The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Kane isn't a Guardiola player at all neither is Haaland.

Be surprised if there's anything in it.

I completely don’t agree with you but let’s say you are right.  Who in the current market do you think Man City or more precisely Pep would be after as his type of striker? Not a type of player but a name.

Just now, nick76 said:

I completely don’t agree with you but let’s say you are right.  Who in the current market do you think Man City or more precisely Pep would be after as his type of striker? Not a type of player but a name.

A Watkins type. A Jesus Gabriel type.

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Southgate will play Maguire instead of Mount before he picks Jack. 

Yeah disappointedly I think you are right.  I kept thinking he might start Jack because it’s the last group game and we’ve all but qualified but I think you maybe right

In the last two games Mount as played as an advanced midfielder drifting out wide left, exactly the same role that Grealish plays for us when he plays as a No.10, and also where he's  played for England in his last few appearances. Grealish is the obvious replacement for Mount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

In the last two games Mount as played as an advanced midfielder drifting out wide left, exactly the same role that Grealish plays for us when he plays as a No.10, and also where he's  played for England in his last few appearances. Grealish is the obvious replacement for Mount.

I think Foden is better centrally. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

A Watkins type. A Jesus Gabriel type.

He’s obviously not going to come and try Ollie so barring that he’s going to have to go abroad to look for the next big name/big game type.

I see why you are saying that.  

I still think Kane is perfect for them and I think it’s inevitable he’s going there now the ball has started because Kane is so desperate to leave Spurs and the stories of City equally being interested seem to be solidified today.

I doubt whether Jack will start tomorrow. Gareth is just too cautious. He will bring in Bellingham for Mount but I don’t expect any other changes. Imagine living in a world where a football manager values Rice, Philips, Bellingham, Mount, Sterling et al over a genuine once in a generation talent in Grealish. Ridiculous really.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Mount is definitely out, 10 day self-isolation… Grealish in? Well, that’s not quite so certain.

What I mean is, Mount and Grealish are probably our two best creative midfielders (along with the impressive Yorkshire Pirlo). I think Mount has kept Grealish out of the previous two games and we were lacking creativity against the Scots. I'm not saying Southgate will start Jack, I'm just saying that surely he really should start him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not convinced, feels like a guy that wants to try and do things here.  He’s doing what we all wanted to do as kids is play football at Villa Park and be the main player.  He’s talked about it so often.  He’s talked how loyal Totti was to Roma.  Seems to suggest he wants to try and win things here than easily win things at somewhere like Man City. He’ll at least give us another season to see how we can progress.  If we keep progressing I think he keep staying.  Call me naive I guess but the hints from him are all there.

I really wouldn't read anything into that throwaway comment about Totti.

Â