Well? It is.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Villa fans🤦‍♂️

Someone on twitter posted Grealish to Man City is imminent

Cleveland Browns No GIF by Nickelodeon at Super Bowl

Villa fans when someone posts on twitter he is staying at Villa

Truth GIF

😂

Or, more accurately, when Jack posts a story alluding to it himself...

true guardians of the galaxy GIF

• Thanks 1

I’m feeling much more confident that he is staying now , I don’t think he or mcginn would have posted those pics had he been leaving .  I think he’d have been keeping a low profile . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This saga is drawing to a close, I feel. I'm even a little nervous just typing this. 

It is going to be really painful if he leaves. I've been down about players leaving before - Barry, Young, Milner - but this one will hurt more. A lot more. He is pretty much every Villa fan's hero and favourite player. He's been central to every good thing that has happened to the club in the last 3-4 years. We live our lives through his talent. He's what we all wanted to be as kids. Seeing him at a nothing, albeit very successful club like Man City just wont feel right. He'll play well, he'll win things, but for what? Jack needs to guide us to trophies and become the greatest player to ever play for this club. He'll be in statue territory. 

Do the right thing, Jack. 

I wonder… see, as he’s always a been a fan like us… he will have felt that hurt too… so maybe he really wouldn’t want to inflict it on supporters now?… so long as we keep progressing?

He must be aware of what a genuine legend he can become here… that’s got to be massively appealing.

Stay until you retire Jack, and we will give you a send off the likes of which you could never imagine!!  

He will never be forgotten if he sticks around and will forever be ingrained within our history…

Wow…you lucky boy Jack! 🤣

Edited by Jas10

In a shop in Welshpool today wearing a villa shirt lady owner in her 50s was lording up Jack!!

He really has caught the heart of the ladies even the Welsh ones!

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

In a shop in Welshpool today wearing a villa shirt lady owner in her 50s was lording up Jack!!

He really has caught the heart of the ladies even the Welsh ones!

My American Mrs says she’s going to have to “follow those calves” if he moves and she’ll become a City fan…

So glad we spent two months on the prenup.

Edited by ChicagoVillan1983

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

This saga is drawing to a close, I feel. I'm even a little nervous just typing this. 

It is going to be really painful if he leaves. I've been down about players leaving before - Barry, Young, Milner - but this one will hurt more. A lot more. He is pretty much every Villa fan's hero and favourite player. He's been central to every good thing that has happened to the club in the last 3-4 years. We live our lives through his talent. He's what we all wanted to be as kids. Seeing him at a nothing, albeit very successful club like Man City just wont feel right. He'll play well, he'll win things, but for what? Jack needs to guide us to trophies and become the greatest player to ever play for this club. He'll be in statue territory. 

Do the right thing, Jack.

Great post. My thoughts exactly. You could add those names and chuck in Dwight Yorke, and the feeling combined of those players leaving won't come close to how I'd feel now. I think I'd need to take a small break from Villa if it happened.

I’ve probably been one of the more confident Villa fans regarding Jack staying, I really haven’t been in the slightest bit concerned about him leaving and have laughed off any rubbish from folk in the office trying to get me to bite, even when talk sh#t were saying he was off a few weeks ago.

Thats not based on any ITK, I’m the least ITK person ever, I just couldn’t see any logic to his sale. But it struck me today that my confidence means a much higher fall should he go. 

Still can’t see anything other than him signing a new contract this week 

7 minutes ago, bose said:

Honestly the post from Jack on IG and then backed up by McGinn has eased my mind. Like someone put it Jack might be “encyclopaedia” thick but not emotionally thick. He seems a very genuine person and he wouldn’t have posted something like that if he had decided to leave.

This 

For what it’s worth, I really think he’ll give us another season or two to see how we progress but if the unthinkable happens and he does decide to go shortly, then it’s not the end. Gutting yes, but not the end. With maturity, I learnt to live with disappointment better.

Many moons ago when I was a teenager, we sold David Platt to Bari after Italia 90 for £5.5m. A record sale for us at the time. I was fuming, downbeat etc, how could the club I love do this? Then Big Ron did some wheeling and dealing that summer and that season we played some of the best football I had ever seen at Villa Park. Close to winning the league with such a good brand of football. Really don’t think it’s been bettered since by us on a consistent basis?

Yes, very different times now but should we receive £100m plus for his sale, then surely we’ll improve the team overall with three or four quality additions and not just attempt to replace his position on the pitch? 

The big test will be how NSWE and Smith react to any sale? Do they get down in the dumps about it or come out fighting and show Jack and the rest that we still mean business. Like I say, I think he’ll stay for now but interesting couple of days ahead.

As a fan obviously, I couldn’t leave us if I was still wanted. Looking up at the Holte with fans singing your name week in week out. It doesn’t get much better does it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bose said:

Honestly the post from Jack on IG and then backed up by McGinn has eased my mind. Like someone put it Jack might be “encyclopaedia” thick but not emotionally thick. He seems a very genuine person and he wouldn’t have posted something like that if he had decided to leave.

I never understood why people think not knowing about things make you thick (not referring to you by the way, just the whole furor about him not knowing what an encyclopedia was). He could just be too young, or sheltered or any number of things that don't have to do with intelligence. He's a sharp lad, despite his lack of encyclopedic knowledge of err encyclopedias and grammar.

• Like 1

The rise in super jack has coincided with the rise in villa fans spending money.

30,000 season ticket holders, 13k on the waiting list.

Expected shirt sales 30,000 sold 80,000 and now expecting to sell 100,000 this year.

Plans to extend the capacity due to cementing our position and fan expenditure.

With all of these plans, Jack is a key part of it as he will be 50% of any sponsor influenced decision to sponsor villa.

Gone are the days of match day shirt sponsors for each player shirt on the programme with Townshend newsagents sponsoring a play for a game.

It's going to be big business, big business requires success and big time players, the also means more tv money and league position money.

Jack is in my view staying, just can't see the logic in taking 100m or there abouts and that's it, when we keep him 4 more years and the income he generates is the same or more than that plus he would be playing for us and improving the team.

Â