The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, villa4europe said:

you disassociate the football fan from the football player, being villa through and through doesn't mean you'll stay here for your whole career, especially when he's so far ahead of where we as a team are

We're progressing well though and have made ambitious signings.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can people not change their mind?

Is it not possible that in an interview when he's just signed a new contract that he did think his future was at Villa?

12 months later after he's had a great season, a good Euros, become THE superstar of English football, and has one of the best clubs and managers in the world wanting to sign him for a record transfer on huge wages to play with some of the best players in the world, including his idol in KDB... is it not possible that that could change somebody's mind?

I'll never cease to be amazed at the narrow mindedness of Villa fans. As if we have a gods given right to keep every player we want to keep just because we're villa.

We're a midtable club. Our best players get sold. It happens. Get over it

Fair, but you've got to admit it's a little bit different when it comes to Grealish.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know some don't want to hear it.

However as i've said, you could see the billy big bollox attitude growing in him over the years.

His body language in some of our games, his constant digs about set piece takers at the Euros.

The unlimited smoke blowing up his ass and declarations that he can do no wrong won't have helped.

Frankly, I've been saying that for a while.

I don't care how it's spun, this is betrayal, and the manner of it.

No one player is bigger than the club, and it will be refreshing to not have to deal with this non stop.

If it doesn't work out for him, for any reason, I don't want any of this bollox Zaha style heros return either.

Bond is broken, no abuse, but no happy clapping from me.

I look forward to a TEAM fighting for each other, and I would absolutely LOVE it, if we somehow pulled off greater success without him.

I think our recruitment team have that in mind. Maybe Buendia’s tweet was a sly dig after all. 

10 minutes ago, trevor said:

As long as we spend the money wisely, it won’t be the massive blow it currently seems.

I don’t begrudge him the move with the opportunity to test himself against teams in Europe, but if he was to go, I’d rather he went to Chelsea

I have no interest in watching Manchester City, it’s just soulless football, so I’ll only be interested in him as an England player.

Personally, I’m sad because I don’t remember seeing another Villa player like him in 50 years down at VP, and probably never will again.

This is a really big test for us in terms of recruitment and integration of new players and I expect that we will rise to that.

Unfortunately we have no choice but to become expert in this respect, because while that Champions League remains a closed shop, we are going to experience this sort of thing with the likes of Watkins and Martinez in the future.

Exsqueeze me? Chelsea are  just as worse as City, just they got in five years earlier and now its impossible for anyone else to catch up.

Scum, the whole lot of em.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All I want is some proof, a dodgy photo or something.  These journalists and co have been saying this for 6 days now and we still have nothing.  It may very well be true but we have not seen one iota of anything apart from reporters reporting each other.  Give me something concrete and I will agree, I’m just asking for anything of that nature.

The only proof you will have is when it's officially announced as you seem to only accept that as evidence. 

But surely you know these deals are conducted for weeks, sometimes months before they're made official. 

Every respected source has confirmed it is happening. You can't really believe they're all just guessing. It's getting to real head in sand status at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But how people can begrudge him the move is beyond me. He's far too good for us and he could have left any time over the past 5 years if he'd really wanted to.

I really don’t understand how you can be so defeatist, buddy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because for some of us, the club takes priority every time and in his shoes, we wouldn't have gone to City. It all really depends on your perspective and what you value in life. 

Bollocks. If you were in his shoes you'd have left too. He's a professional footballer, has the chance to win the european cup, the league, treble his wages, work under one of the greatest managers of all time, etc. 

The begrudgery is laughable. Good luck to him he owes us nothing and will go down as one of the best players we've ever had. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But none of us have ever been in his shoes and never will.

None of us can say in his position we wouldn't go to City because we have no idea what it feels like.

It's nonsense

I’m sorry I don’t agree.  Yes I haven’t been in his place but I have made major life changing decisions that are comparable to a major decision and thus I know based on that I would stay at Villa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But none of us have ever been in his shoes and never will.

None of us can say in his position we wouldn't go to City because we have no idea what it feels like.

It's nonsense

I agree with the bit in bold but not with the rest - we can only go by our own experience, values and thoughts. 

If I were offered the two opportunities now, I'd go with being a Villa legend all day long. 

It's purely hypothetical, sure, but that's what I'd choose. 

Just now, bobzy said:

Fair, but you've got to admit it's a little bit different when it comes to Grealish.

Of course it is. Because he's an academy graduate and he's so so good.

If another graduate who wasn't as good was leaving the club for someone better we wouldn't care. 

Grealish being so good is why people are turning against him

Looks like the delay was just making sure we got Bailey in before the price went up.

Bye then Jack, good luck and thanks for everything. 

I do think Mr Grealish has actually just made the biggest mistake of his life to be honest. We're going places with or without him, now any pictures of him winning stuff he'll have to look back on he'll be wearing the wrong shirt.

• Like 2

Â