The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe Villa have just ignored the bid and not told Jack about it.  He’s been on holiday he won’t have been following the news.

And there was no mentioned of it on Ceefax

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

A new contract at Villa is on the table. He’s been back for a few days so if staying was Jack’s first choice it would’ve been done already.

Logically the only reason for this being strung out is Citeh failing to meet whatever valuation Villa has put on Jack, be that the mythical £100m clause or whatever.

Highly likely. City have probably structured deals for Jack and Kane to try to get both, but neither us nor Spurs are happy with the how the deals are laid out so it's stalled while they try to meet our requirements. <- Pessimistic hat.

Or the lawyers are just re-writing Jack's new contract which has been upped since the bid and everything has to be signed off by Nas and Wes in different time zones before he signs. <- Optimistic hat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I actually think this is pretty close to the money. If he wanted to stay the new deal if on the table would've been signed the moment he got back from his hols. 

New contracts take weeks. No way you'd just land and sign a new lucrative contract. That's called living in dream land. Doesn't work like that.

• Like 2

I actually think this is pretty close to the money. If he wanted to stay the new deal if on the table would've been signed the moment he got back from his hols. 

Nah cos there will be things he will want changed and amended in the contract, the lawyers will be going over it from bother sides etc, literally could take days/weeks to get a contract both sides are happy with. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Really? Have you got examples to back this up?

I think most players continue as they are until the deal is agreed. Unless they do something like Kane has to force a move. 

I don't think the deal is complete at this point. Absolutely not. I believe its being negotiated in the background and Jack will remain professional until its solved one way or the other. 

But you think he’s going but I don’t understand based on what?

1 minute ago, Villaphil said:

This has me worried….  A dig at Jack ?

124B1804-149E-4E6A-A924-0EC8BA86CC47.jpeg

You do realise that the earth does not revolve around JG10? & if it is I am glad the players have a bit a fight in em' about this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

New contracts take weeks. No way you'd just land and sign a new lucrative contract. That's called living in dream land. Doesn't work like that.

Who said he needs to be present. This will have been probably going on weeks if not a month or two already.

16 minutes ago, Awol said:

Not really. My latest evidence free working hypothesis is: 

A new contract at Villa is on the table. He’s been back for a few days so if staying was Jack’s first choice it would’ve been done already.

Logically the only reason for this being strung out is Citeh failing to meet whatever valuation Villa has put on Jack, be that the mythical £100m clause or whatever.

Jack is tiptoeing around like the star in a proof of life video because he wants to go, he knows we know that, and Citeh, having put him in this position, are now doing their finest souk trader impression trying to bargain the price down. 

Things will get progressively more awkward until Citeh either meet his valuation or he gives up leaving and signs a new contract out of sheer embarrassment. 

This or the deal is done but city have agreed for it not to be made public until we have suitable replacements to avoid us being bummed with transfer fees.  That would also explain why he’s doing something resembling training. You can guarantee if this gets to the weekend he won’t be involved against Seville. 

• Haha 1

Who said he needs to be present. This will have been probably going on weeks if not a month or two already.

Orrrrrr he’s been on holiday all week and not spoken to his agent or lawyers about contracts up until yesterday.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'd feel more confident if there were videos of Jack doing more "contact" type training tbh. Seems like he's barely kicked a ball. Though, haven't really seen anyone doing much with a football from the videos we've seen. 

He's just come back from holiday. None of the players would have done contact training (maybe light ball work) when they come back off their holibobs. He's about 3 weeks behind the majority of the squad (those that had a free summer). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Nah cos there will be things he will want changed and amended in the contract, the lawyers will be going over it from bother sides etc, literally could take days/weeks to get a contract both sides are happy with. 

Same again....Do you honestly think Jacks agent has been sitting on their backside waiting for him to come back off holiday? The only thing Jack needs to do is decide and sign the contract. This will have been going on for some time already if it's close one way or another. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

And what if it hasn't been going on for a month or two?

What if we spoke to him about a potential new contract before his holiday but then whilst he was away we received a bid from the $hitholes and are now discussing a totally different contract with him?

Either way, you don't just get off a plane and then the next minute sign a record breaking contract. His agent would be in talks for at least several days.

Â