff he brought but in terms of the nitty gritty goals and assists we probably have.

I’ve got no idea if he’ll be a success there, he’s shown that he can be a bit of an idiot, the price tag certainly won’t deflate the ego. The club better not give him a fawning, arse licking send off either, thanks for a couple of good seasons all the best in Abu Dhabi.

• Like 2

I've accepted the thing now, and i've made my peace with it. Was in North London today and didn't have internet and didn't bother to check any updates, I was expecting to come home and find the BBC article saying that he had signed a 5 year contract and would join the city camp training tommorow. Instead I came back to find out we had signed DANNY INGS!!! And we seemingly stole him under the noses from spurs, like we did Watkins, who they played hardball with regards to the fee and wages, as seems to be the case today with Ings.

So that news really pepped me up and tbh I'm looking forward to beginning the season and looking forward to watch a positive forward thinking team at Villa Park. The romantic in me is saying that its not over till its over with regards to Jack, and he might have a last minute change of heart. But, that seems unlikely, and I am glad I have got closure and have made peace with him not leading us out this year.

UTV

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jack has been the golden boy, who has given us many happy moments, but some of his play was overlooked too, due to his stature with us.

I am now looking forward to a more balanced team, moving forward and I hope Dean can give us that.

Yes, we should move on and focus on the positives. Grealish is just another player now, there is nothing special about him anymore.

We have great owners, as well as an excellent manager. I will put faith in Deano creating a great team.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

I can't imagine walking away from Villa now of all times. We are at the precipice of something special. He's a Villan, ancestrally. We offered him a huge raise too. He might live to have deep regrets about leaving.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

F**k him, he's a sly fox. Spouting all that crap about his club and his city. He wouldn't leave now, just 2 years back in the PL, if he was a true fan. He'd take us back to the top. I hope Matty Cash splatters him all over the Trinity Road stand when he faces him at Villa Park. 

That 5 year contract ....If his camp insisted on a buy out clause last season after the failed Man U bid..... it was an arrangement imo.....He gets his exit to his liking and we get a huge wedge.

so last season was just a charade and this move was semi arranged/ hanging around, all along.

Not moaning at £100 mill.....but just thinking this has been on the cards for some time. Our view of him has been manipulated.

Edited by TRO

Â