The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Wainy316 said:

This Sam Lee is really pissing me off throwing all his eggs in the nearly done basket then giving himself an out with this 'U-turn' bull.  

He'll claim the plaudits though if it was to happen despite having not known anything.  Absolute trash journalism.

exactly. i'd give them more respect if they just admitted when jack signs his new deal "sorry, i got this wrong. my sources said it was done!"

maybe as a journo, you just cannot be seen to be getting things wrong

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been posting on Blue Moon for about a month now and they're hanging their hopes on Sam Lee, Shaun Goater, and various "ITKs" It's same dribble as Grealish to Manure last season

Shaun Goater? 😂😂😂

21 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Lets play along here and suggest Grealish DOES want to go and HAS agreed personal terms--that's all well and good, but isn't there the small matter of agreeing a fee with his current club? What if the quoted fee is way more than they want to pay?

This whole U-Turn talk is at best premature and at worst, hugely disrespectful. 

if jack signs a new deal, i dearly hope this is quashed during any interview etc

can see the headlines now regarding U-turn etc

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been posting on Blue Moon for about a month now and they're hanging their hopes on Sam Lee, Shaun Goater, and various "ITKs" It's same dribble as Grealish to Manure last season

Some of their fans believe Jeremy Parnaby ITK is Tixi Begiristain 😂

• Haha 1

I think the first genuine bit of journalism on the Grealish saga will be a story breaking about an opening bid of £100m, or something along those lines. I think this will get messy. I don't know if we have enough sway to make him stay at this point. 

• Like 2

For the love of god can this just be done with one way or the other. Can't be arsed with the endless cycle of the media swinging the pendulum in whatever direction it suits them on any given day. The season is going to come quicker than we know it and the sooner this is done with either way the sooner we know where we're at. Can't imagine it helps Smith and Co. at all in their preparations, both in terms of the existing squad and what more needs bringing in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same as the potential for them to sponsor us at over market value to pump money in to the club - Adidas are too big a company with Wes having too little a share for them to play that game 

Adidas won't do us any favours 

Possibly but it's the theory really.

Substitube addidas for any other company nas/wes own or have an interest in. 

Or they start a new one. 

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's not gregg evans but this guy doesn't seem like he's any better

I know it’s not gregg Evans but my reply was in regards to paying for the athletic .

Why are villa refusing to do pre match and post match interviews in friendlies  , surely this situation j]has gone on long enough - a one line statement could kill all this speculation and the season in only just over 2 weeks away

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

We’ve just been criticising Man City for ‘cooking the books’ and saying how disgraceful it is. And now we have people suggesting we effectively do the same by paying Jack an inflated wage by means of another company. Some of the stuff spouted on here at times is insane.

If this is referring to my comment, it was hypothetical as I didn't know how FFP would work in this regard. Not saying we should do it. 

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think the first genuine bit of journalism on the Grealish saga will be a story breaking about an opening bid of £100m, or something along those lines. I think this will get messy. I don't know if we have enough sway to make him stay at this point. 

According to so called itk the fee was sorted by meeting a clause we were told never existed - would be nice if Jack posted he’s happy to be looking forward to a big season at villa but he hasn’t and the club seem to be ducking interviews which is concerning 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This Sam Lee is really pissing me off throwing all his eggs in the nearly done basket then giving himself an out with this 'U-turn' bull.  

He'll claim the plaudits though if it was to happen despite having not known anything.  Absolute trash journalism.

I went to school with Sam, I did message him a few weeks ago as he’s been saying it’s “close” for a few weeks.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Still the third richest in the league, and plenty rich enough to compete if FFP does one.

Agreed. But the point made was that our owners have wealth close to that of Man City. which I don't believe they do.

Just now, Nicho said:

I went to school with Sam, I did message him a few weeks ago as he’s been saying it’s “close” for a few weeks.

Can you message Sam for me and say that I hope he stubs his big toe on a large piece of furniture?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villanmac said:

This is the only Villa player (likely ever) where its not a "ah well, we move on...we'll find other heroes". Yes you support every man in a claret and blue shirt and there will always be players who become entwined and synonimous with the club eventhough they werent fans to begin with... but this is a one of the best players in the world, arguably the most joyful to watch who lives and breathes Aston Villa. Thats not worth 100 million to us, its priceless. It just doesnt happen. The idea of Jack retiring at Villa has a sadness to it as i know i'll never see the like again so the thought of him leaving at his peaj and playing for another i could not countenance. Even during the shit years hes brought joy to watching villa, now with the potential to move forward accepting any bid for him has to be out of the question. 

And also if he's really a fan, surely it'd mean more to go down as the greatest legend of all time than to be a bit-part member of a petro-dollar dickhead club just for the sake of a few trophies?

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Aaaaaaand his reply?...

"Ahh yes I think I might have remembered that I may or may not have gone to school with you, although I might U-turn on that statement"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â