The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If Collymore is right and we’ve already accepted the bid, then I hope that’s because we know Jack’s shins will only give him another three years. 

Jack in three years:

640560.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

This time yesterday almost everyone was convinced he was staying because of videos from the hotel and official twitter posting videos that included Grealish.

We're not fickle. We just don't like long protracted transfer dramas 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like how Percy reported the 100m bid and then bounced. He let the Sam Lees, CJ Golsons, Stan Collymores of the world duke it out in the darkness.

Lol probably because that's the only bit of info that's actually been released by either club.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I like how Percy reported the 100m bid and then bounced. He let the Sam Lees, CJ Golsons, Stan Collymores of the world duke it out in the darkness.

That's the last piece of factual info on this saga. I guess their would be more but that would require someone within the Villa camp to leak it. 

It's like we are getting this entire saga from one side, City's. 

• Like 1

90% sure he’s gone if i’m honest and can sort of accept it.

I trust the regime we now have in place to invest the money wisely and it will (hopefully) leave us in a better place over the long term.

Let’s not forget that even Man City took a good few years to become the force they are today and we can’t expect to be a top 4 side overnight even with Grealish, although undoubtedly it will be harder without him.

Its going to be difficult to replace him, but we’ve certainly been in a lot worse predicaments in the last decade.

The meltdown is going to be ridiculous no doubt!

14 minutes ago, dappadan said:

Round and round in neverending circles here.

For me if he was staying he would have signed a new deal already. 

I can believe he wouldn't have signed it already but I don't believe he would be having a 2 day kick around with the rest of our squad when he and his agent should be with the Citeh robots finalising the deal.  This is what makes no sense to me. 

I'm pretty sure if Villa had accepted an offer they would be perfectly OK with him not being at training and meeting up with Citeh kicking the tyres on the deal. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I've changed my tune now... before I could understand him wanting to move and play for honours, but after watching that video I posted earlier, I now can't understand why a Villa fan would want to leave us, when we are improving so much. He's got the dream of captaining his boyhood team into a new and exciting era as well as raising our profile further due to his newly found superstar status. It's not as though we're a 3rd division team and he has to move... we've got a real strong team now and could surprise people this coming season. Top 6 is a real possibility, and from there, who knows. 

I'd be very disappointed if he left to join an 'oven ready' superstar team that plays in a soulless stadium, in front of unappreciative supporters. Man City fans used to class... they've been replaced by a new breed of glory-hunters, tourists and blowhards. I guess a side effect of success. 

Come on Jack, become a legend at the club you love... or be another cog in an expensive wheel, that no-one cares about. 

Yep. 

How many players get the opportunity to end their career with a statue outside the stadium and a club legend? 

Especially at the club they've been at since a kid. 

It's a huge thing to throw away for chance of medals. Medals now will be success to him but which would mean more 30 years from now?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've changed my tune now... before I could understand him wanting to move and play for honours, but after watching that video I posted earlier, I now can't understand why a Villa fan would want to leave us, when we are improving so much. He's got the dream of captaining his boyhood team into a new and exciting era as well as raising our profile further due to his newly found superstar status. It's not as though we're a 3rd division team and he has to move... we've got a real strong team now and could surprise people this coming season. Top 6 is a real possibility, and from there, who knows. 

I'd be very disappointed if he left to join an 'oven ready' superstar team that plays in a soulless stadium, in front of unappreciative supporters. Man City fans used to class... they've been replaced by a new breed of glory-hunters, tourists and blowhards. I guess a side effect of success. 

Come on Jack, become a legend at the club you love... or be another cog in an expensive wheel, that no-one cares about. 

The thing for me is why this season after he supposedly had the chance to leave last year? I would've understood after just scraping survival, but after a season where his injury was the difference between us making Europe and where we ended up that would really disappoint me.

• Like 2

It could well something along these lines:

City enquire about if Grealish would be open to the move on these rough terms through his agent. He indicates yes.

Agent advises Villa that City will be making a bid of around £100m and that Grealish is open to the idea of moving under the terms. The club advise that if Grealish wants to go for that money and a bid is made they'll put a new contract to him alongside City's terms and allow him to make the decision. The club think £100m is about the right value for them to build without him.

City and their journalists get word that the transfer is on because Grealish has accepted terms in principle and that the club will accept the bid if it comes in.

City make the bid, Sam Lee and others are cocksure about the formality of little old Villa lying down in front of the might of City.

Villa accept the bid in terms of value only, present new terms for Grealish to stay and allow him to make the decision.

In the meantime, the reality of the move sets in with Grealish. His family, his grandad, all the Villa supporting celebs who love him for being Mr Villa and the very real problems of empty trophies playing with world class players Vs a statue outside Villa Park. And that Villa's business is actually genuinely exciting.

Perhaps he's now actually torn and is taking time to decide.

• Like 2

Why do people think Grealish is going to get a statue outside the ground if stays with, unless he does something remarkable like captain us to a League title or European Cup win then it isn't going to happen. It's quite demeaning to the club to suggest that players should get a statue just for being a good and for not leaving.

Edited by useless
missed some words out and don't feel like adding them.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

There is a lot of evidence come on. It could still go either way. But whatever way you think it may go there's evidence to support both. Lots of it.

No disrespect but I don’t think you understand what evidence means then. Evidence is not a quantity of speculation.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If that's true, why are we negotiating with them at all. That's what I want to know. The message should be loud and clear: it's £150m or nothing. Put the money down or piss off.

The 3rd option I think people are missing here is not signing for City and not extending on his existing Villa contract.

Just give it another year to see where the club goes.

If we still finish mid table and don't see lots of progress he'd be in the right to leave next summer. If we kick on and exceed expectations, get in the top 6 he might decide to commit.

I think it's the correct and most sensible option imo. Guy still is only 25 so he isn't in a rush yet like Kane.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

If that's true, why are we negotiating with them at all. That's what I want to know. The message should be loud and clear: it's £150m or nothing. Put the money down or piss off.

Because, with the greatest of respects to Jack Grealish, £100m is a hell of a lot of money?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

This is taking up far too much of my spare and non spare time.

Agreed it’s pissing me off if I’m honest. I love Jack, of course I do, but I love Villa a lot lot more. 

If he stays great but the sooner this is done  either way the better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Why do people think Grealish is going to get a statue outside the ground if stays with, unless he does something remarkable like captain us to a League title or European Cup win then it isn't going to happen. It's quite demeaning to the club to suggest that players should get a statue just for being a good and for not leaving.

If they're good enough, if they achieve enough they become heroes, legends, if he lifts those trophies, with his talent he can become our greatest ever player. 

He gets a statue all day long for me.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

With our owners anything is possible given time

Â