The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Well it does have a relatively decent following, and posts things fairly mundane in a way that most players do about their day at training. Bit bizarre really  🤷

The tweet was retweeted by AVFV official so I assume it's genuine account

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I am sad to see Grealish go, but we have signed Buendia and Bailey.

I know it's frustrating to lose Grealish, but our biggest weakness as a team was being a one player team.

The one benefit that could come from Grealish being sold is this great club figuring out how to be an actual team. We go to shit every season when Grealish gets injured, if we spend pre-season solving that issue then we're better off.

Watkins, Traore, Buendia and Bailey is insane. If we get those players to gel and working well together then we will not miss Grealish. 

Yes, I think we'll be a stronger team next season with or without Jack. I think the thing that should comfort everyone is that this is a club on the way up losing a player, not one in terminal decline which is where we were with Milner, Young, Downing, Benteke, Barry....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Really? It means so much to him and he loves it here, but a couple of weeks later he's out the door. I'd suggest he doesn't love it quite as much as he tried to have us believe.

Or he had a once in a lifetime opportunity that he decided to take?

Disputing his support for Villa and that he's loved playing for the club is utterly bizarre.  But, then, this thread is pretty bizarre.

• Like 2

At this moment everything for jack has been villa soon to become a city player.

Guys we will move on and stick with the villa, I personally think this move will destroy jack mentally.

This scenario is like when you've ended a relationship and lived with regret once it's gone it's gone.

As soon as he signs the contract this relationship ends but who will have more regret? .

Jack will win trophies and earn more money,but he will become a normal player with no special affiliation, he can and will be subbed,left out of starting lineup and not the go to guy. He will still crave his true love Aston VILLA who unfortunately for him will have moved on and left him behind.

Buckle up guys this juggernaut is ready to propel forward.

Just now, bobzy said:

Disputing his support for Villa and that he's loved playing for the club is utterly bizarre.  But, then, this thread is pretty bizarre.

I agree no need to trash him for going,  life's too short.

Don't agree it was a once in a lifetime opportunity though, coudl have comfortably stayed for one or two more years of his contract seen how it went with us and then had the pick of the best sides in Europe to go to.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

That's the thing, is it once in a lifetime? If he keeps the level up City/Barca/Real will still want him in 2022. So why not see if he can push with Villa this year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DublinVilla said:

“If” Grealish departs…..they’ve changed their tune a little. More false hope I’m sure but bread crumbs! 

Are we just trying to replace his hair then?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DublinVilla said:

“If” Grealish departs…..they’ve changed their tune a little. More false hope I’m sure but bread crumbs! 

If this is true cannot be more than £20mil he's in last year of contract and any higher than the fee I quoted it's a NO FOR ME

Just now, GodsBarkeep said:

Sorry full thing is 'TheReal AVFV ITK'

Ahh much better. 

i did do some digging though and you're right, the official villa page has linked that acc in their tweets, and it's exactly the same as name his Instagram account, which is official (hence the blue tick confusion from eariler), and has posted the same photos.

Probably just an oversight.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

I agree no need to trash him for going,  life's too short.

Don't agree it was a once in a lifetime opportunity though, coudl have comfortably stayed for one or two more years of his contract seen how it went with us and then had the pick of the best sides in Europe to go to.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

That's the thing, is it once in a lifetime? If he keeps the level up City/Barca/Real will still want him in 2022. So why not see if he can push with Villa this year?

Anything could happen this season which could lead to him missing out on a massive move.  A footballers' career is short.

With Man City right now, he gets to play alongside his apparent favourite player in the world (KDB) at his peak, driving towards achieving a first CL win for the club.  You're kidding yourself if you don't think that's a once in a lifetime move.

Â