The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, useless said:

I'm not just saying this out of wishful thinking, but Simon Jones of the daily mail is genuinely one of the most unreliable reporters for Villa news, I'm not sure I've seen one of his stories come true.

Also he was training with us yesterday evening and was seen walking off the pitches with Smith and O'Kelly, I doubt he's then going to sign for City the very next day.

Quick Google and you can see he got Vidal to United correct in 2014 😂

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

Thats done then. And strangely i do not feel as bad . The last week has meant all the fear of being dumped by the love of your life has been replaced by wondering what else is out there on tinder that might be better.

Shame you have blown legendary status for immediate personal glory in my eyes

Agreed on both counts. If it happened quickly last week I'd have been devastated. After all this **** around though... just get it over with, it's boring.

Don't let the door hit you on the shins on the way out Jack.

• Haha 2

Hedged their bets. With the volume of stories floating around, do you think if they get it wrong it will stop people clicking on their next speculative article.

I hate the Mail, but I clicked on it to read it. It works, unfortunately. 

Cue other reports now where The Scum will say "GREALISH DEALS TODAY".....according to Simon Jones of the Mail.

33 minutes ago, turvontour said:

If this drags on another few days, might he play Saturday? That would be an odd atmosphere, if still not resolved either way.

If he played he would be staying, if he doesn’t he’d be leaving. The heel injury would avoid that and enable this circus to roll into next week. 

To be brutally honest, I'll be more p*ssed off if Jack stays than if he goes because all this nonsense is just going to repeat every few months !

The biggest failing of last season was having a team built around one player such that when that one player was missing, we fell apart. That is no basis for building a top ten side and I suspect the club knows that and recognise that £100M is worth more to us than keeping Jack if it means we can bring in 2 or 3 more top players in the attacking half of the pitch.

We can't lose here so lets just get it done and get the focus back on the team. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Jesus lads, a lot are starting to sound like JulieB with Kiyotake.

It's very very clear what is happening now. 2 days ago, yeah cool it was all a bit weird and we were hoping for 50/50 but look at it all.

He hasn't signed yet so there's always a chance, but it's very clear which way the wind is blowing at the minute. This thread is starting to read like an insane asylum

Quick Maths GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

There’s literally nothing in that report. 

The headline is a brave choice that could blow up in their face, and obviously send us Villa fans into meltdown, but the report itself is pretty crap. 

• Confused 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

If he does leave today I wonder how the club will present it. Will it be a long statement and a Purslow interview, or a short  1-2 sentences and then just removing any Grealish stuff on the website like something out of 1984?

Would imagine just a couple of sentences and then remove him from everything and forget he ever existed would be my guess. 

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

they have really stuck their necks on the line with this. that sounds very definite to me

Agreed,  that looks really bad.

Breaking is the bit that is bad but it is the heil so it could be a gamble on their part but breaking news is usually never wrong as its breaking.

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I’m depressed!!!

over my time of seeing so many of our top players scooped up by the so called top clubs it now looks like it’s happening again.

I thought this time it will be different, a Villa fan (one of our own) ambitious owners, a club on the up…..

But whats the point of it all?

How on earth are we supposed to break into the top group if all that happens is your top players get there heads turned and then leave? 

All that will happen is players will get moneyballed and that just continues to break up your progress. 

I fear we are forever destined to be a feeder club.

☹️☹️☹️

Three Villa captains in 12 years lured away by the oil mancs.... sickening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he does leave today I wonder how the club will present it. Will it be a long statement and a Purslow interview, or a short  1-2 sentences and then just removing any Grealish stuff on the website like something out of 1984?

Hopefully very little fanfare. We've agreed to sell him and he's gone, and that's the end of it. Once it happens, if it happens, he's nothing to us anymore, just another player for a cheating horrible snakey 6 club. He had his chance to be something more and sold it down the river... **** him.

• Like 2

Â