The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Inspired by your bravery I asked the missus the same as she is also always right. She replied going where? I told her Man City and she responded

‘’he’s staying at Aston Villa but why the hell you asking me?’’

I think we’re on to a winner mate. 

I had to present her with breakfast first because if you awaken it without a good reason, then it’s death by a 1000 cuts.

Appears you got a better response though. He’s staying 👍

• Haha 1

Not looking forward to him being unbearably smug whenever he inevitably comes on the Kelly and Wrighty Show to discuss City and/or Grealish. Guarantee you the line "people were giving me a lot of stick" will come out.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Not looking forward to him being unbearably smug whenever he inevitably comes on the Kelly and Wrighty Show to discuss City and/or Grealish. Guarantee you the line "people were giving me a lot of stick" will come out.

Think he is related to Bruce? That will shut up a few Villa fans

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sam Lee’s new podcast has Grealish photoshopped in a City shirt. Shameless bunch. 

Its only what we did with ESR and the like....but they(Arsenal) stood firm as did Southampton with JWP.

i just hope our people stand firm, if they don't, there will be good reason, why they sell.

I trust the owners to do whats right for AVFC, its their money invested.

I am beginning to see a win/ win situation for us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The Sam Lee school of tweeting to make it look like you know what your doing but actually covering your back so that I can conduct a smug interview once he signs for Villa or City class 101...

Step 1: Make a bold statement as to reinforce your honesty of source and the nobility of your character for being so up front: "The fact I’m happy to stand here and tell angry Villa fans that I’m 100% confident in my sources, and that as of today Grealish to City is close, is proof enough of my confidence.

Step 2: Reinforce said statement with a pull-on-heartstrings plea to City Fanbase: The hostility is off the scale but here I am

Step 3: Drop in world ending caveat so that every big statement you've just uttered is covered from all sides to avoid loss of credibility (in his head): But i won’t make predictions on where it goes next

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sam Lee needs to take a break from Twitter (we all need to take a break from Twitter).

To be fair to Sam Lee both Man City and Villa run extremely tight operations with minimal leaks. Commenting on a potential transfer between these two clubs is probably a hard and pointless task. His employer is no doubt pressuring him to churn out an article on the transfer and he is leaning on any third rate sourced information he can find. The surprising thing is that he seems genuinely surprised that this has gone down badly with Villa fans. Articles like his go down badly from whichever outlet churns them out, only normally it is from a betting account,  'Sky sources' or an uncredited newspaper article, so there is no one to rail against for long. 

He has decided to take clear ownership of this information, and he has given conflicting accounts, so he is reaping the consequences of that. It's similar to any other Twitter ITK - they get plenty of abuse too. There is a reason that the likes of John Percy and Romano only comment when the transfer is all but complete...it gives them credibility.  

I seem to remember when the Athletic launched in this country they confirmed that they weren't going to run articles on transfer rumours as it was beneath them. I see that has fallen away in search of clicks.

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Like 2

Just now, TRO said:

Its only what we did with ESR and the like....but they stood firm.

just hope our people stand firm, if they don't, there will be good reason, why they sell.

I trust the owners to do whats right for AVFC, its their money invested.

We are what we are and where we are going because of many things but above everything else it's because of Nassif WesE Jack emi and Deano.

If on this journey we allow Jack to go, what does it really say about us, are we a club that sells our best players, or are we full on attacking the hierarchy. 

NWSE are winners, they will not allow a situation that includes selling Jack period.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That Sam Lee tweet is a perfect object in 'you, mr blue tick journalist, do not in fact need to respond to everyone who tweets at you, and really you just shouldn't'

Yeah he's embarrassed himself there. Not the action of a professional journalist.

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We are what we are and where we are going because of many things but above everything else it's because of Nassif WesE Jack emi and Deano.

If on this journey we allow Jack to go, what does it really say about us, are we a club that sells our best players, or are we full on attacking the hierarchy. 

NWSE are winners, they will not allow a situation that includes selling Jack period.

I don't know Phil.

NWSE are winners, but they are also thinkers and planners.

They will weigh up far more than we will ( because we are emotionally attached)

I don't want Jack to go, absolutely nailed on......but I am seeing some reasons why a deal could be done, all depends on the transfer fee....Man City will want to nick him.

I am not going to go in to the negatives, but I think there are some, like losing him the last 2 seasons and are his shins going to be  a feature of his future.

I think we could be in a win/win situation, with so many promising players coming up on the rails too, only the club will know if we can rely on them for the future.

I don't think its all doom and gloom....I have been here before and we came out of it smelling of roses.

We just have to wait and see, what the outcome is.

Ps I will say a bit more, IF he goes, but it will be respectful to him, as he has been unbelievebly great for us.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Again that’s rubbish!  I’m not just looking from a fans perspective as you have said condescendingly but both a fan perspective and professionally.  Just because you don’t agree. 

I wouldn’t understand him leaving and I wouldn’t agree with any reasoning that has been proposed so far.

You wouldn’t agree that going to play under someone who is generally regarded as being one of the very best in the game, alongside players who are regarded as some of the very best in the game, at a club who are English champions, runners up in the European cup, haven’t lost a league cup game for 5 years and who will always have a good shot at winning the fa cup - would be maybe, just maybe a potential reason for moving as being legitimate?

FML, this place has turned insane.

• Like 2

The Lee boy is a perfect example of a Twitter "journalist". He lives off the clicks. So the more people interact with him the happier he is. Same goes for the Athletic article. They will have had a chat before they published that and said will we get more clicks (subscriptions) from excited City fans than we will lose from Villa/ neutral fans. If the answer is yes, they published. 

It's all a numbers game. If you want to to end, stop interacting with the hacks! 

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You wouldn’t agree that going to play under someone who is generally regarded as being one of the very best in the game, alongside players who are regarded as some of the very best in the game, at a club who are English champions, runners up in the European cup, haven’t lost a league cup game for 5 years and who will always have a good shot at winning the fa cup - would be maybe, just maybe a potential reason for moving as being legitimate?

FML, this place has turned insane.

I see the "you can win us the champions league that we're missing" selling point being the only factor that persuades him. 

The others, if he won them there, wouldn't be something he earned, they win then already without him. They don't need him to continue winning the league or the fa Cup. And I think if that was all he expected to win, he'd rather stay at Villa with a chance to win a cup. The champions league factor is the one that might turn his head. 

That said, I think he could do it next year, or the year after. And I think he'll want to see where this villa teams limits are while time is on his side.

If his injury is a concern for him/us, then that may also be a factor in him moving on earlier than he would like to,  and could work out best for both of us if that's the case.

Overall though,  the message sent by us selling him is a terrible one and will never be spun into a positive if it happens. So I think that is why our owners will do everything to keep him. 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I think everyone agrees with this except for just not this season. Next season we would all say thanks for everything, the offers will still be there. This season we can do something incredible, the signs were there last season. These reinforcements and plans are to get us back into the top 6 with Jack. We lose him now and we’re miles away again. Stay another year and no one can label him as turning his back. He’d go with everyones blessing.

BCB...We say that every season.

IMO He has had second thoughts at the Euro's, from 10 months ago when he signed a 5 year contract...that's a pretty convincing contract to sign and "My Club, my City" was pretty profound too.

If he does leave,something has changed during that time.....many,many factors can play a part.

Its all ifs buts and maybe's at present, but some of us, will be right.

Â