The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Leave last summer after keeping us up on the last day of the season, I’d say good luck and all the best. 

Leave a year into a five year deal, jumping ship on the project you said you wanted to be part of, abandoning what you have called your club a week before the new season, after a season in which the biggest obstacle for a European challange was your own f***ing injury problems? Yeah, not so much. 

I’d certainly boo him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Midfielder said:

Agreed, and there was no need to turn up at the kit launch at all if this was a likely move. Why even turn up to photo shoots commencing the new season's kit if you weren't to be there for fixture one. All minutiae now I guess. 

Done months ago. Villa probably only knew this 100% happening a few weeks ago. The away kit Grealish's mug was nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's a fantastic player. I'm not sure there's any evidence to support him being a fantastic bloke, especially if his off the field antics are anything to go by.

I'll show him the respect he showed us. 

Yep, im fine with that. I'd applaud him when he comes back to play us. Whistle goes, i hope withing the sporting nature of the game, we kick him from pillar to post.

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

who do i need to send money to to chip in for this banner. all over this

Something like this, just knocked it up very quick (should be working but haha!)

image.thumb.png.ef99a388721f6153042144063b22a1d3.png

Ok, now I can get back to work.

But on a serious note, it's just disappointing. You don't say 'my club my city' and then move when the project seems like it's clearly moving forward. The guy is not even 26 yet. If we stay at mid table, move next season, no problem. But the timing is poor. And the PR is poor. 

Out of all the 'evil' team I like man city best (not to say I like them much) and I'm sure he will win stuff there. But don't come out and say shit if it's your boyhood club and then move with 4 years on the contract. 

If he stayed and we got CL and won a couple of cups in the next 3/4 years the guy would have had a statue outisde VP. Now he will sit on a bench in Istanbul or Vienna on Tuesdays, with a likely starting appearance against Bayern when they lose another quarterfinal. 

• Like 3

I am totally sure that our owners have planned for this outcome, based on the similar goings on last Summer. Contracts mean nothing and I am sure they already have other options lined up

• Like 1

Can't help but feel Southgate has let us down here too, massively. Grealish could have featured far more often in the Euros, and that would have driven his price up further, and avoided the resentment in Grealish's mind that Villa have held him back from regular England caps.

• Like 1

Greasy goes down too easy for me, hogs the ball for too long and generally slows the attack. We now have proper pace which will make us 100% more threatening mixed with the silky skills of an Argentine number 10 to unlock when pace fails 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, delboy54 said:

I am totally sure that our owners have planned for this outcome, based on the similar goings on last Summer. Contracts mean nothing and I am sure they already have other options lined up

The speed of the Bailey transfer shows that. 

These are serious businessmen who plan far ahead for every eventuality 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, djdabush said:

So I think we can all agree that he's an overrated diver who slows the play down too much and Mason Mount is way better than him, right?

good point, we should use the £100m on Mount, at least that way we could say we spent £100m on a regular England starter

• Haha 1

Â