The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

I also sincerely hope that when people get over the initial hype of the move…

they do remember a player who literally dragged us out of the championship back to a stable PL club (with the help of owners that created an environment we didn’t NEED to sell him)

Every player has their price. £100m is pure profit we all need to remember too. How many regular transfers would that typically take?

Apart from **** the club 'he loves' season by doing it less that two weeks before the season and also pissing off the moment someone actually made a bid for him. Its always been about Jack and only Jack 

• Like 2

Wonder how much not getting time for England has impacted him. The one person to boo here is Southgate, should be banned from Villa Park. If he goes to City I bet he's never on the bench for England again.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Trying to work out, if there's a release clause and we're in negotiations, what exactly are we negotiating? The structure of the payment? Typically when a release clause has been triggered, it's reported by the media as such. Notable recent examples for us are Delph and Benteke. I do remember Liverpool trying to negotiate a deal below the release clause though, could this be what it is? Is there even a release clause? For all the journalists tripping over themselves trying to cover this story, they don't have cover it in mystery and confusion.

Seems to me like they got wind of a £100m release clause and had made various attempts at fulfilling it - deals with add-ons and players involved etc - but they weren't to Villa's liking. They've now made a £100m up front offer and Villa have no choice but to accept it as it is in a legally binding contract. That leaves Man Shitty free to approach Jack and put their offer of a contract in front of him. 

If that is where we're at it all now boils down to question of whether Jack takes their offer and goes there for what he believes is instant success or whether his love for Villa and being Captain etc is enough to keep him here. 

If he goes it is all about him wanting to win trophies and not waiting/trying to get that with Villa. 

For me, if he goes, I don't wish him well and I don't want him to succeed. I won't ever boo him but I'll never acknowledge him either. He will just be another player at another club. 

Edited by Villarocker

We didn’t have the option to accept the bid also.

After just surviving to stay up Grealish’s agent definitely negotiated a release clause otherwise that 5 year deal would not have been signed.

It looks like the release clause has been triggered.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

That Doesn't Make Any Sense GIFs | Tenor

It shouldn't do, but this has been discussed in off-topic before and various people were seeing different page numbers depending on if they were viewing mobile or laptop or with different browsers. I assumed everyone would be the same, but apparently not! 

Just now, Steero113 said:

The question for all of the haters out there is...

What is the crowds choice of vegetable to throw at him next season? You can't have cabbage that's been done. 

I think we settled on water balloons full of piss

22 minutes ago, Tayls said:

The most recent example is Young… he left, we booed him, he’s back, we’ll support him. If you play for Villa, you are one of us. 

I was quite young when Staunton played for us, so didn’t notice any toxicity towards him, if there was any? 

Not that i remember he went from villa, Liverpool, villa, Liverpool over his career.

Just now, Xela said:

It shouldn't do, but this has been discussed in off-topic before and various people were seeing different page numbers depending on if they were viewing mobile or laptop or with different browsers. I assumed everyone would be the same, but apparently not! 

Oh fair enough didn't know that!

Bugger, was happy that I could finally get an Anchorman gif out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

We didn’t have the option to accept the bid also.

After just surviving to stay up Grealish’s agent definitely negotiated a release clause otherwise that 5 year deal would not have been signed.

It looks like the release clause has been triggered.

If not a release clause definitely a gentleman's agreement 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

The question for all of the haters out there is...

What is the crowds choice of vegetable to throw at him next season? You can't have cabbage that's been done. 

Get a large carrot, Shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it straight up his candy ass!”

• Haha 2

Just now, Xela said:

Yea doesn’t the desktop view show more posts per page? Unless it has changed on a recent update… 

2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

we are still a business ultimately. Only Man City, PSG and the Spanish Duo run off blank check books in world football.

I know what you’re saying…but in the last we have lost out on not selling players at their ‘peak’ value.

imagine we kept him and he got crocked 5 games in. We must use this as a FFP buffer, invest well and build a squad…which were half way to doing…which I know makes it more agonising.

Players hold the power these days. No matter what you do. All a club can EVER do is retain as high a value as possible through protecting their ‘asset’ contractually. Once they want to leave it’s a question of how much…for EVERY club except Man City in the PL.

Rubbish mate.  So you want to sell him just in case he gets injured.  You want to sell him for FFP buffer.  You want to bend over even though Jack signed the deal 10 months ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Steero113 said:

Oh fair enough didn't know that!

Bugger, was happy that I could finally get an Anchorman gif out. 

Never a bad time for a Ron Burgundy gif.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

You can set it to 10 or 15 posts per page somewhere, I have a vague memory of changing it once and now see 15 (I'm sure that was here) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s a weird situation. I still hope we haven’t accepted the offer. 

But if it is accepted, I fully expect Jack to go. 
We’re basically asking him not to be as ambitious as we want to be as a club. 

We're asking a lifelong fan and our Captain to give the project another year to get us back into Europe which it's fully on the cards unless he abandons us a couple of weeks before the season starts.

He'll get nothing but hostility from me if he leaves like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Get a large carrot, Shine it up real nice, turn it sideways, and stick it straight up his candy ass!”

We now know how you'd like to live out your fantasy with him but, how would you react to him leaving Villa? 😉

• Haha 1

Â