The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Nearly everybody turned on Barry when he went.  It's just been conveniently swept under the carpet now.

His first game back was a nasty affair (1-1 at VP iirc).

Once Barry left for that shithouse club I felt nothing for him. Should I be grateful we gave him a successful career? I didn't boo him either, he was just dead to me. I am sure he gave no **** at all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Possibly so but we really don’t need this dragging on into august , this is Aston Villa not the Jack grealish show 

Yeah I'm ready for it to be done either way now, but suggestions seem to be that this week or next week are likely

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Even when someone offers you three hundred thousand pounds sterling a week for 5 years to work for around 20 hours each week whilst being pampered beyond your wildest dreams?

I don't care how much you love a club, that is a life decision for you and your family. I cannot stand it when the average person claims they would stand by their club when they have never and will never be presented with an offer of that amount of money. 

I admire and share your love of Aston Villa. But it is a much more complicated decision over the course of a lifetime than you're making it out to be. 

Individuals will have their own take on the issue I guess.  Personally, I think I would just about scrape by on the £200,000 p/w. 😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It would all fit in and seems very plausible mate - 2 questions , when did villa become aware of him meeting pep in London and was his injury really as genuine as we are led to believe as there were a few rumours around at the time of the injury ? 

I don’t know anything about his injury and Players meet representatives of suitor clubs behind others all the time. It’s no different from us going for job interviews but we tell ourselves this lie about it not happening and that you can’t do “tapping up”. We will have done it for Bailey.

On Bailey I know nothing but we have defo spoken with JWP

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

It’s Cherry Hill road and he hasn’t sold. 

I never said he had. What I was told was he is keeping his house and if the move happens he would rent up there so there's that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don’t go Tro , you are the bees knees mate - we will fight any bid from h&v for you - name your terms 🤣

you get my drift Eastie....its becoming a bit disrespectful to us, I fear.

If I was Jack, I would be saying, " these are my people, they have stood by me BEFORE I was famous", "I can't be stringing them along, they have a season to take care of"

If they have to sell to buy Jack, this could be dragging out like a house sale.

Man City should be " Put up or shut up"

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

I think his agent said at the end of last season "there are clubs interested so well see what happens, but it's also possible he could stay at Villa." so it makes sense that he's been shuttling back and forth between the two planting "deal nearly done" and "Grealish having second thoughts and expected to sign new contract" as appropriate to play the percentages and make sure both sides are offering as much as they possibly can

Agent clearly wants Jack to move, Jack is clearly the stumbling block

Money talks, but I don’t think this is about money. It’s more about silverware and playing at the highest level, which would be champions league football. He’s been more than loyal to us, and I honestly wouldn’t begrudge him a move away. Saying that I still think we have a very good chance of keeping hold of him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Even when someone offers you three hundred thousand pounds sterling a week for 5 years to work for around 20 hours each week whilst being pampered beyond your wildest dreams?

I don't care how much you love a club, that is a life decision for you and your family. I cannot stand it when the average person claims they would stand by their club when they have never and will never be presented with an offer of that amount of money. 

I admire and share your love of Aston Villa. But it is a much more complicated decision over the course of a lifetime than you're making it out to be. 

You're obviously much wealthier than me as £100k-£200k/week for 5 years is more than enough for me to be pampered beyond my wildest dreams and even have some left over for my family.

6 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Individuals will have their own take on the issue I guess.  Personally, I think I would just about scrape by on the £200,000 p/w. 😄

Earning more than the priminister of this country lol

I remember clearly the year after Barry left, when he lined up against us the way Milner went after him. I wasnt fussed because we still had a good side that season, and the loss wasnt that bad.

Then it was de ja vu, City hadnt destabilised us enough so came back for Milner. That one really stung, but again, I watched closely as Delph went steaming in on Milner at the Etihad. It was something we could get behind but by then City were miles clear with their bulk buying of any decent players. Then fast forward to Delph, sickening again.

If they manage to do it all again after we’ve finally got back to an even footing after a decade its no wonder Villa fans are losing their shit. Jack aswell will cut a hundred times deeper. I have to put my faith in these owners to convince him if there is indeed a clause, and also will have to put faith into Jack doing whats right by his people, he must know the fanbase have suffered enough and this will leave many distraught.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Agreed , I’d be gone tbh . 

Man City are a cheating scumbag club. I get the 'he gave us a lot' but just don't go to Man City Jack. Therefore stay with us and let's kick on. Be the hero. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Once Barry left for that shithouse club I felt nothing for him. Should I be grateful we gave him a successful career? I didn't boo him either, he was just dead to me. I am sure he gave no **** at all.

Which is fair enough.  It's just generally memory of his exit seems to have been romanticised a little.

5 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

…but we have defo spoken with JWP

I bloody knew it. Don’t tell anyone on VT though please, it’ll cause a right stink. 

Football needs to get rid of agents asap. Go to Independent FA appointed representatives for those too thick to understand a contract package.

They are actual parasites. Why tolerate them?

And also, imagine after all the corruption charges Man City are facing, and all the debacle over the ESL, having to hand them our best player and captain?

I'm a pretty tough cookie, I can stomach a lot, have been through a lot. But I would struggle with that.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

But I do know this.  If I was in Jack's shoes then there would never be any speculation because I would have made it clear that I am a Villa player for as long as they want me.

Not that simple unfortunately 

The rumours are generating traffic on social media, that traffic can be converted in to marketing pounds

Even if Jack has absolutely no intention of leaving he can let all this guff happen whilst in the background him and his agent can be on the phone to Nike, to nivea, to Hugo boss to whoever else they choose with evidence that the most talked about PL player this summer is Jack Grealish, the most in demand player this summer is Jack Grealish 

The speculation is great for him even if he's not going

You could also make a claim that it's great for the villa too for the same reasons... 

• Like 2

He's going to be wealthy beyond the wildest dreams of the average person playing for Aston Villa. 

I don't think it'd be about the money. I think Jack would be weighing up playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, winning lots of trophies at all levels, going deep into the Champions League, locking himself into the England setup for the next decade. 

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I remember clearly the year after Barry left, when he lined up against us the way Milner went after him. I wasnt fussed because we still had a good side that season, and the loss wasnt that bad.

Then it was de ja vu, City hadnt destabilised us enough so came back for Milner. That one really stung, but again, I watched closely as Delph went steaming in on Milner at the Etihad. It was something we could get behind but by then City were miles clear with their bulk buying of any decent players. Then fast forward to Delph, sickening again.

If they manage to do it all again after we’ve finally got back to an even footing after a decade its no wonder Villa fans are losing their shit. Jack aswell will cut a hundred times deeper. I have to put my faith in these owners to convince him if there is indeed a clause, and also will have to put faith into Jack doing whats right by his people, he must know the fanbase have suffered enough and this will leave many distraught.

The problem is if he goes how will mings , Martinez watkins feel about the clubs ambitions ? We would need to recruit well and buy top quality players , Europe must be the aim next season with or without Jack 

Â