The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Tayls said:

A good faith clause… if a bid arrives at a certain amount then negotiations can take place. Different to a release clause! 

Ah OK. Negotiation can take place then, which can end with us telling City to get **** - in good faith.

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I hope this is just to not get a significant loyalty bonus from us as this is so close to done anyway. 

In the article it says `reportedly' twice, then later references a `report' in the Daily Star.

Must be true then.

24 minutes ago, FrannyLee1968 said:

The net spend in that time is around £530m.

Net spend 1880 - 2008 £50m

trophies won 1880 - 2008 - 8

trophies bought for 2008 - present - 13

You and chelsea are destroying the game.

European cups - 0🤪

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think he will flop at City, Smith lets him play how he wants. At City Pep micro management wont allow him to do that, will also see him get less of the ball

I was thinking the same. Unlikely, but certainly possible. He has freedom at Villa, a blank canvas every fresh 90 minutes. He's the focal point, the player everything is built around, and the captain. DeBruyne is that guy ay City, instantly relegating Jack to lesser status and importance, with less of the ball and less total playing time. It could effect his performances, and he will be under much more pressure to deliver.

Think he'll be a huge success at City IF he goes. He'll probably have less minutes overall due to Peps rotational style but that will probably help Jack and his stress injury issue. Southgate will make him a regular starter too just because he's not playing for Villa anymore lol.

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What the hell is a faith clause? 

In the contract it says this:

"Baby, I know you're askin' me to stay
Say "Please, please, please don't go away"
You say I'm givin' you the blues
Maybe you mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, birdman said:

Think he'll be a huge success at City IF he goes. He'll probably have less minutes overall due to Peps rotational style but that will probably help Jack and his stress injury issue. Southgate will make him a regular starter too just because he's not playing for Villa anymore lol.

If he goes, who gives a crap what happens then for him.  He’s not a Villa player at that point so it doesn’t matter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Fair play to the fans singing positively about Jack. I half expected the worst.

He hasn’t gone! He’s still a Villa player.  Ok things may change but they may not.  At the moment he’s a Villa player.

The hate is if he goes

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

You have probably noticed.

They are in this thread right now.

Oh they're everywhere. They'll be obviously heavily embedded in City online circles, but they probably have roots around all the PL and larger European clubs.

There's one twitter  account I'll have to try and find. Goes after journalists and even whoever the journo writes for with whataboutery whenever they write anything negative about City. Very in-depth and quotes all sorts of rule clauses and things. It's like some City solicitor or something.

Then you get City fans content in their spending a billion pounds in five years, thinking it's normal. Very impressive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

In the contract it says this:

"Baby, I know you're askin' me to stay
Say "Please, please, please don't go away"
You say I'm givin' you the blues
Maybe you mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules"

The first time I've ever run out of likes on this forum and you post this 😂👏

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

However I don’t think it’s a coincidence City have swooped in for our best player. I think we are becoming more of a future ‘threat’. They cherry-picked us when we were last competitive. I think Jack is great, but damaging us is part of the allure for City in my opinion. 

This club is so much bigger than Jack Grealish - just got to hope the people in charge know what they are doing and reinvest this money to make us stronger.

Spot on. 

I think it will be really gutting seeing him do well at City if he goes, and I think that's understandable because him being 'one of us' and a Villa through-and-through is part of the reason we love Jack. I'll try not to actively wish him ill but I think feelings of betrayal and intense disappointment are completely valid.

'Mr Aston Villa' has put massive question marks over the Villa project that put him at it's center and that's tough to swallow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TH said:

It’s a shame how this is playing out. We were just starting to get a settled squad built around Jack.

If Jack goes it’s going to be hard to keep the project on track. Will players like Watkins, Emi, Mings stick around or will they look to move on sooner rather than later?

Hope he stays but can’t see it happening. 

Course they'll stay. Watkins and Mings are at their level for now. Martinez is the only of those you could argue would want a move, but even he's very happy.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I don't like all this disrespecting of Jack, he ain't gone yet and to be fair, we still have no idea if he will. Some will look complete fools if he decides to stay.

I'll be celebrating like it's 1999 if he stays.

Agreed, after some of the bits I'd seen in this thread and online though I feared the worst. 

Glad the fans in the stadium are still singing his name

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If he goes, who gives a crap what happens then for him.  He’s not a Villa player at that point so it doesn’t matter.

Of course but I'm just countering some of the posters who think he'll fail. We love Jack for his amazing talent and that isn't just going to evaporate overnight IF he leaves for Man City.

Â