The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He explicitly said in his article that it isn't done

I was told it’s all done bar the paperwork on July 2 by a source I trust. I was then told by what I consider my best source on July 6 that that is indeed the case.

this is a quote from him in the article comments. then goes on to say:

At the weekend, that trusted source of mine said there were no issues as of that day.

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't believe the athletic one bit. However, I get the sense that Man City believe there is a clause and Jack has told them that he is open to the move. If there is a clause then we are screwed imo.

If so, let's hope the clause is £100million as an absolute minimum. 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Unless that was the only way he’d sign a new deal? Certainly makes sense for the player and agent  that  a clause could be activated for a certain fee - it’s nothing new in football 

It wouldn't happen, not that crazy a detail in his contract for a release clause. Has anyone ever heard of a detail like not qualifying for Europe or you couldn't get to Europe so I'll be off. Jack's certainly not the type of player to do that to his favourite club, one where he enjoys life so much here that he'd put such a mad agreement in a release clause like that.

I mean another way of looking at it is our transfers. You would get the feeling if Jack had put some crazy agreement in a release clause that our Owners and Club would be spending over the odds keeping him at Villa. In turn we would end up bringing in world class player after world class player. Sure there is FFP but if an agreement as crazy as (qualify for Europe or I'm off) was added to Jacks contract, it would pressure our Owners into spending more than FFP would allow I think just to make that jump to Europe and keep Jack. There would be pressure buying and you'd tell from the type of player were bringing in or Jack would of been sold ages ago. I do not believe for a second that our Owners would even allow a situation like that to happen and they would of said to Jack no that is just to much you have to be less demanding. Jack and his agent are all about getting the best deal they can but even in this business you don't take the piss with the hand that feeds you and Villa has been good enough so far to deal with Jack and give him what he wants.

I just don't think there is a release clause or ther eis any crazyness attached to Jack's contract or we would be seeing signs of it I reckon in something happening in a certain way, a kind of an event taking place.

I also believe if Jack and his Agent tried adding something like that, our Chiefs would say goodluck Jack were just going to sell you on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Ah damn it. I hoped that Grealish signing his new contract would seriously damage Spam Lee's "journalistic" credibility.

Turns out he doesn't have any and is already a laughing stock so no damage will be done.

Journalism really is on its arse these days.

Truly. Mahrez embarrassed him. Imagine being a player and seeing some journalist chat crap about you - it’s good they called it out. What a chump. 

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

this is a quote from him in the article comments. then goes on to say:

If he's gone, and our hierarchy knows it, we're making a godawful meal of replacing him. If there's even a grain of truth to these rumours then our season's in trouble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this is a quote from him in the article comments

Yes, he's saying his multiple reliable sources have told him it's all done bar the paperwork (which is important). When this is the case it's fair enough to write the article, as double-sourcing is the normal journalistic standard. Being fair to him, though, he didn't say "it's done", in the article, and acknowledged the suggestion among those close to Jack that he's being offered a new contact. Again, fair enough. Fluid situation

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

If he's gone, and our hierarchy knows it, we're making a godawful meal of replacing him. If there's even a grain of truth to these rumours then our season's in trouble.

think this is another thing that makes me more positive. people have suggested the buendia signing and the approach for ESR was "spending the grealish money" but i think if we really were spending the expected money we're getting for jack, we'd know about it.

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't believe the athletic one bit. However, I get the sense that Man City believe there is a clause and Jack has told them that he is open to the move. If there is a clause then we are screwed imo.

Sadly I agree. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If there is a clause and Jack has agreed terms and he wants to go, surely he would have gone already? 

This story came out at start of the whole window and I believe like you that it would of been done quickly before the Euros took place.

Will feel sad if he goes but if he were to leave provided we get 100 mill + and all of the funds are reinvested straight back into the team i could live with it.

If he has a clause that's lower like 80 - 90 were getting mugged off and he should sign a new contract on better wage terms but with a higher release clause in the 100 mill + range and also be given assurances by the club that he can leave next season should we fail to qualify for europe providing the newly implemented release clause is met. 

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If there is a clause and Jack has agreed terms and he wants to go, surely he would have gone already? 

If as sam lee claimed it was all agreed on July 2 then I feel for villa fans who spent cash on tickets merchandise etc expecting Jack to be here - I really hope Sam lee is wrong on that as it would leave a sour taste . 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

No no, of course Manchester City would willingly delay their business and hamper their own pre season preparation all to just generate a few more clicks for crappy junk news sites

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Yes, he's saying his multiple reliable sources have told him it's all done bar the paperwork (which is important). When this is the case it's fair enough to write the article, as double-sourcing is the normal journalistic standard. Being fair to him, though, he didn't say "it's done", in the article, and acknowledged the suggestion among those close to Jack that he's being offered a new contact. Again, fair enough. Fluid situation

so it sounds like you work in the industry hence your knowledge exceeds mine, but you can surely see why it triggers people? to say it's done bar the paperwork indicates that the deal is done and it's just a formality. yes i get that it's just his "sources" that have said that, but he's still putting his name to the article and if jack signs a new deal, it won't be his sources that get stick from fans...he knows full well what he's doing.

he's very dismissive of indications jack will sign a new deal, BTW

I’m also aware, first hand, of the rumours from those close to him that he would sign a new deal. But as of the weekend, at least, City were not expecting any problems.

I can imagine Man City making a huge bid and Jack telling bosses he'd like to go.

What I can't conceive of is Messrs Edens, Sawiris, Purslow, Lange and Smith sticking a release clause of £80m in his contract last summer. Makes no sense at all and the existence of a clause has been denied a number of times by Purslow and Smith.

If he goes, has to be for astronomical money. Has to.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

think this is another thing that makes me more positive. people have suggested the buendia signing and the approach for ESR was "spending the grealish money" but i think if we really were spending the expected money we're getting for jack, we'd know about it.

That's due to everyone not know who our Owners are though. They don't pay attention other clubs fans or media writers and reporters to our Owners.

It's all easy to suggest were spending Jack's money when they have not a clue that our Owners have over 9 billion and could easy fun a sale of Buendia.

It's all Clubs fans not paying attention in who our Owners are or trying to play down our Owners and the fact they are a big fish In this pond and that they have the money behind them, only for those fans to go make up stuff like Villa are spending Jack's sale money.

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why would city pay him over the summer when he wouldn’t be there ? Returning to pre season would be the ideal time to sign him saving over a million in wages too . 

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I can imagine Man City making a huge bid and Jack telling bosses he'd like to go.

What I can't conceive of is Messrs Edens, Sawiris, Purslow, Lange and Smith sticking a release clause of £80m in his contract last summer. Makes no sense at all and the existence of a clause has been denied a number of times by Purslow and Smith.

If he goes, has to be for astronomical money. Has to.

Didn’t they deny that before his new contract though? Apparently Percy was quoted as saying there was a significant release clause and he is very reliable on villa news . 

May well have been the only way Jack would agree a new deal ? 

He didn't have to sign the deal last summer at all and it was a little surprising that he did, so he held the cards and would potentially have had control over the release clause

People don't seem to be able to produce the exact quote about "no release clauses" to verify that it was after the new contract, and even if it was it doesn't necessarily mean it was true

• Like 1

Â