The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Some ammunition to keep folks happy.

EDIT: Wonky VT photo attachment thing isn't working again." Reached Max allocated space ". Even though I haven't used a fraction of it.

* Post null and void. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

?

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some ammunition to keep folks happy.

EDIT: Wonky VT photo attachment thing isn't working again." Reached Mac allocated space ". Even though I haven't used a fraction of it.

* Post null and void. Lol

Mourinho basically saying he thinks Southgate taking off Jack and as wrong etc.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Who the bloody hell cares what other teams’ fans think, though? 

I think Southgate’s treatment of Grealish is absolutely bonkers. If a Leeds fan wants to mock that, I really don’t care. 

I said in a different thread, I really don’t understand the grandstanding and belittling of fellow Villa fans for being (overly) protective of Villa’s homegrown captain and superstar. We’re Villa fans. The reactions against some people for being fanatically protective of Jack have been really uncomfortable and disappointingly unpleasant. 

It's disappointing that the whole fan base haven't turned into some conspiracy theory believing lunatics? 

Fanatically protective over a 25 year old lad, having the time of his life, playing a vital role for his country seems way over the top and quite embarrassing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

You can admit you were wrong about Southgate lads. It's fine. I've swallowed enough humble pie this summer regards tactics selection Southgate and Sterling. I was wrong. He's nailed it.

Come on lads. It's fine. Nobody is going to judge and you won't look stupid saying I was wrong. Southgate has done bits.

Come on boys. You can say. You won't look foolish. It's not too far gone with the saving face routine.

Come on fellas. It's okay.

I was wrong. Southgate has done a double decent job this tournament and turning the whole national team around along with the mentality.

We're in a major final. Following a semi. It's not luck. It's not the draws.

You're safe.

I. Was. Wrong.

Southgate has done a great job. I'm absolutely delighted we're in a final. I would do some things differently and that's OK to say so too. Chief among the things I would do differently is play Grealish (or one or two others) instead of Mount. That's it. 

People complaing too much can stfu, and people slamming others for having a slightly different opinion to Southgate can stfu.

That's how I see it. But has Southgate exceeding my expectations? 100% Now come on boys, let's win this mofo, by any means possible.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mourinho basically saying he thinks Southgate taking off Jack and as wrong etc.

Yes I heard that. The same Mourinho that often is criticised for being too defensive but said we were in control of the game and Jack staying on would more than likely have made it a more comfortable scoreline. 

I think 99% of our supporters (Villa that is, not England) just feel that although we have done really well to reach our first final since 66, we would be more aesthetically pleasing to watch if JG was starting.

It's pretty simple really. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Being a fan and being fanatical have very different overtones (and it seems like a lot of sources think the words are unrelated, with "fan" apparently coming from "fancying" a team whereas "fanatical" means mad with religious fervour). I'd be happy for you think I'm a Villa fan, but I wouldn't describe myself as fanatical about Villa. There's certainly other things in my life I value a lot more.

Why is it unwarranted to belittle people being overly protective of Jack (your word, not mine), even if they are fans? Do you think being a fan just gives you a blank cheque to act however you want and nobody is allowed to criticise you for it?

That’s fair. But I don’t like it when people are mocked (being called idiots and embarrasing and whatnot) for being Villa fanatical on a Villa message board. Criticise and debate all you want, but it would be nice if we could be…well, nice about it. It shouldn’t be too difficult to empathise with someone for being OTT in their Villa fandom. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's disappointing that the whole fan base haven't turned into some conspiracy theory believing lunatics? 

No. That wasn’t what I said. 

49 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Being a fan and being fanatical have very different overtones (and it seems like a lot of sources think the words are unrelated, with "fan" apparently coming from "fancying" a team whereas "fanatical" means mad with religious fervour). I'd be happy for you think I'm a Villa fan, but I wouldn't describe myself as fanatical about Villa. There's certainly other things in my life I value a lot more.

Why is it unwarranted to belittle people being overly protective of Jack (your word, not mine), even if they are fans? Do you think being a fan just gives you a blank cheque to act however you want and nobody is allowed to criticise you for it?

Why belittle anyone at all just because they have a different view to yours? Says a lot about someone's life experience IMO if they're going to sit at a keyboard and flame others for caring about something they don't care about. Pretty sad actually.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Kick off at 8pm, England line up with one change from the semi final, Jason Sancho coming in for Bukayo Saka.

England struggle to break the Italian press but still have a decent amount of possession without threatening much, Kane is unfortunately very isolated.

27 minutes in to the first half England go one down, Italy break down the left and the ball is sent quickly across the pitch to chiesa who drives forward and strikes it, Pickford gets a good hand on it but can only send it into the path of immobile who slots it away.

The next 40 minutes follow a similar pattern of England struggling to create much despite having more of the ball than the opening half hour, Italy looking dangerous on the counter.

Jack Grealish comes on in the 70th minute, nothing much happens for 5 minutes until Grealish finds himself near the halfway line on the left, he brings himself and the ball forward at pace, into the box, cuts inside and is chopped down by veratti for a penalty. 

Italy fans call conspiracy, Kane steps up and makes it 1-1.

With 2 minutes left in the game Jack picks up the ball on the edge of the box, Shaw makes a great outside in run to the byline just inside the box, Grealish fakes the pass, takes the space inside and unleashes a curled effort right into the bottom right corner.

England win 2-1, Grealish gets the back pages, villatalk goes wild.

I believe.

"He should have started"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Jack's now made it to the stage where I'm seeing women I am friends with on FB, who have absolutely no idea about football at all, commenting on every single post that comes up with him in it, with love heart eyes 🤣

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Foden hasn't trained today for a slight knock, so he won't be starting tomorrow.

So just to continue the indignant tone set here; half-fit Foden set to start over Grealish tomorrow.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Mate had a video message off Jack yesterday and at the end of the video it says, ‘see you down Villa park next season’. 

Im taking that as he’s staying. 

Unless he was talking about the 30th of November when Man City come to Villa Park? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Well, you seem to be defending the right for a variation of opinion, whilst telling people with a variation of opinion to STFU in the same sentence.

Well, no. Firstly, I was being jovial but that might not have come across.

But to be honest, I am defending the right for a variation of opinion as you put it. That's it. I don't think anybody should be calling people bizarre, insane or idiots for having an opinion on how Southgate might have done some things differently - particularly with Jack. It's an almost rabid effort to stamp out anything contrary.

• Like 1

Â