The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Will be confirmed today apparently, bye Jack.

I thought his medical was a week ago? Is your 'apparently' as reliable as that or do you know anything?

Think we're reading far too much into the training thing and interacting with fans etc. Same as the shirts in the shop. He's a Villa player until he's not. The club aren't going to start choreographing and stage managing things around him just to placate fans on the internet. He'll just turn up and train as normal until something happens.

• Like 1

I’m depressed!!!

over my time of seeing so many of our top players scooped up by the so called top clubs it now looks like it’s happening again.

I thought this time it will be different, a Villa fan (one of our own) ambitious owners, a club on the up…..

But whats the point of it all?

How on earth are we supposed to break into the top group if all that happens is your top players get there heads turned and then leave? 

All that will happen is players will get moneyballed and that just continues to break up your progress. 

I fear we are forever destined to be a feeder club.

☹️☹️☹️

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

I’m depressed!!!

over my time of seeing so many of our top players scooped up by the so called top clubs it now looks like it’s happening again.

I thought this time it will be different, a Villa fan (one of our own) ambitious owners, a club on the up…..

How on earth are we supposed to break into the top group if all that happens is your top players get there heads turned and then leave? 

All that will happen is players will get moneyballed and that just continues to break up your progress. 

☹️☹️☹️

£100,000,000 is the point. 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

they have really stuck their necks on the line with this. that sounds very definite to me

Yeah they must be confident to put a timeline on.

Just now, imavillan said:

I’m depressed!!!

☹️☹️☹️

That's FFP for you. Doesn't allow clubs to progress quick enough to keep your best players (unless you have some freakish season), but will forever allow the clubs at the top to come in and take our players. The whole thing is shit. 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

When is there ever quotes? That'll come after the fact. There's so very very rarely ever quotes in anything  

A real source gives the reporter a quote. 

• Confused 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

When is there ever quotes? That'll come after the fact. There's so very very rarely ever quotes in anything  

No mention of even the lazy insider sources

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Think we're reading far too much into the training thing and interacting with fans etc. Same as the shirts in the shop. He's a Villa player until he's not. The club aren't going to start choreographing and stage managing things around him just to placate fans on the internet. He'll just turn up and train as normal until something happens.

get out of here with your reasonable and weighted comment. This isn't the place or the time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not just saying this out of wishful thinking, but Simon Jones of the daily mail is genuinely one of the most unreliable reporters for Villa news, I'm not sure I've seen one of his stories come true.

Also he was training with us yesterday evening and was seen walking off the pitches with Smith and O'Kelly, I doubt he's then going to sign for City the very next day.

Thats done then. And strangely i do not feel as bad . The last week has meant all the fear of being dumped by the love of your life has been replaced by wondering what else is out there on tinder that might be better.

Shame you have blown legendary status for immediate personal glory in my eyes

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

I’m depressed!!!

☹️☹️☹️

We lost David Platt and bought loads of players who saw us finish 2nd in the league.

You can lose a star player and improve overall.  We were never close whilst Platt played for us.

People point to more recent sales and how we've squandered the money, but in those cases the club was a basket case.  This mob will spend it well, and then spend more, they want this.  This will be nothing more than a hiccup on the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

£100,000,000 is the point. 

I get this point but at the same time am not convinced that we can spend £100,000,000 in a way that puts us in a better position than Grealish staying at the club.

If you continually lose your better players then there really is no point. If Leon Bailey performs then he'll be the next to go in a year or two's time and it becomes impossible to compete. Its always been the way but to have it happen with a Villa fan at a time when the club is on the up is particularly tough to take.

• Like 1

Â