The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 minutes ago, Thug said:

The kind of leadership that Keppa showed when he refused to come off for Chelsea? Saying he was better than the keeper that the manager wanted to bring on?

Because that’s called being petty and arrogant. It’s not called leadership. 

Penalty takers had been decided before hand. This would have been discussed and planned.

For Jack to suddenly say at the last minute ‘no, I’ll take this.. not Saka’ would be arrogance beyond belief.

Just like you can't cherry pick incidents to justify your argument.

Where not talking about a player, we're talking about the manager of a country at a major tournament. 

48 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I haven't decided anything, maybe you need to look at things objectively than with rose tinted glasses.

If Southgate's narrative is correct and they have been decided on 100's of penalties over the past month in training, where was Jack?

He either didn't participate or wasn't seen to be good enough by the coaching staff in the sessions to be in the Top 5, take your pick.

I can well believe that there either may be 5 better penalty takers than Jack or that at least Southgate thinks there it. I don’t buy this ridiculous argument from various parties that Jack should have overruled the decision of the manager to stop Saka taking it.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I can well believe that there either may be 5 better penalty takers than Jack or that at least Southgate thinks there it. I don’t buy this ridiculous argument from various parties that Jack should have overruled the decision of the manager to stop Saka taking it.

Nor do I.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thug said:

The kind of leadership that Keppa showed when he refused to come off for Chelsea? Saying he was better than the keeper that the manager wanted to bring on?

Because that’s called being petty and arrogant. It’s not called leadership. 

Penalty takers had been decided before hand. This would have been discussed and planned.

Keane gets to write his script with the benefit of hindsight.  Because such-and-such a player didn't score, he was never going to score.  But he could've scored, nevertheless.  And then Roy's wise-after-the-event script would've read differently ("Saka and Sancho have show amazing character and nerve there, to go up and score those penalties. Maybe being older and thinking about the responsibility and the importance of the occasion caused Kane and Maguire to miss, and you really have to question why Gareth didn't put up more young players, who don't overthink and can just live in the moment to take one").  I just wish Keane hadn't singled out Sterling and Grealish alone when he made his point.  Shaw and Stones and Philips were still on and could equally have had a go, if they'd 'shown leadership' and 'ability to step up'.

• Thanks 1

I think Rashford should take heat, that was a shocking penalty!

Also before the penalties you see Southgate point to Grealish and say you’re 6th and Grealish nods, that was the number he was chosen to be by Southgate. You don’t argue with that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deck said:

Shaw and Stones and Philips were still on and could equally have had a go, if they'd 'shown leadership' and 'ability to step up'.

Exactly

in these Euros Jack: 151 minutes, Saka 220 minutes.

Jack has a total of 640 England minutes to Saka’s 612

Hardly a seasoned international.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deck said:

Keane gets to write his script with the benefit of hindsight.  Because such-and-such a player didn't score, he was never going to score.  But he could've scored, nevertheless.  And then Roy's wise-after-the-event script would've read differently ("Saka and Sancho have show amazing character and nerve there, to go up and score those penalties. Maybe being older and thinking about the responsibility and the importance of the occasion caused Kane and Maguire to miss, and you really have to question why Gareth didn't put up more young players, who don't overthink and can just live in the moment to take one").  I just wish Keane hadn't singled out Sterling and Grealish alone when he made his point.  Shaw and Stones and Philips were still on and could equally have had a go, if they'd 'shown leadership' and 'ability to step up'.

The managers role is also to identify during play that Saka, was not playing well when brought on and playing like a deer in headlights.

This isn't an indictment of Saka, the kid is 19 yrs old. Southgate or his coaching staff should have identified it and thought hey, might not be the best idea for the lad to take a penalty.

You can have the best laid plans, but in war you need to adapt, and Southgate didn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Exactly

in these Euros Jack: 151 minutes, Saka 220 minutes.

Jack has a total of 640 England minutes to Saka’s 612

Hardly a seasoned international.

God that’s embarrassing isn’t it! 

England’s best player with over an hours less football than fecking Saka!

Okay Saka had one good game on his first appearance, but he was complimented with Jack on the other wing opening up pockets of space for him in that game, the other games he has played in he has been in ominous.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I think Rashford should take heat, that was a shocking penalty!

Other than hitting the post and not going in I thought it was a well taken penalty.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

I haven't decided anything, maybe you need to look at things objectively than with rose tinted glasses.

If Southgate's narrative is correct and they have been decided on 100's of penalties over the past month in training, where was Jack?

He either didn't participate or wasn't seen to be good enough by the coaching staff in the sessions to be in the Top 5, take your pick.

What does him being good enough to take penalties have to do with his bottle?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Other than hitting the post and not going in I thought it was a well taken penalty.

It was a poor penalty.

Keeper had already dived the wrong way, could’ve just tapped it home.

I hope this experience has taught him that at times it's better being a big fish in a smaller pond. 

He is central to Aston Villa with a genuine affinity to the club. 

If he opts to go to Citeh, I hope he stipulates that Sterling needs to be sold, otherwise he'll never see the ball during his odd minute playing here and there. 

1 minute ago, Thug said:

It was a poor penalty.

Keeper had already dived the wrong way, could’ve just tapped it home.

He sent the keeper the wrong way
He did tap it (but not home as you point out)

1 hour ago, QldVilla said:

Just like you can't cherry pick incidents to justify your argument.

Where not talking about a player, we're talking about the manager of a country at a major tournament. 

This is your original quote that I quoted:

“Yes you can, its called leadership. Leadership by the manager and leadership from the senior players.”

It’s all getting very confusing, and maybe I haven’t read all your posts, but at times you’re saying the players had a duty to take responsibility away from the young players, and in other posts you’re saying it’s up to the manager.

Aplogies if your posts are being taken out of context, maybe you can clarify what it is that you’re actually saying? I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with you every other post.

• Thanks 1

Â