The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Jack will be made for life financially , but football wise it could end up being a bad move for him. Should he have another episode of his shin injury at Man city it won't be like it is here and back in the team straight away. He will have to get past Kdb , sterling and the like of foden to even get back off the bench.

21 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

If Jack leaves and we end up playing the soulless in a cup final and he scores or assists the winning goal, how will that make people feel and will it affect how he is remembered?

It's pretty important we win a trophy or two and ideally make the CL while Jack is in his prime.

Either we cement his legacy if he's here, or he can suffer the regret of missing out if he's left. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Jack will be made for life financially , but football wise it could end up being a bad move for him. Should he have another episode of his shin injury at Man city it won't be like it is here and back in the team straight away. He will have to get past Kdb , sterling and the like of foden to even get back off the bench.

He will become the Jamie Tartt of football.....

• Haha 1

Trying to work out, if there's a release clause and we're in negotiations, what exactly are we negotiating? The structure of the payment? Typically when a release clause has been triggered, it's reported by the media as such. Notable recent examples for us are Delph and Benteke. I do remember Liverpool trying to negotiate a deal below the release clause though, could this be what it is? Is there even a release clause? For all the journalists tripping over themselves trying to cover this story, they don't have cover it in mystery and confusion.

15 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

He's already made for life financially.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Trying to work out, if there's a release clause and we're in negotiations, what exactly are we negotiating? The structure of the payment? Typically when a release clause has been triggered, it's reported by the media as such. Notable recent examples for us are Delph and Benteke. I do remember Liverpool trying to negotiate a deal below the release clause though, could this be what it is? Is there even a release clause? For all the journalists tripping over themselves trying to cover this story, they don't have cover it in mystery and confusion.

If is a release clause then no negotiations, if the clause then City can trigger it(or Arsenal) 

10 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

100 million cash now is very different to 20 for five years. I suspect even if it does exist and is 100, city are trying to stretch it out as far as possible. Villa don't want to sell, and so insist "100 now or **** off"

IF a release cause is met there must be something in it about the terms of payment. I assume it'd be all in one hit given the nature of such a clause. 

Otherwise a club could "meet" the release clause and tell you they're paying £10p/w for 10,000,000 weeks. 

• Like 1

I can’t help but wonder how much the World Cup might play a role here.

Like it or not if he plays in a CL final next year instead of Stirling or Foden he surely has to start for the WC. Or at least gives him a better opportunity. 

To me, that has has a bigger draw than just playing CL. Most people can’t remember the squad players who won a CL 20 years ago unless it was your team.

If he does go, this fu***** stinks at every level. There’s the fact that he’s been here since he was 5 and his whole family support Villa. There’s the fact that his grandfather played for Villa. There’s the fact that that’s been overridden by the promise of additional riches and success. There’s the fact this shows no one can resist the lure of the elite teams, no matter what. There’s the fact he would be going to a team who breached FFP and threatened to make a Super League and they still go unpunished and can poach the best players. There’s the fact that this is all funded by an oppressive monarchy far away who doesn’t really give a sh** about football. And there’s the example that this sets for all of our young players in the academy if they do indeed become stars in their own right.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

£100m is a bit of a piss take really.

New UK record by £11m

Would I think become only the 9th £100m+ transfer of all time

It is crazy money, I'd like more... Get it up to £120m and you're in 3rd highest transfer every territory which to be fair is insane 

I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Mirror reporting that we’re offering him £200k a week to stay.. Actually they’re reporting that The Star are reporting the £200k offer.. 

6 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Mirror reporting that we’re offering him £200k a week to stay.. Actually they’re reporting that The Star are reporting the £200k offer.. 

200k figure bandied about for days long before either of those reported and total guesswork anyway

13 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

What's your point?

He's still blatantly leaving

The point is that if there is no release clause and/or active public demand by Jack then it’s the owners decision to sell not Jack’s decision to leave.

Â