The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

41 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Can’t have your cake and eat it , pretty clear if he left it would be against villa wishes and down to him 

Why wait any longer for the one you love when he's standing in front of you. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Are you sure, this is VT after all. We all get a bit giddy when we get a flash of Jack’s calves 

True.

Especially after brilliant match/transfer results on here as well, things could go either way. 🤔🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Yeah £20 to acorns then, if he stays I’ll give acorns £20. 

Told Monday / Tuesday he’s going so we’ll see

Did you get it from football insider today? 

It is expected that the England international, 25, will move to Etihad Stadium when he returns from holiday “next week”.

Villa have tried to keep hold of their talisman with the offer of a double-your-money contract.

But he has his heart set on joining Pep Guardiola’s champions and now it is a matter of the two club’s agreeing the fee. Grealish is keen to leave Villa on good terms, the source explained, due to his relationship with his boyhood club.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-jack-grealish-set-to-join-man-city-next-week-from-aston-villa/

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Told Monday / Tuesday he’s going so we’ll see

Boyhood Villa fan and team captain leaves us in the lurch around 10 days before season starts? I just can't see it

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Boyhood Villa fan and team captain leaves us in the lurch around 10 days before season starts? I just can't see it

Be worse than MON leaving us the day before the season.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why wait any longer for the one you love when he's standing in front of you. 

This is sacrificing the multi-millionaire you love for the billionaire. The millionaire owns a letter ‘E’ printing business though, and there’s a good chance it’s about to blow up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Did you get it from football insider today? 

It is expected that the England international, 25, will move to Etihad Stadium when he returns from holiday “next week”.

Villa have tried to keep hold of their talisman with the offer of a double-your-money contract.

But he has his heart set on joining Pep Guardiola’s champions and now it is a matter of the two club’s agreeing the fee. Grealish is keen to leave Villa on good terms, the source explained, due to his relationship with his boyhood club.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-jack-grealish-set-to-join-man-city-next-week-from-aston-villa/

No mate, I was told has told Villa he’s agreed terms and would like to go, expect an offer from city Monday. Also expect a “love the club piece” all bs this is about money 

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Don’t think they put as much stock in the start of a season as we do

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Nothing surprises me in Football these days.

As I've also noted before, he seems the type that loves the high, flash life and celebrity status.

Wouldn't surprise me if he sees his future in London/Manchester.

Just the vibes I've always gotten from him.

Also wasn't necessarily loving the little digs about us not having any set piece takers etc etc.

Anyway I'm probably just a bit wound up right now.

It would be really unfortunate if he left now of all times. I can’t work out if there is a release clause but assume there isn’t, but even if there was it would be down to the player to move or not, it wouldn’t happen against his will and the club certainly don’t want or need to sell.

If there isn’t a release clause, I would fully expect the owners/management to put their foot down and say to Jack the timing isn’t right for the club, lets review next summer. Levy does it, why not us? Or you put an incredible figure down (say £150m and say to Jack, fair enough, this is compensation, you can go). This is actually the most damaging time to leave us barring the relegation fight times - the club has its best chance for at least 20 years to break into the elite end of the game, and frankly stay in it, at that point the door is opened to a greater wealth of talent and his departure would not be as painful, and our owners can fully exploit that opportunity should it arise.

He is in a new improved deal and committed to the club and cause stating some very Delph-esque sentiment about his place in the project, his club etc. He is also our Captain, that should mean more to him than most.

As an alleged fan he must see that getting us to the CL places is a massive deal for the club and he would be setting us back for personal gain.

The worst thing for me is that Man City are utterly classless, and are part of the shameless European Super League set who stuck two fingers up to the whole game. How quickly that is forgotten when money is being waved around.

If he goes it will be the bitterest departure of them all, a real mercenary move, and frankly he would be the worst of the lot and even though I never boo departed players (pantomime or heart felt) I would happily boo him when he faces us.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No mate, I was told has told Villa he’s agreed terms and would like to go, expect an offer from city Monday. Also expect a “love the club piece” all bs this is about money 

Don’t think they put as much stock in the start of a season as we do

Don’t know about that but a 20ft snake with his head on it yeah 

I don’t think it’s all about money - I think there is some ambition in there too playing at champions league , winning trophies etc besides the money - sadly that doesn’t make the pill any less bitter though . 

we will see in time but things are unravelling and sadly I do not think Jack will kick a ball for us again - Social media will be shit for a few days so best to avoid the circus for a while u til the dust settles . 

it stinks but I think he’s off 

Edited by Eastie

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I would actively hope he never wins anything in his career if he leaves us this summer. Some may say that's too far but I stand by that.

But this is definitely too far. I'm assuming it's just a joke though.

Im not…

Im a Villa fan, not a football fan…

and anyone that doesn’t leave under:

“The Mellberg Rule”

or

“The Albrighton/Weimann/Merson Rule”

or

”The Petrov/Laursen Rule”

gets no well wishes from me

• Like 2

Â